Chapter 1: The First Encounter

It All Started With A BET (ON-HOLD)

 

“Omma! I’m going!” A young lady in her mid-20s excitedly said as she hurriedly went down the stairs.

 

She passed by their small bakery which is located on the first floor of the house that they are renting. She lives in a two small storey house with her mother. Originally, they have rented the second floor unit, it has two small bedrooms, a small living room and a kitchen. But since it was her last year in college now, her school expenses are getting bigger so her mother asked permission to the landlady if she can rent the garage on the first floor and put a small bakery. The landlady agreed since it will mean additional payment for her, they have been staying in this apartment for two years now.

 

She saw her mother arranging several trays of bread in the shelf.

 

“Omma! I’m going to school now!” She said smiling widely.

 

“Aigoo, you seem so happy today.” Her mother who is in her mid-40s stopped from what she’s doing and looked at her daughter.

 

“Of course! It’s my first day being the Student’s President today. I’m full of energy.” She winked at her mom which earned a giggle from the woman.

 

“Geure! Fighting on your first day!” Her mother told her happily with a fighting hand gesture.

 

“Ne! Oh! I almost forgot!” She opened her bag and puts out a small white envelope. She gave it to her mother and smiled.

 

“What’s this?” Her mother asked confused.

 

“I got my salary last night, use that money to pay for the rent.”

 

“Aigoo, how about you?” her mother asked worriedly.

 

“I already save some of it. Don’t worry. Just use it. Hmm?”

 

Her mother heaved a sigh then smiled.

 

“Gumawo, I’ll pay you once our loan has been approved.”

 

“Don’t think about it, Omma. I’m going!” She waved to her mother and starts to walk to her university.

 

====================================================================================

 

Every day she walks from her house to her University which is ten minutes away. She doesn’t want riding a cab, since it will even cost her more and she can use the budget for cab fare to other more important things. She is currently studying at JYH University, one of the elite Universities in Seoul. But unlike all of the students there, she’s not a rich student; she just made it there through a scholarship program. She is one of the most intelligent students in their department. Everybody knows her not because she’s rich but because she’s really smart.

 

Hardworking, intelligent, kind, pure, innocent, a person who has a strong personality, she never let anyone bully her just because of her life status, a perfectionist, a person who can make the university a better place, a person who never breaks any rules, a person who can make those bad students a better people. This and more are what the JYH University students will tell you if you asked them about their new president.

 

She has a face that you can compare to an angel. She has a long straight hair, a fair skin and brown eyes that she always hides through her red eyeglasses. She’s also one of the tallest students in their class. She’s the real definition of what the men called, “IDEAL GIRL”. A lot of men in their university tried to ask her out but no one from them succeeded. She doesn’t talk to men not unless it is needed. Why? For a simple reason that she hates them. She hates guys. She hates the fact that they exist.

 

She is SEO JOO HYUN, Fourth year Business Management Student, the newly elected Student’s President of JYHU.

 

She arrived at JYHU thirty minutes before their first subject starts. She was pressing the code on the door to enter the Student’s Officer’s office when she heard a loud scream.

 

She smiled at the lady with an eye smile that is running toward her.

 

“Yah! Yah! Yah! Have you heard of the news?!” She blurted out when she was standing in front of JooHyun.

 

“Well, Good Morning to you too Unnie.” She opened the door and sits on the president’s table. She smiled widely since it was her dream to be a president since last year but failed to win the election. It feels so surreal that she is now sitting here, it feels like she had her dream came true.

 

“Enjoying the seat?” The lady asked her smiling. She’s Tiffany, the newly elected Student's Officer Council Secretary and JooHyun’s bestfriend. She nods to answer her.

 

“Thank you Unnie. I don’t think I’ll win the election if you didn’t campaign for me.”

 

“Aigoo, you deserve this. I told you before right? That Chae Rin girl will not make it. She was the president last year but she didn’t do anything aside from shopping. That ! I guess, the students realize it now. But please don’t be so hard on the students most especially on the boys. If you only know how these boys are fantasizing you.” Tiffany winked and smiled.

 

She made a look that seems like disgusted, “Aigoo, please don’t say that, besides, I won’t be strict, since when did I become so strict?”

 

“Last year? You were the vice president last year but you look scarier than the president. Well the president last year doesn’t really care, you know?”

 

Seohyun shook her head, since she got lost in the election last year, Tiffany seemed to be annoyed with Chae Rin, the former president. She got lost to Chae Rin by one point but the faculty decided to give her the vice president slot. Since then, she have been doing the job which was supposed to be a President’s responsibility. One of them is scolding students who always wander during class hours. Because of her strictness, Seohyun earned the respect of the students but there are just people who really hated her but she just ignored them.

 

“By the way, why are you shouting a while ago?” she suddenly remembered. Changing the topic since Fany might end up cursing Chae Rin again. If bad words can kill, Chae Rin had been dead long time ago.

 

“Ah! I heard that the great Jung YongHwa and his friends will study here. CNBLUE will be our schoolmate! Isn’t that great?” Fany said with those pretty eye smiles that can melt every guy’s heart.

 

 Tiffany is one of the richest student in JYHU, in fact she’s in top ten rich students but she’s also good when it comes to gossip at the university which is very rare for someone who is a rich girl. She’s always the first to know gossips and rumors going around the campus. She knows everything.

 

 “CNBLUE? Why are they going to study here? Aren’t they studying in Harvard University?” She asked while opening the laptop. Tiffany then sits on the chair in front of her desk.

 

CNBLUE is a group of four handsome men as what the girls describe them. The leader, Jung YongHwa is the only son of the owner of JYHU, the university was named after him. The four men had been friends since they were in grade school, all of them belongs to the richest family in Seoul. That’s what Joohyun knew by of course, Tiffany. JooHyun have never seen any of them though Fany said it was all over the internet, well first she doesn’t have any account in the internet. For her, internet is just for study purpose only. And second, she’s not interested to know these people.

 

“Well, according to what I heard, they will be handling their family businesses so they need to study in Korea. So they might study in our building since this is the home of the future businessmen. OMO! I’m so excited!” Tiffany said while clasping her hands. Tiffany is a year older than her but they are classmates so she calls her Unnie. Sometimes her friend’s randomness is really funny. Unlike JooHyun, Fany had dated a lot of guys but broke up when things got too serious. She hates possessive and clingy men.

 

“So I guess, you have another prospect?” JooHyun while starting to encode a document on the laptop.

 

“Well, you can say that.” She heard the girl giggles.

 

“The leader? Jung YongHwa?” she asked, she stops typing for a moment.

 

“Yah! Neo micchesseo! That’s impossible, he’s a well-known playboy.” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

“Exactly, you’re a play girl, you’ll be a perfect match.” JooHyun started to type again.

 

“YAH! You want to die?! I may be a play girl but I don’t date many men at one time. And besides, that guy always dumps his woman after he had with her.” Tiffany said while crossing her arms.

 

“JEONGMAL?!” Seohyun was shocked with what she heard. She saw Fany nods and she gasps.

 

‘Men are really jerk. They don’t know the word RESPECT.’ She thought while shaking her head.

 

“Ne. He’s a jerk and you know that I don’t have with my lover. I never do that.” Seohyun nods in agreement.

 

“Good morning Hwe—Yah! Fany-ah,What are you doing here?!” A lady with a long wavy hair entered the room. It’s Hyoyeon, one of JooHyun’s bestfriend too. They were all best of friends since JooHyun’s first year. They helped JooHyun from a student who bullied her and that starts their beautiful friendship. Hyoyeon is a girl who loves shopping.

 

“Good morning to you too Hyo.” Fany greeted her.

 

“Good morning Unnie.” Seohyun greeted her enthusiastically.

 

“Yah! Are you telling our president some gossips at this early?” Hyoyeon asked Fany.

 

“Excuse me? It’s not ‘gossips’ but it’s a BIG NEWS. You will surely love it Kim Hyoyeon.”

 

Hyoyeon frowned. “Eh? What is it? Make sure it’s something big or else—“

 

“CNBLUE is about to study here and they might be here in the campus now. So I’m off! I need to find them.” Fany said patting Hyoyeon who looks so shocked.

 

“J-JEONGMAL?!”

 

Seohyun laughed as she saw Fany leaving the office and Hyoyeon still with her shock expression.

 

“YAH! LET’S GO TOGETHER!” Hyoyeon finally shouted when she came back to her senses.

 

 

====================================================================================

 

 

“Yah! Wake up.” A young man taps the girl whom he had shared the night with. She was his new girl for the week.

 

“What time is it?” The girl asked sleepily with only blanket covering her body.

 

“It’s almost 9 am now sweetie and I still have to go to school. So put on your dress and leave.” He said sweetly then he puts on his shoes.

 

“But Oppa, it’s too early—“

 

“Aish! Just go! And stop bothering me.” He’s getting really annoyed. His mother will nag him if she found out that he’s late today.

 

The girl irritatedly stands up and put on her dress when suddenly the door opens.

 

“Sajangnim, it’s about time.” An old man in his mid 40s came in and bowed.

 

“Ahrasseo.” He said and stands up but looks at the girl who is still wearing her sandal.

 

“Yah, I don’t wanna see you starting from today. I had gave you what you want. It’s over.” He said coldly which made the girl cried.

 

“B-But y-you…H-How can—“

 

“Ahjussi, fix this mess, I don’t wanna see her face anymore.” YongHwa told the old man before leaving the room.

 

“Right away, Sajangnim.” The old man shook his head as his master left another woman crying.

 

The young man then drives his ‘new baby’ which he just bought yesterday using his own money, a red Ferrari.

 

He just came back from America after finishing his studies in Harvard University but since he’ll be taking over his father’s position in the company, he needs to study in a Korean University. His family owned a university, JYH University, it was named after him so he decided to just study there instead of other school after all, his friends will also be studying there.

 

He’s the only heir of the Jung Family, one of the richest families in South Korea. He got a fair and nice complexion, a perfect body that makes all the girls drools, he got a short black hair, a pair of brown eyes and a perfect kissable lips. In short he’s a dream guy for every woman. But as the saying goes “Nobody is perfect”, He is not an exception for he also has flaws. He doesn’t believe in the existence of LOVE. He had been dating different women all at the same time, enjoying it while he can because he know that as soon as he finished studying, he’ll be marrying someone he never knew. It’s how the business world runs and he can’t do anything but to accept it. He doesn’t want to disappoint his parents.

 

He is Jung YongHwa, the only heir of the Jung family. A man who is set to marry someone he never met right after college. It was an agreement made by their parents when they were still young, his future had been planned, long time ago.

 

====================================================================================

 

 

Seohyun is walking on the hallway when she saw few students chatting outside the classroom.

 

“Why are you outside the room?” She asked one of the student.

 

“We don’t have a professor---“

 

“Please stay in your room, you might disturb other classes.” She said with a serious face.The students  went inside the room.

 

She was about to continue walking when she saw Tiffany and Hyoyeon.

 

“What are you doing here?” She asked them when they came closer.

 

“We don’t have a class. Prof. Park said he had to attend a seminar today. So we’re free. Let’s go to the garden.” Tiffany said so they started walking to the garden. The campus garden is a place where the three of them usually hangs out when they have no classes.

 

They were all laughing to what Tiffany is saying when suddenly Seohyun bumped into a wall and falls on the ground.

 

Unfortunately it wasn’t a wall but it’s man’s body.

 

"Oooppsss.." It was man's voice.

 

Hyoyeon and Tiffany on the other hand were so shocked as to who were in front of them.

 

Seohyun stood up fixing her skirt and got annoyed when she saw that the man who bumped her just looked at her then continued walking as if he didn’t hurt her. He even didn’t say sorry which made her furious.

 

“EXCUSE ME?!” She yelled, hands on her waist. Hyoyeon and Tiffany panicked when they saw their friend approaching the four men.

 

“Any problem Miss?” The guy who bumped her asked her wearing a smile.

 

“Yes. You bumped me and you act as if nothing happened. You should apologize!” She was screaming to the guy.

 

“Y-Yah! N-Neo Micchesseo?! Keumanhe.” Tiffany whispered to her while trying to smile.

 

“Really? I think you’re not hurt at all.” The guy said cooly while the other three men just laughed.

 

 

Seohyun bit her lower lip to control her anger.

 

“I said, you should apologize.” She said sternly.

 

“It seems like you don’t know me, Miss?” Seohyun frowned and looks at the guy’s ID.

 

“Y-Yah. T-That’s Jung YongHwa. You should stop now.” Hyoyeon whispered trying to grab her arm but she shove it away.

 

“Jung YongHwa” She reads the name on his ID. YongHwa proudly nods in agreement thinking that maybe the girl is a transferee and doesn’t know that he owns this university.

 

Seohyun smirked. “Of course, I know you. Who wouldn’t?”

 

“So I guess—“ She cut him off.

 

“A guy who came from one of the richest family in South Korea, the son of the owner of this university.A guy who dated several women at the same time and leave them after having with them. A guy who is so full of himself, in short, a JERK. Of course, I know you.”

 

“M-MWO?! Y-Yah! Who gave you the authority to disrespect me?!” YongHwa is furious. How can this girl insult him. Nobody insults him.

 

“Nobody. You might be the son of the owner of JYHU, this university might be named after you, but I believe you didn’t go here to brag your riches. You go here to study as a student not as the son of the owner and in this university, I am the PRESIDENT and you’re just an ordinary student. Because everyone here is treated EQUALLY, and you are not an exception. Jung YongHwa ssi. I will let this pass by now but do it again, I won’t stand still.” She walked passed him.

 

“Ah! I forgot to welcome you to our University. Welcome to JYH University, I’m afraid we’ll be crossing path more often. Have a nice day  SAJANGNIM..” She said the last word with emphasis before she leaves the four men who was shocked because of what just happened.

 

‘Looks like YongHwa got his match,finally.’ JongHyun thought while suppressing her laughter.

 

“MWOYA?! Why did they elect that kind of Student’s President?!” YongHwa said annoyingly.

 

“She has a point though.” JungShin said matter of factly but looked away when YongHwa throw him a deadly glare.

 

Author's Note:

 

Yay! I'm really excited with this story. So how was the first chapter? COMMENTS JUSEYO! Hahahahahaha! Thank you so much for supporting this story.

 

~ilovegoguma29~