Chapter 15: The BET

It All Started With A BET (ON-HOLD)

A/N: This is UNEDITED. I'll edit this tomorrow.

 

“Bet?” YongHwa asked feeling nervous all of a sudden. He always had this kind of nervousness whenever MinHyuk will start with his playful tactics. Because the last time they had a bet, he lost his limited wrist watch which he bought in France. Minhyuk had showed an interest on that watch the first time he laid his eyes on it and so the bet happened.

 

“What kind of bet? Yah! Don’t count me in with what you’re planning because when YoonA found this out, I’ll be dead.” JongHyun said glaring at Minhyuk.

 

"Hyung! This is just going to be between the four of us! Your girl won’t knew about this, come on! Don’t be such a kill joy!” Minhyuk chuckled as he drank the remaining alcohol in his glass.

 

“So here’s the bet,” Minhyuk then leaned so the three guys can hear him well, the three listened carefully to what he’s going to say.

 

“One month. If in one month, you did not make her fall for you, you'll give us your baby!" Minhyuk said wriggling his eyebrows.

 

"My car?! Yah! Neo miccheoseeo?!" He said nervously mentally killing Minhyuk and his crazy idea.

 

"What if he did?" It was Jonghyun who asked.

 

"If he did? You'll give him this bar, hyung!" Minhyuk winked at him that earned a smack from Jonghyun.

 

"Why my bar?! Do you want to die?" He hissed at him but Minhyuk just chuckled.

 

“Wae? We put some investments in this bar, did you forget that? If he won, we’ll lost too.”

 

YongHwa shakes his head thinking that Minhyuk is on to his crazy act again. He watched as JungShin and Jonghyun starts smacking MinHyuk’s head. He chuckled as he stands up.

 

"Whatever! Suit yourself! I'm outta here." He said drinking the last glass of his alcohol.

 

"Oh? Where are you going?" Jungshin stops smacking MinhYuk’s head.

 

He stand between the three guys then he put both his hands on their back. He leaned closer to them. The sound gets more louder so he shouts at them so they can hear what he’s going to say.

 

 "There is this saying that you should follow your dreams." He said grinning. The three confusingly looked at each other then to YongHwa who was still behind them.

 

"And so?" JongHyun asked as he can’t understand what his hyung just said.

 

"And so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to my 'dream'. To my dream girl." He said tapping their back while smirking.

 

Minhyuk and Jungshin’s mouth hang open as they hear what he just said. Saying they are shocked is an understatement.

 

"Mwoya?!" JongHyun said wiping his mouth since what YongHwa said made him spit the alcohol that he was drinking. ‘He should have warned me when he’s going to say mushy things! Aish!’ He thought.

 

"That's too mushy Hyung!” Minhyuk said when he recovered from shock.

 

“Hyung, are you sick?” JungShin turned to him with a disgusted look. YongHwa laughed heartily seeing their reaction.

 

‘I must be crazy. Yes, I’m crazy for her.’ He thought to himself.

 

“I’ll go now. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He wave goodbye then patted their back gently.

 

"But you just came from her and you're going to her again! Yah! Hyung! Seohyun is being selfish now!"

 

He heard his dongsaengs complaining as he went out of the bar, he doesn't mind because all he wants is to see her again. His dream, his only dream girl.

 

"But wait! Did he agree to the bet? He did,right?" Minhyuk asked the two remaining guy but the two just shrugged their shoulder and continue drinking.

===================================================================================================================

 

“NO!” Seohyun said crossing her arms.

 

“Wae?!” YongHwa then move to sit next to her. They are in the cafeteria of the University and YongHwa has been forcing her to attend the acquaintance party with him which will be held this Saturday.

 

“Because I hate parties, Oppa. I need to do something on that day and I have no time to party. I’ll be just organizing it and I’ll go home. Party is not my style, Oppa. You’ll just get bored, just ask for your friends to go with you.” Seohyun then continued eating.

 

“I never got bored when I’m with you.” YongHwa said in a cool manner.

 

Seohyun almost choked the kimbap that she just ate upon hearing what he said.

 

“Oppa! Aish! Jinjja!” She complained glaring at him after drinking some water.

 

“Wae? Do I have that effect to you already? Are you perhaps falling for me?”

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes. “No! Of course not! Where did you ever get that idea? I just don’t like that  you keep on saying non sense things in public! What if someone heard you? They might misunderstand us.”

 

“I don’t care what other people will say. What’s important is you go with me this Saturday. Please? Hmmm? Can you do it for Oppa?” He said softly while winking at her but she just smirked at him.

 

“The answer is still N-O. No!” She said grinning.

 

“Yah! Do you know that there are other girls who would love to go with me. But I rejected them because I want to go with you.”

 

Seohyun’s smile faded away then she looked at him coldy. “Geure? Then who told you to reject them? Go with them because I won’t go with you. I’m sorry if you think that I’m rejecting you.”

 

She gathers her things which made YongHwa nervous. “I-It’s not what I mean. H-Hey, I-I was just joking—“

 

He did not finished his sentence when Seohyun shove his hand away. “Mian, I’ll go ahead. I need to study for the exam.” She said standing up while she hands him a thin notebook.

 

“You were absent for three days, I made some notes for you, just in case you want to study.” She said coldly making him feel guilty.

 

She smiled bitterly, “I don’t even know why I did that for you when in fact, you can ask YOUR  girls to do it for you.”

 

He’s about to say something but she already turned around and walked away.

 

He stands up to follow her when suddenly his phone rang.

 

“Yobosaeyo?” He answered annoyingly without looking at the screen.

 

“YongHwa-ya, Don’t forget to fetch Soojung at the Airport later.” It’s his mother.

 

He heaved a sigh  ‘Here’s another trouble. I haven’t told her about Soojung.’

 

“Ne, Omma. I’ll go to the airport after my morning class. Don’t worry.” Then he hang up after saying goodbye to his mother. He searched for her but he can’t find her anymore.

 

‘I’ll just deal with her later.’ He said to herself before he picks up her things and walks out the café. He still needs to pick up the most troublesome woman he ever knew.

 

‘Why do you really have to go back at this time, Soojung-ah.’

 

===================================================================================================================

 

“Waiting for someone?” Seohyun jolted in surprise when YoonA appeared behind her. They just finished closing the café and on their way home.

 

Seohyun shook her head immediately. “A-Aniyo! I-I was just looking if there’s a cab coming.” She lied.

 

She must admit that she was offended with what YongHwa said a while ago. If there’s one thing that she hates, it’s being compared to other people. She just hate it and what she hates the most is that he did it to her. Well, he did not directly compared her to other girls but she still feel upset. She was expecting him to see in the classroom after she left him but he did not comeback until the whole class ended which made her more upset. She feels that her effort to made him notes for him to study had all gone to waste.

 

‘Did he had a change of mind? I bet he’s with one of those girls.’  She can’t help but think.

 

She came back on her senses when she heard a familiar honk of the car. Suddenly she feels excited but it didn’t last long when she saw the man who came out of the car, it’s Jonghyun.

 

“Hi.” He gave YoonA a peck on the lips then turned at her.

 

“I just borrowed YongHwa Hyung’s car. He told me to fetch you since he can’t go here now. Something came up.” He explained.

 

She smiled, a fake one. ‘Something came up? He just don’t want to see me. Maybe he thought I wasn’t good for him. That’s a good thing though.’

 

“Aniyo, I’ll just take a cab. Just take unnie home, I’ll be fine.”

 

“Joohyun-ah. Are you sure?” YoonA starts to worry about her friend. She know something is not right.

 

“Ne, Unnie. I’ll be fine.”

 

“But Seohyun-ssi, Hyung might be—“

 

JongHyun wasn’t able to finished his sentence when a cab stops in front of them.

 

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow. Bye!” She said before getting in a cab.

 

“Call me when you reach home,okay?” YoonA said as she was closing the door, she just gave her a nod and smiles before the cab drives away.

 

“Oppa..” YoonA called JongHyun’s attention.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Something is not right between the two. Do you have any idea what happened?”

 

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulder, “I don’t know, Hyung just gave me a call a while ago to fetch her and dropped her home.”

 

YoonA just heaved a sigh still feeling worried for their maknae. ‘I hope things will get better between them.’

 

===================================================================================================================

 

The next day, Seohyun came to the University earlier since she got a lot of things to do. She did not manage to finish all her school work yesterday because her last conversation with YongHwa keeps on flashing to her mind. This is the first time that she was totally unable to focus on her work and that made her more frustrated.

 

To be honest, she was expecting YongHwa to call her to at least explain. Yes, she is expecting him to say he was sorry or to at least explain what he just said. Just one ‘sorry’ and she’ll forget everything that he said. She was expecting him to fetch her after school or in the coffee shop but there wasn’t any sign of him. Instead, he sent Jonghyun to drop her to her house, that made her even more upset. That was her cue to be more upset to him and thinks that maybe what the other people are saying is actually right. That she is not that important to him, that she is nothing but his flavor of the month. That day, she decided to ignore him and she is determined to do it.

“Are you sure you’re not coming with us?” Tiffany asked her again for the nth time that morning when she told her that she can’t go with them for their daily announcement.

 

“Ne, Unnie. I need to finish these stuffs. I’m sorry if I’m passing it to you.” She lied because the truth is, she is not yet ready to face him. Since he will be in the room assigned to them whenever they do their daily announcement to the class, she asked Tiffany to announced it on her behalf. She just lied to her that she is rushing the props that will be used in their Acquaintance Party.

 

“It’s okay. It’s nothing. I’ll go back here once my class is over. We’ll help you.” Tiffany smiled at her still oblivious of her real reason.

 

“Ne. Kamsahamnida Unnie, Luhan-ssi.” She bowed to them as the two school officers leave the room.

 

 

Tiffany and Luhan finished the Officers’ Daily Announcement smoothly. They are now on their way to their own classes when YongHwa suddenly appeared in front of them.

 

“OMO! You scared me, Oppa!” Tiffany said still holding her chest because of shock when  YongHwa suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

“Mianhe.” YongHwa muttered. Tiffany looks at Luhan when they noticed that YongHwa is actually fidgeting.

 

“Is there something wrong, Oppa?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Oh? Ah..I-I j-just want to ask, if by any chance, y-you see Joohyun—“

 

Tiffany chuckled upon hearing that familiar name. She can’t help but to feel giddy the fact that the great Jung YongHwa is obviously nervously looking for her friend.

 

“If you’re looking for JooHyun, she’s in HQ. She said she need---“ Tiffany’s mouth left ang open when YongHwaimmediately run without waiting for her to finish her sentence.

 

“Mwoya?! What’s wrong with hm?” Tiffany asked Luhan but then he just shrugged his shoulder.

 

She was about to take another step when they heard YongHwa called her name.

 

“TIFFANY SSI!”

 

“Ne?”

 

“THANK YOU! I OWE YOU THIS ONE!” Tiffany’s eyes widened when YongHwa throw her a flying kiss. It almost left her breathless. She was standing there immobile still shock of what YongHwa did.

 

“Get back on your senses, Tiffany-ssi. You know that he will never like you.” It was Luhan who snapped his fingers in front of her.

 

“Oh?! W-What are you saying?” She said pouting. She knows that his heart has been captured by Seohyun. But sometimes when YongHwa is acting sweet to her, she can’t help but to turned into a fangirl imagining she is at Seohyun’s place.

 

‘I would really kill my maknae if she let go of him.’ She always said to herself.

===================================================================================================================

 

YongHwa immediately run to HQ as soon as he finds out that Seohyun was there. He knew that he said something yesterday that upset her and though he still can’t fathom what it is, he’s willing to apologize. He was supposed to meet her yesterday at the coffee shop however her parents told him to stay until dinner time. He left his phone in his car so he wasn’t able to contact her. Good thing JongHyun called him on their home phone so he was able to ask him to fetch Seohyun.

 

He wokes up early this morning to drop by to their house. Everything has been planned but it was ruined when SooJung wake him up this morning saying she wanted to have breakfast with him. He got no choice but to do what she wants. It’s been a year since he did not see her and he know the woman will immediately throw tantrums when he rejected her. He is still looking for a right time to tell her about Seohyun. He immediately went out of the house before Soojung can say something, he just told her that he’ll take a test today so he can’t be late which the girl believed that she even gave him a kiss on the cheek as a good luck.

 

While YongHwa was running to the School Officers’ Headquarters, he had set his mind about  what he’ll say when he saw her, however when he finally reached the door of the HQ, his heart suddenly beat faster.

 

‘What if she’s still mad at me?’

 

“Of course she’s still mad at you! Pabo!” He mentally scolded himself then he thought of an idea. He runs away from the door again but this time he’s heading outside the University.

 

He was already panting when he reached the flower shop in front of JYHU.

 

“OMO! Did you just run? You’re sweating.” A young woman approached him as she enters the shop.

 

“I need flowers.” He said ignoring the flirty stare that the lady is giving him.

 

“I can see that since you are in a flower shop. What kind of flowers are you looking for?”

 

“ I want white roses and please make it the best flower bouquet and please make it fast.” He said wiping his sweat with his handkerchief, he needs to be good looking when he face her.

 

“As you wish. Is this for your Mother  or sister?” The lady asked again smiling obviously flirting with him. He heaved a sigh then throw her his sweetest smile.

 

“Aniyo, it’s for my future wife. Now please do my order or I’ll move to another shop.”

 

The smile from the lady soon fades away upon hearing what he said and starts to do her job. After a few minutes, she was done and she gave him the bouquet that was nicely decorated.

 

“It’s such a pity that you’re already taken but if ever you change your mind, I’m just here.” The lady said winking at him.

 

“Thank you and I’m sorry because I’ll never change my mind.” He said dropping on the table the money before leaving the shop and went back to the Univsersity.

 

Everyone is looking at him when he got back to JYHU until he reached their building. Well it’s because he is carrying a very nice bouquet that every girl he passed by squealed thinking that it was for them but sigh in disappointment when he just ignored them. Because they all knew who is the real owner of that bouquet. The whole JYHU is well aware that he likes Seohyun, some even believe that they are already dating while some still thinks that she is his new flavor of the month.

 

He took a deep breath when he reach HQ’s door for the second time. After calming himself he finally knocked on the door.

 

“Ne?” He chuckled nervously upon hearing her voice. He puts the flower in front of his face then knocks again.

===================================================================================================================

 

Seohyun frowned when she heard the knock for the second time. The officers never knocked on the door whenever they entered the HQ. She is quite sure that she did not lock the door, looking very puzzle, she opened the door only to see a flower. Well, actually, someone is holding the bouquet of flower but she can’t see the man’s face since it is covered with the flowers.

 

“Yes?” She asked again then her eyes widened when the person slowly lowered the bouquet enough for her to see his face.

 

“Hi.” Is the only word that came to YongHwa’s mouth when he saw her.

 

Suddenly everything that happened yesterday came back to her so he looked at him coldly.

 

“Do you need anything, Jung YongHwa-ssi?” She asked turning around to get back on what she’s doing inside.

 

“Jung YongHwa ssi? JooHyun-ah, wait!” He grabbed her hand to stop her from walking away.

 

“Look, I know that I have said something that made you upset and I’m sorry. Although I still don’t know what—“

 

“Do you know what I hate the most?” She cut his sentence. She heaved a sigh then looked at him as she smiled weakly.

 

“It’s being compared. May it directly or indirectly, I hate being compared to any other people. And you just did. Yesterday, you just did it yesterday. I know that compared to other girls who will do everything that you told them to do, I am nothing. I’ll understand if you’ll stop—“

 

“NO! Stop it. Whatever you say, don’t say it. JooHyun-ah, listen to me, please. That’s not what I meant. It wasn’t my intention to offend you I was just really joking and I did not know that you think I am comparing you to them. I’m sorry.”

 

She turned around before he saw her tears fell from her eyes. “Oppa, it’s okay. I’ll understand if you will tell me you’ll stop now. Maybe what they said is true after all. Maybe, I am not that important to you, maybe they are right when they said that I am just your new victim. Let’s stop this while I can still—“

 

Seohyun froze on her spot when she felt his arms encircled around her waist. Suddenly her heart beat faster.

 

“No, I won’t stop. I like you. I like you so much and I never like someone as much as I like you. I’m sorry for making you upset.”

Seohyun bit her lower lip to suppress a sob to come out.

 

“Kojimal.” She mumbled. “If that’s true, then why you didn’t show up yesterday? You could have explained everything yesterday but instead you send JongHyun Oppa to fetch me.”

 

 YongHwa slowly turned her around to face him. “I can’t. My family asked me to stay with them. I left my phone in the car so when Jonghyun called to our home phone, I asked him that favor. I’m sorry. God knows how much I wanted to see you last night.”

 

Seohyun felt guilty for judging and hating him without hearing his explanation. She felt guilty that she planned to ignore him and for making such bad conclusions over him.

 

“Jinjjayo? Is that really true?” She said wiping her tears then looked down feeling shy.

 

“Ne. Why would I lie to you? Look, I won’t force you to go with me to the party but please give me another chance, I’ll do better this time.”

 

Seohyun just nods and smiled at him. The first genuine smile she ever did after what happened yesterday.

 

“I’m sorry for thinking bad about you, Oppa. I just thought that..that maybe you don’t really like me.”

 

“It’s okay. I can’t blame you but can you trust Oppa from now on? Don’t listen to what other people will say because I don’t care what they say, what matters to me is the fact that I like you.”

 

“Ne. Gosh! I feel so stupid, I don’t usually cry but---Oh my gosh! This is embarrassing. I’m sorry.” YongHwa chuckled as he hugs her tightly.

 

“Did you know why you cry?” He asked grinning then he felt Seohyun shakes her head.

 

“I told you, you’re falling for me. You just have to admit it.”

 

Seohyun pulled away then hit him on his chest. “Aish! Jinjja!” Then they both burst into laughter.

 

“So, are we good now?” YongHwa asked which she nodded instantly.

 

“Ne.”

 

“So, will you accept this flower this time?” He handed her the bouquet of flowers.

 

Seohyun accepts it. “Thank you. I never imagine I’ll be able to accept flower from a man.”

 

“I can give you flower every day if you want to.”

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes. “Forget it, Oppa.”

 

They talked for a little more time before YongHwa told her that he’ll go ahead since he need to take a special examination with Prof. Lee’s subject.

 

“So, I’ll see you later in class.” He said before going out of the room.

 

“Ne.”

 

YongHwa then made her way to the door.

 

“Oppa!” She called when he opened the door.

 

“I think going with you to the party isn’t a bad idea at all.” She said smiling.

 

YongHwa’s eyes widened in surprise. “Are you sure?” He asked excitedly then she just nods.

 

“You can’t take that back, okay?”

 

Seohyun chuckled. “Don’t worry, I don’t have any plans to take it back.”

 

YongHwa smiled showing his bursting cheeks. “Well then, I’ll pick you tomorrow at 7 PM?”

 

“Ne.”

 

“Thank you.” He said before finally he leaves the room. Seohyun was still smiling when he leaves. Her eyes stop on the bouquet on her table.

 

‘It’s really beautiful.’ She whispered as she runs a hand on the flowers. She giggled when she remembered what he just did a while ago. She can’t help but to smile, she just stop smiling when she heard a familiar voices approaching.

 

“Maknae-ah, are you---OH MY GOSH?!?! Did YongHwa Oppa give that to you??” Tiffany’s eyes widened when she spotted the bouquet she is holding.

 

She opened to say something but YoonA and Hyoyeon came in the room too.

 

“OMONA! Who gave you that flowers??” They said in unison.

 

‘Here we go again.’ She thought as she can already sense that her unnies will again.

 

 

Author's Note:

 

Because I am so happy with the so called GoChun's Tsunami Hint that happened today! Here's an update! I'm planning to post this tomorrow but I got so excited. Thanks to YONGSEO who got DIVORCED but still contact each other every now and then! How are you Gogumas? Are you still breathing? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YONGSEO IS REAL!

 

It's been a long time since I did not update IASWAB and I'm so sorry. I've been really busy with my work. But I hope this update will be worth the wait.

 

By the way, just in case you did not know, last February 11, I posted my new story, SECOND CHANCES. It's my first 5 shot story, but yes, it's not yet done! PUHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll try to update it soon. 

 

And as always, Thank you for SUBSCRIBING and COMMENTS are highly appreciated.

 

~ilovegoguma29~