Chapter 14: She likes him?!

It All Started With A BET (ON-HOLD)

 

 

When they saw Seohyun entering the café, Sunny immediately run to her and pulled her to her seat the moment she enter the café.

 

“Woah! Unnie, slow down.” She said as she sits on her chair still surprise of Sunny grabbing her all of a sudden.

 

“You’ve got a lot of explaining to do!”

 

“What was that all about?”

 

“Why are you with YongHwa?”

 

“I mean, he’s not just an ordinary man but he’s the great Jung YongHwa and did I mention ‘The GREAT’.”

 

"And did he do this transformation to you?"

 

Her unnie deul bombarded her questions the moment she sits in front of them. She felt dizzy hearing those questions as she doesn’t know what questions she will answer first. She sits facing the glass wall so she saw YongHwa waving at her,  she bowed a little to him as she watched his car drives away from that place. Then she heard her Unnies gasped.

 

“OMO! Look at how she’s blushing!”

 

“Her face is now crimson red just because of that one wave!”

 

Her Unnie deul started again. She shakes her head desperately.

 

“What? I-I’m not blushing, Unnie. What are you saying?” She defended herself.

 

“So you’re saying we’re blind now?” It was Yuri who .

 

“A-Aniyo! It’s not like that.”

 

“Then what?”

 

“Aigoo! Uri maknae is now becoming a lady, you’re even blushing. But why him? I’m sure you know what kind of person he is, right?” Taeyeon said seriously making sure that she won’t be offended.

 

Seohyun heaved a sigh, she looked at all of them before she finally speak.

 

“Okay, before anything else, we are not dating, okay. Well, we went out, twice.”

 

“TWICE?!” They asked in disbelief.

 

“Let me finish first before you react, please.” She pleaded nervously as all eyes are on her aside from one, Tiffany, whom she noticed had been really quiet.

 

“Okay fine, Tell us everything.” It was Sooyoung who said taking a bite of her blackberry cheese cake.

 

“I’ll tell you everything but please let me finish first before you asked me question or..” She looked at Tiffany,  “or before you get mad at me, at least listen to me first.” Then Tiffany caught her looking at her so she looked away.

 

“We’re listening.” It was Taeyeon, she took a deep breath before she speak.

 

“Okay, so here’s what happened..”

 

Then she told them everything from the day she met him since not all of them knew how they met, how he keeps on pestering her, how the bet started and until what happened this weekend. She told them every details that they need to know but of course she leave the ‘forehead kiss’ behind. They will surely kill YongHwa if they found it out, that's one thing she's sure.

 

"So all those annoying things that he did to you, everything is just for you to notice him because he likes you?" It was Sunny who first speak after Seohyun told them what happened.

 

"A-Aniyo, he admitted that he wanted to take a revenge on me because I embarassed him."

 

"What if this is just a part of his 'revenge'?" Jessica finally speak out her mind.

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "Though we just went out for two days, I can assure you that he's really a good person, he is really different from the Jung YongHwa that we know. He's really different from all those rumors that we heard about him. He's actually very playful and warm person."

 

"Stay away from him."

 

Everyone turned their head to the person who speak. All of them are shock including Seohyun. Of all the members they didn't imagine that Tiffany will ever utter those words to Seohyun. Yes, it was Tiffany, the only member of their group who is very fond of CNBLUE, who knew everything about them. Tiffany loves CNBLUE to death that's why it shocked them.

 

"U-Unnie.." is the only word that Seohyun managed to say.

 

"Yah! Tiffany! What's wrong with you? Why are being like this?" Yuri said in annoyance. She have been really annoyed with Tiffany's reaction over this matter. Shouldn't she be happy that Seohyun is now opening her world, she used to set her up to guys last year but Seohyun hesitated it so she doesn't understand why Tiffany is over reacting. 'Don't tell me she was also fantasizing YongHwa being her boyfriend just like other girls?' She can't help but thought.

 

Tiffany ignored their weird looks because what matters now is ttheir maknae, she doesn't want her to regret this so she must protect her. She's fine with any other guy, just not YongHwa. She looked at Seohyun sternly.

 

“How can you be so sure that he's being true to you?! How can you be sure that this is not part of his dirty plan?! How can you talk as if you’ve known him for years when in fact, you just went out with him for two days?! How can you easily fall for him in just two days?!”Tiffany yelled in frustration.

 

"Yah! Don't you think you're being too much?!" Sooyoung said glaring at Tiffany.

 

“Stay away from him! He will just hurt you! I am his fan, I know everything about him! EVERYTHING JooHyun! He’s just fooling you! He will just left you when he got what he wants and you know that—“

 

“YAH! HWANG MIYOUNG!” Taeyeon stops her from talking, aside from its already gaining attention to everyone in the café, she is already scaring Seohyun.

 

“What?!” Tiffany annoyingly asked.

 

“Tone down your voice Tiffany! Neo miccheosseo?! Why are you yelling at her just because of this simple matter?! Are you out of your mind?!”

 

"Kwaenchanayo, Unnie." Seohyun whispered to Taeyeon.

 

“Simple? You call this simple? You already said it yourself, he is the GREAT Jung YongHwa, we all know he’s a playboy! This is not just a SIMPLE matter!  He’s a jerk! I just want to protect her! I don’t want to see her cry because of him!” Tiffany said furiously.

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath trying to control her anger. Her bestfriend sometimes know how to pissed her off.

 

"Do I really have to remind you that you are shouting at her? How can you be so judgemental over this?! Who gave you any right to judge and shout at her?! When did you ever learn to shout at her? She is Seo JooHyun, our maknae, our sister, for pete sake! Hwang Miyoung! GET BACK ON YOUR SENSES!"

 

Upon hearing what Taeyeon said, Tiffany realized what just happened. Her reaction softened.

 

"I-I just want to protect her, I don't want--"

 

“Did you forget? We made a promise not to interfere with anyone’s matter involving men. We agreed that each member should learn their own lesson by ourselves. We promised we won’t interfere not until that person made her cry.”

 

Tiffany felt guilty of what she did, she was carried away of her emotion and the feeling that she needs to protect Seohyun from that guy. She maybe a fan of him but she also know everything about that guy, that's why she's against with him.  She looked at Seohyun who was just sitting quietly while her head bowing low. She walks to her and hug her.

 

“Oh my God! I’m sorry JooHyun-ah! Unnie is just worried, I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to shout at you.”

 

“It’s okay Unnie, I understand but…” She let go of their hug then she wiped her tears and looked at her friends.

 

“But can we give him a chance to at least prove himself, he is really a good person if you only got to know him more, he’s different from the YongHwa that we know. Can you at least give him a benefit of the doubt? Keurigu, you don't really have to worry because as I have said, we are not dating, we agreed to be friends."

 

"Friends?"

 

Seohyun smiled. "Yes, he suggested that it will be better if we will be friends first so we'll know each other well. He said that he doesn't want to pressure me because of his confession." She explained.

 

"That's strange, YongHwa Oppa doesn't like any friendship towards girls. Why would he do that to you?" Tiffany asked confused.

 

"I think Seohyun is right. Let's give him a benefit of the doubt, we'll never know, maybe he's really a different guy now." It was Hyoyeon who said.

 

"Let's do that then." Taeyeon said in finality, Tiffany apologized again to Seohyun before she goes back to her seat.

 

YoonA ordered her staff to bring out the foods that she prepared for them. Then they eat as if nothing happened. Misunderstandings usually happened to their friendship but they make sure that they settle it all together, maybe that's the reason why they have been friends for two years already. They treat each other not just friends but family.

 

"Ah! Keundeyo, Sica Unnie, can I ask you a favor?"

 

Jessica who was about to eat a spoonful of pasta, puts down her fork.

 

"Should I be happy or should I be insulted? I was the first person you asked for a favor, this is the first time you ask a favor so of course, bring it on."

 

"Can you set me up an appointment to your Dad?" She asked nervously, everybody stop from eating.

 

"Wae? Are you  sick?" Taeyeon asked worriedly.

 

"A-Aniyo, i-it's not like that."

 

"But why my father? Why a cardiologist? Do you feel something about your heart?"

 

"N-Ne. I-I was just curious of something that I think I need to see a doctor."

 

"Why? What do you feel? Does it hurt?"

 

"Aniyo. I-It's not painful, i-it's just that sometimes, it really beat really fast that I almost thought it will explode."

 

Then everybody laughed.

 

"Yah! When do you usually feel it? Is it everytime you're with YongHwa?" Sooyoung asked still laughing.

 

"Ne?!"

 

She was about to open and denied their accusations  then she remembers the first time she felt it, so she closed and think about it carefully. She first felt it when they had an argument in the locker area after she called him gay. Her heart beat faster seeing those angry eyes, then she felt it everytime she saw him smile and of course she felt it after he kissed her on her forehead.

 

"A-Aniyo! How can you say such things Unnie! O-Of course not!" She denied while shaking her head.

 

"30 seconds." Sooyoung stated while glancing at her watch.

 

"Ne?" She asked Sooyoung confused.

 

"It took you 30 seconds before you can give us an answer." Then she looked at everybody smiling.

 

"It's confirmed! She like him too!" she continued winking!

 

"Mwo?! U-Unnie! That's non sense! H-How can you conclude that--"

 

"If it's not because of him, you won't take long to answer 'No. it's not about him.' Come on maknae, I'm not new with this."

 

"I don't think you need my Dad, I think what you need is someone like SooYoung. A hot guy magnet, an expert in love." Jessica too.

 

"So tell me, " Sooyoung started again. "Do you feel butterflies on your stomach when you see him?"

 

"Ne? Butterfly on my stomach?”

 

"Aish! I thought you're smart? Why are you so dumb over this matter!" Sooyoung said rolling her eyes which earned a laugh from the other girls.

 

"What I was tryring to say, do you feel your heart beat faster when you're with him, like there's something weird moving in your stomach?"

 

I had those feelings, does it mean that I like him?

 

"No, I-I did not feel anything like that." she lied.

 

"And did we forgot to say, you're not good in lying?" Yuri said suppressing her laughter.

 

"It's okay. Don't worry too much maknae, as we always tell you, there's no harm in liking someone, just don't be so obvious over this matter, and remember, you're just getting to know him more, don't give him you're everything." Taeyeon commented.

 

"Don't give him you're first kiss yet!" Tiffany said giggling!

 

"AHH!!! Unnie deul! Jinjja! It's really not like that!"She said in frustration while pouting while the rest just laughed heartily. Seeing their maknae experienced liking someone is something that they never thought will happen but it's not a bad idea at all.

 

========================================================

 

YongHwa went straight to BLUE ELITE , a bar owned by JongHyun, right after he dropped Seohyun at the cafe. He got a message from JongHyun telling him to come right away.

 

The bar was crowded when he arrived. The bar is well known for those people who belong to the elite family in South Korea. He have spotted some of the girls whom he had share the night once, they winked at him some even waved but since he's now a changed man, he ignored all of them.

 

"Woah! Am I really dreaming?"

 

"Hyung! Are you sick?"

 

“Did you just ignored those girls?”

 

That was what his friends told him the moment he arrived on the table.

 

"What's up?" He asked them while doing their fist bump as a greeting.

 

"We called you because we are so curious about something." Jonghyun started.

 

"Bring it on." He said.

 

"You and Seohyun-ssi, what are really your status?" It was Minhyuk who asked.

 

"We're friends." YongHwa answered matter of factly.

 

"And?" Jungshin asked knowing that there's something more to his answer.

 

"And what?"

 

"Hey Hyung, Hwejangnim looked like a real goddess today, it's--"

 

Jungshin stopped talking when YongHwa threw him a deadly glare when he mentioned the word "goddess"

 

"W-What I'm trying to say, I-I'm quite sure there's more to that 'we're friends' answer, right? I mean, Hwejangnim even change her hairstyle today."

 

YongHwa sighed. "Ahrasseo, I know it's hard to believe but we're friends..for now. I'm taking it slowly with her, I don't want to pressure her but I already confessed to her. She knows I like her and she agreed that we'll be friends while I'm trying to prove to her that my intentions are pure. So yeah, to put is hort, we're friends while I'm courting her."

 

Jonghyun spitted the alcohol he just drank while JungShin and Minhyuk stared at him surprised.

 

"You what?! C-Courting?! Yah! You never done this with any woman. This is the first time that you're courting a girl." Jonghyun commented after wiping his mouth.

 

"I know, it's also my first time experiencing this kind of feeling." The he looked at them.

 

"I think I found my match, I'm falling in love. Isn't it funny?" He said smiling.

 

"Daebak! Yah! Let's make a bet over this!" Minhyuk said excitedly.

 

"Bet?" YongHwa asked not feeling good with what he's suggesting. Suddenly he felt that he won’t like what will happen next. He suddenly felt like leaving his friends and just visit Seohyun at the café.

 

Author's Note:

 

Okay, I know this took too long than it's usual and probably the next update too and I'M REALLY SORRY about that. I am really busy with my work now that I only got 5 hours of sleep but I still managed to type this in between breaks! Thanks to my draft notebook and my mobile phone! Puhahahahaha! The next update will took longer too since I'm now working on my short fanfic that I'm planning to post on YongSeo's 4th Anniversary. It's a 5 shot story, it's my first time trying to write a short story, I don't really like writing short stories since I can't write the full emotions if it's too short, so this really challenge me. I'll be back as soon as I finished it. Thank you for supporting this story despite of it's slow update. To be very honest, I feel really embarassed that I don't update regularly. 

 

Can you guess what will be the BET? *wink*

 

COMMENTS JUSEYO! It really gives me energy. 

 

~ilovegoguma29~