Chapter 2: After the Incident

It All Started With A BET (ON-HOLD)

 

“Yah! Neo micheosseo?! Why did you do that?!” Tiffany shouted with so much frustration to Seohyun who seems to be not affected. They are inside the Student's Officers' Office now, Tiffany and Hyoyeon grabbed her there after the incident.

 

"You are so doomed JooHyun-ah! Nobody messed up with CNBLUE! You know how they deal with people messing up about them---" Hyoyeon was cut off by Seohyun's loud closing of the laptop.

 

"Unnie deul! Seriously?! What's wrong?! I did not do anything wrong, I just told that Jung YongHwa to apologize for his rudeness. I did that not for myself but because I AM the President. Not because he's the son of the owner he can do whatever he wants."

 

Tiffany grumbled in frustration. "Do you ever have any idea what he can do to you?! He has a very protective parents! They can expell you, for heaven's sake JooHyun!"

 

"I don't think they'll do that. No parents would like to know that their only son is such a jerk at their own school." She stands up and looked at her two friends.

 

"Look, you really don't have to worry about me. I can take care of myself. I'm sorry for making you mad today. I still have a class. I'll go ahead now." She kissed them on the cheek like they always do before leaving.

 

====================================================================================

 

"I need to find an information about the new President, Chae Rin-ah." He went to see Chae Rin after the incident. they were about to go to the faculty office but he was so pissed with that weird girl How can a simple bump made her angry like that?

 

"Seohyun? Why?" Chae Rin who was busy scanning her new tablet looked at him with so much confusion. Then it hit her, she smirked.

 

"New flavor of the week, Oppa? Stop it, that freak doesn't like guys. You'll just embarass yourself."

 

"She's not my type, I just need to know infos about her." He said gritting his teeth, talking to Chae Rin is really making him sick.

 

Chae Rin stands up and sits on the table, "Instead of finding information about that , how about we just have fun? Hmmmm?" she caressed his broad shoulders but YongHwa stops her hand.

 

"Forget it. Let's go." He called to his three friends who just shook their head.

 

"Hyung, can we--" JungShin, the youngest among them was cut off when YongHwa dialled something on his phone.

 

"Ahjussi. I want you to gather information about JYHU new student's president." He hanged up.

 

"Let's go to the faculty now." His three friends just followed him quietly. They knew that when YongHwa is mad, nobody should dare to contradict what he's saying.

 

When they reached the Faculty Office, they looked for Professor Han, the faculty member who is in charge of the students. Professor Han is a sophisticated female professor with a petite body and long hair.

 

"Anneonghaseyo." She greeted the moment they entered her office.

 

"We're sorry we just came now, GyuSuNim." JongHyun bowed politely.

 

"Aniyo, don't mention it. I already got your documents but I guess I need to tour you---"

 

"It will be a bother to you Miss, how about you asked the President to tour us?" YongHwa cut her off.

 

Prof.Han gulped, she doesn't know but there's something with Jung YongHwa's aura. Something dark.

 

She tried to smile. "J-Jeseonghamnida but Miss Seohyun is having her exam--"

 

"But I want her to tour us. Or should I just call the dean?"

 

"A-ANIYO!" YongHwa knew how these professors are scared of the Dean which happened to be his close friend, Dong Gun.

 

"A-Ahrasseo. L-Let's go to her room now." They followed Prof. Han as she walked out of the office.

 

When they reached the said classroom, YongHwa immediately looked for that familiar lady that caused his bad mood today. The classroom was quite big with several students but she found his target, she saw Seohyun sitting comfortably as she was waiting for her paper.

 

Prof. Han knocked on the door, she was greeted with the students and Prof. Lee.

 

"Do you need something Prof. Han?" Prof. Lee asked after he opened the door. He politely bowed to YongHwa.

 

"Ahh, N-Ne. C-Can we excuse Miss Seo?"

 

"But she--"

 

"Is there any problem?" YongHwa asked irritatedly.

 

"A-Aniyo. I'll just call her. Wait a moment please."

 

Prof.Lee called Seohyun immediately, he talked to her in a moment then Seohyun turned to the door with a frown expression.

 

"Anneonghaseyo. What can I do for you?" She asked ignoring the existence of YongHwa.

 

"I want you to tour us." YongHwa said smiling.

 

Seohyun tried to smile, a fake one. "Jeseonghamnida, but I don't think that's possible. I have a major exam which is about to start." She said matter of factly.

 

YongHwa smirked. "I thought you're a responsible President? Isn't touring new student your responsibility too." YongHwa said sarcastically. Seohyu bit her lower lip to avoid frustration.

 

"I can do that after my class, SAJANGNIM."

 

"I want it now,HWEJANGNIM." He said the last word with so much emphasis. Prof.Han and Prof. Lee just looked at the two and they can feel the tension. They were about to tell Seohyun to do what YongHwa wants to avoid misunderstanding when the lady nods her head.

 

Seohyun took a deep breath before nodding. "Ahrasseoyo. Can you please give me ten minutes, I'll just finish my exam." She asked trying hard not to be mad at the guy who keeps on staring at her.

 

"Ten minutes is too long---"

 

"FIVE MINUTES THEN! AISH!" She didn't wait for his reply she entered the room frustatedly.

 

'If I fail this exam, you're dead Jung YongHwa ssi!' She said to herself while hurriedly going back to her seat.

 

Students starts to ask her questions as to why are CNBLUE outside their room the moment she came back to her seat but she ignored them and she started answering her paper.

 

She came back exactly after five minutes.

 

"Impossible. Did you finish your test?" MinHyuk shockingly asked while JongHyun and Jungshin looked at  her with a shocked expression.

 

"Ne." She turned to Prof. Lee, "GyoSuNim, I put my paper on your table."

 

"Oh, G-Geure. Please guide them well." Prof.Lee said.

 

She bowed politely to the two teachers before she walked out to tour the four guys.

 

"You really finish the test in five minutes?" YongHwa told her as they were walking the hallway.

 

"I'm a man of my words." she said matter of factly. They arrived in the theater room.

 

"This is the theater room, students go here if they have to watch documentary and movies related to their studies." She explained as she showed them the room.

 

"Can't we watch movies not related to our study?" MinHyuk asked showing his eyesmiles.

 

Seohyun frowned, "I'm afraid you can't. This is a University not a place to date MinHyuk ssi."

 

"I'll show you the social hall now." She said without waiting for their reply.

 

"I heard you hate guys." Yonghwa blurted out. Seohyun stops from walking so as them.

 

She turned around to look at them with a cold expression. "How can the son of the owner of this university become so clueless with their own university?"

 

"Mworago?!" Yonghwa asked in a pissed tone.

 

"Because if you're not that clueless, We won't be doing this tour. It's a waste of time. Don't you think?" She smirked as she saw that YongHwa looked so pissed.

 

"This is why you should not ask unnecessary questions to me. You'll just get pissed.” She smirked when she sense that she won the argument. She looked at the other three who are all shocked as how she treats their so called leader.

 

====================================================================================

 

“Woah! This is so great!” JungShin said with full of excitement as they entered the last destination, the music room. It is a wide room filled with different kind of musical instruments.

 

“Are the students allowed to use these instruments?” JongHyun asked as he walked to a wall where a variety of guitars are hanged.

 

“Ne. Students just need to ask permission to the Dean of their department.” She replied.

 

“Seohyun-ssi, can we play here for a few minutes only?” MinHyuk asked.

 

“Don’t you have a class?”

 

“We don’t, we’ll start tomorrow.” JungShin replied.

 

“Well if that’s the case, I’ll leave you here. Just lock the door after.” She gave them a slight bow before leaving the room.

 

She headed to her next class after she left CNBLUE in the music room.

 

“Aish! My legs really hurt! Those guys, aren’t they aware how big JYHU?! Making me do the tour alone when they can just simply join the orientation for freshmen.” She was whining to herself when some students came to her.

 

“Hwejang! I heard you tour CNBLUE to the whole University.”

 

“How are they?!”

 

“You’re so lucky.”

 

“I wish I were you.”

 

These and more are what the students told her while she was busy massaging her feet.

 

“Please be quiet.” She told them in a more serious face.

 

Not long after, their professor came and they soon started the class.

 

====================================================================================

 

“Oh! Seohyun-ah! Anneong! How was your first day as a President?” YoonA, the owner of the coffee shop where she is working part time greeted her the moment she entered the shop.

 

“Don’t even mention it. I’ll just change clothes.” She entered the staff room and changed into her uniform.

 

Every day after school, she works here from 4 o’clock to 10 o’clock at night. Sometimes if they are lacking staff, she usually works until dawn. She started working here when she met YoonA two years ago in a dance academy where HyoYeon enrolled her without her knowledge.

 

YoonA had become like her real sister in that two years. She is studying in Seoul University taking up Culinary Arts. Baking is one of her passion so on her 23rd birthday, her parents gave her this coffee shop as a present as long as she will do well on her school.

 

“Why?Something happened?” She followed Seohyun to the staff room.

 

“Ani.” Seohyun came up tying up her hair before putting on a hairnet and bullcap.

 

“So what happened?”

 

“It was hell, YoonA. It was really HELL.”

“Why? Can you at least tell me in full details?Hmm?” YoonA inisited as she goes out of the room.

 

“Why are you so interested when actually I want to forget everything that happened to me?”

 

“Because—

 

“Do you want to transfer to JYHU so you’ll be updated too?” She asked sarcastically.

 

“Should I do that? I think that’s not a bad idea.” YoonA said with those sparkling eyes.

 

“Heol! You’re impossible.” Seohyun said in disbelief.

 

YoonA was about to say something when people started to fill the shop.

 

Seohyun is in the middle of her work as a cashier when Tiffany and Hyoyeon entered the shop.

 

“Oh?! What brings you here?” YoonA asked the two ladies.

 

“We’re here to buy some nails and curtains, YoonA ssi. Seriously?” Tiffany rolled her eyes while YoonA pouted.

 

Seohyun just giggled with the scene. “Ya,” Hyoyeon called her.

 

“Ne Unnie?”

 

“Are you still mad at us?”Hyoyeon asked that stops YoonA and Tiffany from bickering.

 

“Aniyo. I’m not mad at you Unnie deul.”

 

“You had a fight?” YoonA looked so surprised.

 

“Just a misunderstanding.” Tiffany said.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because this strong girl here yelled at CNBLUE this morning.”

 

“CNBLUE? They were at your school?” YoonA looked alternately to the three ladies.

 

“Pabo-yah! Of course. Jung YongHwa is the son of the owner.” Hyoyeon told her.

 

“Woah! Should I really move to JYHU?”

 

“Depends on your common sense, YoonA ssi.”

 

“YAH! I’m smart! I won’t get in Seoul University if I’m not smart.” She defended.

 

“When I said common sense, I didn’t say your ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE. Tsk. I wonder what will happen in this shop if Seohyun will not be here.” Tiffany sarcastically said.

 

“MWOYA?!”YoonA yelled.

 

YoonA, Tiffany,Hyoyeon and Seohyun shared this kind of friendship. People who may not know them might think they are fighting but actually, this is how they show their love to each other.

 

 

“By the way, Sunny called me. Can you go with us this Saturday? It’s been a long time since you hang around with us.” Hyoyeon told Seohyun as she fixes some pastries in the shelf.

 

“This Saturday? I can’t.” She replied going back to the counter area.

 

“Tutor again?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Ne. It’s Nana’s test on Monday so she needs to study.”

 

Nana is Seohyun’s student. Apart from doing a part time job after school, she also teaches student at their house for additional income. The students were referred by Sunny’s mother who is a principal of a private school in Seoul.

 

Sunny is one of Seohyun’s circles of friends. Along with Tiffany,Hyoyeon and YoonA, they all met in a Dance Academy, two years ago. Seohyun has a total of eight friends whom she all met in that Academy and they are all helping Seohyun whenever she needs help but they are always waiting for her to ask for it because offering her some help will make her mad. She doesn’t want people helping her because she wants to do everything on her own. But there are just circumstances where she really needs her friends’ help which is unavoidable.

 

“I hope you can join us next time.” YoonA told her with a sad face.

 

“Yes, JooHyun, it has been a long time since you join us.” Tiffany butted in.

 

“I will. When I have a free time, I’ll tell you.” She told them smiling but deep inside she’s feeling sorry. She know that they just wants to hang out with her but recently she’s too busy.

 

====================================================================================

 

“I have gathered some information about the person you told me this morning, Sajangnim.” Kang Jae Yong, his assistant told him while he’s having dinner.

 

Then he remembers the incident this morning and how that same girl tours them around the University. She looks so tough but there’s something in her that he can’t figure out why he likes on pissing her. He’s not like this with other girls, maybe it’s because Seohyun is the only one who is not affected by his charm. ‘There’s something wrong with her eyes’ He thought as he was scanning the information, wondering why is that girl wasn’t even affected by him. Could it be that what Chae Rin told him was true? That he hates guys?

 

“Seo Joo Hyun.” He starts to read what’s on the paper.

 

“Ne, Seo Joo Hyun or SeoHyun as what her friends called her, 23 years old, Fourth year taking up Business Management. According to my research, she doesn’t belong to any rich families in South Korea; the reason why she got in JYHU is through a scholarship program. Her mother owned a small bakery and she is also working part time in a coffee shop. During the weekend, she also do some tutoring class to all levels of students. She’s also known as “The Smartest Student in JYHU”. Sometimes if the professor can’t teach, she teaches their class on behalf of them.” Jae Yong explained further.

 

“The Smartest Student. Impressive.” He mumbled.

 

“Very Impressive Sajangnim. I never thought that kind of person still exist.” YongHwa looked at him and nodded.

 

“You’re right but let’s see how smart is this woman.” He closes the folder and stands up to enter his room.

 

‘Prepare yourself Seohyun-ssi. Nobody dares to embarrass me inside our own University. You’re the first.’ He said to himself as he opens his room.

 

Author's Note:

Anneong Guys. Thank you for the warm support that you gave to this story. I was really happy reading all those comments where you said this is like Boys Over Flowers and Maid Sama, to be honest, I never thought of those drama and manga while I was making the plot for this that's why I was shocked but I'm really happy that you love this story. Just like you, I'm also excited for this story, please do comment your reactions about this, I'm reading all of them, I promise.

 

Lastly, I decided to change Chae Rin, from Nicole to JiYeon of T-Ara. Why? Because, I keep on picturing JiYeon as Chae Rin everytime she appeared on the scene. This will be longer than MAPLS just to let you know. You all love long chaptered fic,right? Hahaha! I'll see you on my next update.

 

P.S.

 

MAPLS will be posted if not this Sunday maybe Friday next week. Thank you.

 

~ilovegoguma29~