♦ Chapter Five ♦

DIVINE/신성한: BoA's Entertainment First Girl Group:
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                    

|

|

Chapter FIVE

CheonYu runs her hands against her legs and crosses her legs; DIVINE just finished performing their debut track CRY CRY, and a cover of Maroon 5's, LUCKY STRIKE. Now it's time for questions; she was feeling her nerves getting the best of her. She just has to remember her training and breath- she needs to bre- "This question is directed at DIVINE's leader. You are the first Korean Girl Group leader of different ethnicities; how are you going to be able to guide DIVINE in the Korean industry?" a reported asked. She wanted to scoff at them for bringing up her ethnicity as if she was less than for being Chinese. She didn't scoff, and she learned to keep her face emotionless. Chunsa squeezes her left leg and gives her a small smile. She notices her other members looking at her worriedly. CheonYu smiles, "- I planned to do what great leaders do, lead them, nurture them, and form a bond with my team members. DIVINE is a girl group from around the world; my ethnicity doesn't seem like an issue that will jeopardize my leadership among DIVINE." She watches Chunsa release a sigh of relief. Rose puts her head down to chuckle because her leader just owned that reporter who wanted to degrade her for being Chinese. "Of course, I have no doubt that the CheonYu would lead these young ladies well; she's been a trainee and lived in South Korea for so long. SHINee's Onew inserts, nudging her shoulder and smiling at her proudly. "I hope that if anyone other had any questions, they would be allowed me to complete the questions from cards before." Onew laughs into the mic. However, the members of DIVINE knew he was being serious and were upset at the reporter.

"This seems like an interesting question for DIVINE." Onew holds the card close to him and then looked at them. "DIVINE has several members that are related to other idols in the industry; what are your plans to create a separate identity from them." Skyler was the one that picked up her mic, even though she dreaded this question. In public, Skyler is the adopted cousin of Wu Kris, not his younger sister, because of the one-child policy in China that was in place during her birth. They have to hide the fact, or her mother and herself will suffer a consequence. So the story is that she lost her mother at a young age, and Kris's mother- who is also her birth mother adopted her.  "We haven't had any plans about separating identity because it's hard to do. As of right now, our focus is on DIVINE and becoming a girl group like no other." Baekhee rubs Sky's back. "I would add that we don't see them as competition, and everyone and their family has been supportive of our journey to become DIVINE," Baekhee stated.

"Speaking of your journey, is there an idol that made you want to become an idol?" 

Chunsa was the first to answer, "I would say our CEO made me want to become an idol." Onew laughs, "Angel is trying to get brownie points" Chunsa covers to hold back laughter, "of course, it's all about calculation." She winks. "What about you, Rose?" Onew directed the spotlight on the younger but much edgier girl, "I would say, my brother, but music has always been significant to me and guide me through my darkest hour."

"Aweeeee," DIVINE teased Rose. She tells everyone to "shhh."

"I would ask Seunha-ah, but I already know the answer; it's SHINee," Onew stated, and more laughs erupted on stage. "Of course, SHINee oppa's are the reason." Seunha plays along, "My inspiration is my brother, but Girls Generation and Kara are also my inspiration. I grew up in a male-dominated environment, so when I saw those two girl groups get the stage and share the same dream, I wanted to experience that as well." She smiles. The other members understand the meaning behind her statement; with her father's abuse, the death of her mother, and brothers living their own lives, Seunha never got to experience what it was like to have a family. She continues, "with DIVINE, I can say that my dreams are coming true." 

The mood becomes sober. "I'm going to tell Taemin, and he's going to be jealous." Onew jokes with her to lighten the air again. The questions continue, Onew asked Abigail what type of music she would like to see DIVINE doing, and she stated anything but overly cutesy concepts, "I would literally CRY CRY." Onew adds, "I can see why, for the most part, DIVINE has mature-looking members; it would be weird for us to see you in over cute concept." 

"Ai, you're so young. I remember when you and your brother first joined, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter