Chapter 7: Missed it

It All Started With A BET (ON-HOLD)

 

 

“Tell me what should I do for you to like me?”

 

She turned around only to see his back facing her. He slowly turned to her smiling.

 

“Nothing,” She said sternly. “You don’t have to do anything because everything you do annoys me. Just  your mere presence,pisses me off. So you don’t really have to do anything because I will never like you, not even in my dreams.” She said coldly before walking away.

 

YongHwa heaved a sigh as he watched her walking away. ‘You are really something Joohyun-ssi.’

 

He grinned widely when his phone vibrated.

 

Seohyun decided to meet her new student in a different place so she sent her a message.

 

Can we meet at the coffee shop in front of JYHU instead?

 

“No need Saem. I can already see you.”

 

She looked around upon reading her reply. Then she typed again.

 

‘Where are you? What are you wearing?’

 

‘I’m at your back. Turn around.’

 

She turned around only to see him waving his phone at her. She bit her lower lip to suppress her anger. He walked closer to her. She just smirked then looked straight at his eyes.

 

“You are really not going to stop, aren’t you? So I wasted my time waiting for someone who just fooled me, AGAIN. Well, once and for all, let me get this straight, Jung YongHwa ssi. No matter what strategy you’re going to use, my answer will be NO. I will never be your private teacher. So stop wasting your time!” She turned around without even letting him say anything. She was just so pissed right now that she was glaring to everyone who is looking at her.

 

====================================================================================

 

It was Friday and Seohyun as usual came early in HQ. She finds JiHyo rushing out the room.

 

“Oh?! Hwejang! Anneong! The try out will be later. See you at the gym!” She said cheerfully.

 

She was about to say something when Tiffany butted in.

 

“Oh! That’s right! The try out will be later! I’ll watch it!” JiHyo turned to her excitedly.

 

“Jinjja?!”

 

“Ne. CNBLUE will play! I must watch it.” Tiffany said clasping her hands.

 

'They joined the try out?!' She thought to herself.

 

“Okay, then! I’ll see you later. Hwejang---“

 

“Mian,JiHyo ssi. I don’t think I can watch it. I need to go somewhere else.” She lied.

 

She doesn’t want to see him, not after what happened to them in the University garden. She didn’t tell her friends about what happened, she just told him that the student did not meet her. Good thing they did not asked for further details.

 

“Eh? But—“

 

“Just send me the list of the final players.”

 

JiHyo then left after giving her more instructions about the activity today.

 

“You lied to her, right?” Tiffany asked her after JiHyo left.

 

“Aniyo. I really need to go somewhere.” Seohyun tried to act normally.

 

“Come on Joohyun. You can fool other people but not me.” Tiffany said crossing her arms.

 

Seohyun sighed then look at her again.

 

“I-I just want to stop the rumors going around, Unnie. If people will see me there, they might create another rumor.” She looked away then walked to her table. When she was sitting on her chair, Tiffany came to her table and sat at the top of her table.

 

“Then don’t go there as a JYHU student. Go there as a JYHU Student’s President. Your presence is needed there, right? It’s your responsibility. The President has always something to say as to who will be our varsity players. Come on, you know that, The Manager of the team and the Student President worked together for JYHU’s Basketball team. Have you forgotten about it?” Tiffany said wishing her friend will go with them. She really needs to watch the try out later. This has been the moment CNBLUE are waiting for. Their return to the basketball court.

 

“First, get off my table, that is not a chair, Unnie.” She said seriously.

 

“Aish! This girl,jinjja! Fine!” Tiffany said pouting then sitting on the chair in front of her table.

 

“Second—“ she stops talking when Tiffany butted in again.

 

“Before you continue, I forgot to tell you, YoonA will be there,too. So of course, Hyoyeon will be there as well.”

 

“YoonA Unnie? Waeyo?”

 

“Well, to support her dearest boyfriend of course.” Tiffany said matter of factly. Seohyun’s eyes widened.

 

“Mworagoyo?! S-Seolma…D-Did I miss something?” She can’t believe with what she heard.

 

“Oh yes. You missed a BIG thing. It happened last Sunday, I forgot to tell you since you are so busy with school stuffs and your part time jobs.” Tiffany explained.

 

“W-What did the other say?”

 

“They seemed to be fine. I think, we just over reacted. Let’s give JongHyun a chance. She explained everything to us. I know she’ll tell it to you too.”

 

She shook her head. “After what that guy did to her?! She just give in that easy? She forgive him? What on earth is she thinking?!”

 

“JooHyun-ah, when you love someone, you’re willing to accept everything about him, even his imperfection. You’re willing to be called stupid, you’re willing to accept everything about his past simply because you love that person. Love is like that, maknae-ah." Tiffany said standing up then she wears her megawatt eyesmile.

 

“But of course, you don’t know that yet. You’ve never been in love.” She said winking at now pissed Seohyun.

 

“WHAT?! I know what love is! I love you, my unnie-deul, my Omma—“

 

“The love that you’re talking about is different from a love that you’ll get from a guy. They are different. You’ll know what I mean when you found your true love.” She said winking.

 

“Ah! Jinjja! As if you have been in love!” She muttered irritated.

 

"I haven't found my true love but I loved my past boyfriends. It's just that they are too clingy that it ."

 

"Whatever." she muttered ignoring her friend's giggles.

 

====================================================================================

 

 

“Maknae-ah! Palli. Hmm? Just watched with us. Please?” YoonA, Hyoyeon and Tiffany are doing their best to convinced her to go with them to the gym.

 

“Unnie, you still owe me an explanation.—“

 

“Ahrasseo, I’ll tell you the full details if you go with us. Hmm?” YoonA cut her from what she is saying.

 

Seohyun looked at them. “Why would you really want to watch it? It’s just a try out.”

 

“BECAUSE CNBLUE WILL BE PLAYING!” They said together that made Seohyun jumped from her seat.

 

“Ahrasseo! I’ll go with you. You don’t have to shout at me.” She said standing up, picking her things.

 

Then she heard the three squealed in excitement. She just shook her head while laughing. The thing she really do for her crazy friends.

 

====================================================================================

 

When they reached the gymnasium, Seohyun was amazed with what she saw.

 

“Woah! What’s going on?” The gymnasium is filled with people, as if there is a real game happening.

 

“CNBLUE will be back playing basketball after two years. That’s why people are excited for their comeback. Those four guys are really good in basketball. They never lose a game, they are always the winner. That’s how great they are.” Tiffany explained as they are looking for vacant seats.

 

They finally found vacant seats just a few rows away from JiHyo and the coach’s table.

 

Seohyun saw JiHyo who seems to be busy talking with the coach.

 

“Unnie, I’ll just talk to JiHyo, wait for me here.” Her unnie deul just nodded as they waited for the game to start.

 

“JiHyo-ssi.” She called when she reached their table.

 

“Oh?! I thought you can’t come?”

 

“I won’t take long, how’s everything?”

 

“Everything is fine. The game is about to start. Are you going to sit here?” She shakes her head as an answer.

 

Then she saw the players coming out, the crowd goes wild as they are shouting “CNBLUE” loudly.

 

‘What is this? Is this a CNBLUE show or what?’ She thoought as she covers her ears since she can’t hear JiHyo anymore.

 

“WHAT DID YOU SAY??” She said close to her ears so she can hear her.

 

“I SAID,I’LL JUST GIVE YOU THE LIST ON MONDAY.” JiHyo replied to her ears too.

 

She nodded and gave her an okay sign before she turned around to go back to her seat.

 

‘Ah! Kamchagiya!” She was startled to see YongHwa at her back wearing his Jersey uniform

 

“Did you go here to watch our game?” He asked loud enough for her to hear.

 

“In your dreams. Move. You’re blocking my way.” She said sternly.

 

“I’ll do well in this try out for you.” He winked at her then the crowd squealed.

 

“YAH! NEO MICCHEOSSEO!” She glared at him but he just runs back to the court.

 

====================================================================================

 

‘Are they really dating?!’

 

‘Oppa is just flirting with her.’

 

Seohyun heard these as she walks back to her seat. She just ignored them.

 

When she sat down, she heard a whistle blow and the crowd cheered loudly, a sign that the game just began.

 

After twenty minutes….

 

“Unnie, I’ll go now, I still need to—“

 

“Maknae-ah, I know you’re already bored but at least let’s finish the game. CNBLUE team is leading. I need to see their victory.” Tiffany said still looking at the court.

 

True to what Tiffany said, while her Unnies are enjoying the game, she was feeling sleepy. Sports was never in her vocabulary. She tried to look at the court and saw him playing well. He seems to be really good at playing basketball, he never failed to shoot the ball and he was also a fast runner. She saw him talking to JongHyun who waved at them, well to YoonA actually. YongHwa caught her eyes so she looked away and turned to YoonA who seems to be very happy.

 

She saw in her peripheral vision that he talked to the coach for a while. Then the whistle blow again.

 

“OH MY GOD! HE’S COMING HERE!!!” She heard the girl at her back screamed so she looked in front. She saw him running his way to their direction.

 

She sips her juice pretending she did not see him.

 

She stops sipping her drink when he stops in front of them.

 

“Y-Yah! W-What are you doing here?” She whispered.

 

YongHwa took her bottle and sip the remaining juice.

 

“If I made it to the team, will you go out with me?” He asked her smiling.

 

“No.” She answered crossing her arms.

 

YongHwa shrugged his shoulder. “So what should I do for you to go out with me.”

 

Seohyun stands and lean closer to the barricade. The only thing that separates them.

 

“Do you really want to go out with me?” She asked.

 

“Yes.”

 

Seohyun looked at the court then to the scoreboard. His team is leading by only one point.

 

“Then missed it.”

 

Author's note:

 

Anneong guys! So I made a short update, this was supposed to be included in Chapter 6 but I decided to cut it so I can write it well. This scene is actually my favorite. If you guys read the novel THE OPPORTUNIST, this will be familiar to you. Yes, it was taken from one of the scene there, it was my favorite scene so I made my own version of that basketball scene. 

 

I'll be on vacation this weekend so I post this now. Next Update? I don't know when. Thank you for reading it. I so love your fan accounts in BMJKT and I love reading comments especially the longer one. It inspires me to do well. Thank you.

 

~ilovegoguma29~