♦ Chapter One ♦

DIVINE/신성한: BoA's Entertainment First Girl Group:
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                                                                                                       

|

|

Chapter One

August 9, 2013

Chunsa pulls her long black locs into a tight bun. Sweat falls from the side of her face; she drags her and down her face. "We have to do it again," Chunsa sighs heavily. Baekhee her lips; they have been at it for 8 hours straight, and she is getting tired, but talking back towards Chunsa is not an option. "Chunsa-ah, Baekhee has to leave soon, to finish filming for her movie," Cheonyu states out loud, pulling the younger girl up. "I know, but after this, I promise we can take a break." Chunsa pauses, thinking about the hard work they had to put in to make it this far. After almost two years of training under the name B-Girls, they finally have their name: DIVINE.

 

Flashback:

"Come in, sit down." the seven members training to become BoA's first girl group stood by the door, confused about the meeting. Walking in the room, various thoughts went through their heads. Conference room one means only one thing - the trainee group will disband, or the trainee is going to official debut. Though b-girls made the line for BoA's first girl group, it does not mean they will debut under her creative direction and company. Minjee has been through this many times, first with Y.G. Entertainment with Pink Punk. Then she auditioned for S.M. Entertainment and got in, though she was not your typical S.M. trainee. Then she and a few other trainees- some in this room formed a girl group to be the sister group to Girls' Generation, called G.I.R.L. The group consisted of trainees Seulgi, Joohyun, CheonYu, Minjee, So Min, So Jung, Eun Mi, Vanessa, So Jin, and Dahye. However, S.M. disbanded the group. Lee Soo Man did not think that the group had chemistry. Even though they already filmed their debut music video and debut single "Huff N Puff." Minjee was hurt and wanted to leave, but she doesn't have anywhere to go. Sighing, she hopes for good news. BoA smiles brightly at the seven girls that took their seats. "We decided to debut the seven of you as BoA Entertainment's first girl group, officially." Chunsa bites her lips, trying to keep calm because she has been through this process before, and the groups disband. "We do have a name for you girls" BoA continues to talk, walking towards the middle of the room, where the whiteboard is. "Seunha, Chunsa, Minjee, Baekhee, Yiting, Abigail, and CheonYu- the seven of you will become the deity of Korean Pop music. We are going to call you DIVINE." Chunsa wanted to cry. She is finally going to debut after all these years of training. "Chunsa"

 

"CHUNSA," Seunha yells on top of her lungs.  Chunsa looks up from her, daze. "Are you going to press play?" Minjee rolls her eyes playfully. Chunsa sticks her middle finger in the air before hitting play and running towards the other girls. "1..2.3... Let's GO !" DIVINE practice, even after BaekHee left for her filming. DIVINE finished practice at 3:00 am. 

 

Abigail picked up her bag and walked out the door. She wanted to say hi to her boyfriend, but Kris is probably busy with his own practice, and DIVINE is being filmed for their own reality tv show on MNET. She didn't want to get caught hanging out with any of the EXO members and cause a scandal before their debut.  She decided to go to CUBE entertainment to see if her brother was still at practice. "I'm going to take the station, I can take my own camera, and we can meet at CUBE.," she tells the MTV camera crew.  

 

Abigail walks 16 minutes to the station.  During her walk, she thought about her mother, father, and her grandmother. Her family was and still is supportive of her dream of becoming an idol. Her grandmother is her biggest fan, but not too long ago, her mother called her about her grandmother having lung cancer.  It's been the toughest three months of her life. She wishes she can go to see her grandmother in Canada, but she can't. Her team needs her most right now, and if she dropout- that will break her grandmothers heart. She would go to her boyfriend, but he has been busy with EXO's newfound success that she didn't want to burden him with her problems. She takes the camera, "I wish for nothing more but to be successful. I know my success will make my grandmother the happiest. She smiles sadly at the camera before cutting the camera off. 

 

 

CheonYu stays behind with Chunsa. CheonYu was given the leader position, and yes, she was the oldest, but BoA said that she was the perfect leader. She is one of BoA Entertainment (SM Entertainment) longest trainees. Yet, she feels insufficient when she looks at her younger groupmates. Chunsa is the group's main dancer and lead vocal, but the girl is a great rapper and actress. How can she compete with that? Baekhee, their youngest, is the center because she is their main vocal and lead dancer- and only trained for 2 years. The girl possesses star quality and looks like she doesn't even try most times; it is as if she was born to be a star. Again, what does CheonYu has to show for over 7 years of trainee- rapper, and leader, mainly because she is the oldest. "CheonYu unnie, I can feel your insecurities.  We said this so many times; already, you are a great addition to the group. We can't be DIVINE without you." Chunsa looks back at CheonYu. CheonYu looks towards the ground, "Now look at me- you are going to do amazing. Now let's practice some more." Chunsa holds onto CheonYu's hand. 

 

August 10, 2013

SM Entertainment

8:00 Am

 

"What do you mean?" Rose frowns. "I mean, DIVINE will not be able to debut if they can't beat YG and JYP trainees." Seunha holds onto Rose. DIVINE already filmed their music video for their debut, shot the photo jacket for their debut album, and recorded over 100 songs. They have schedules until the end of October. How can DIVINE's debut be canceled with a snap of a finger when they made it this close. "We will give DIVINE five days to come up with a dance cover, a vocal cover, a rap cover, and a Performative. We will battle JYP's trainees first. I wish you, girls, good luck." She waves at them before leaving the practice room. All seven members sit in silence- if they lose to JYP and YG trainees, they can disband before debut. Some members are already in their twenties, and the longer it takes the, least likely they will be able to debut. "I know this is sudden, but I think you girls are talented enough to beat them. DIVINE was picked from over 100 trainees. We made it this far together; we can do this." DIVINE's chief manager Lee Ho Won encourage them. BaekHee raises her hands, "I know how we can beat them. We can do SNSD's- Into the New World." The others groan out loud, "Every girl group does into the new world, Byun," Abigail states. "I know, but we can do the remix- but unlike them, we will sing it live. I know we have the vocal capability- and instead of the normal breakdance- we can switch it up and do a backflip at some point. I already made the dance up if you want to see?" She bites her lip. BaekHee is no way shy, but she is the youngest. She doesn't want to overstep her boundaries. Chunsa looks to the side, "Okay, go ahead." 

 

Baekhee gets up and pulls her real hair into a ponytail. She looks at Chunsa to press play and start s to dance. When the dance break happens, she does a complete dance. Abigail nods in approval. During Hyoyeon's solo dance part that would turn into a trio dance break, Baekhee did three backflips and kept dancing until the end. By the end, she was breathing heavily. "-and that is how I picture us covering the song." She looks at her members through the mirror. "Umm, the only people that can do a proper backflip are you, Chunsa, and Abigail. If we do the song- we will need both you and Chunsa for vocals." Yiting points out. 

 

"Yes, but I can do both. Chunsa and I will start the dance break together, do the three backflips- and kind of tag Abigail and MinJee in. That we can be back in time for the bridge." Chunsa nods, "So let me see- Abigail and MinJee, come here- let's practice that part. The other three stand in the back in a triangle." DIVINE gets up and follows Chunsa's orders. They went over the dance break part three times before agreeing with the song choice. "When- the two of us do the black flips- I need you two to stand towards our sides that we won't hurt you, and we can tag you in, literally." 

 

It is now 1:00 pm, and the girls went through line distribution and the dance various times. Minjee is sweating profusely on the floor, "We need food." Minjee whines. "We need to practice with our vocals- to see if we can do this. Because SNSD has never sung the remix live." CheonYu mumbles against Abigail's stomach. Chunsa looks around to see her members lying around the practice room, "Okay- MinJee and Yiting can get us food- remember we are to diet, and no dairy. Dairy can ruin our vocals. Get everyone tea. ." Yiting pulls Minjee up from the ground. 

 

MinJee mumbles that they need to start calling her "Rose" before taking CheonYu's card. "While they are gone, we should go through some songs to do as a vocal cover and then a rap cover." Abigail looks at CheonYu. "Let's do that- and run through Minjee- I mean Rose and Yiting." 

 

 

Yiting and Minjee come back with Ramen for each girl and a convenience store version of bibimbap. It was cheap food, but the girls can't afford to get penalized for their diet. "Byun- don't you have to film today?" BaekHee looks up to see everyone looking at her, "Umm, not today. Tomorrow definitely, though." She goes to stuff the bibimbap in . "We decided on some vocal covers- we all kind like Mariah Carey always be my baby." Seunha had rice flying out . Minjee wipes , "thank you for telling me, but chew your food." The girls practice until 3:00 am. They left feeling pretty confident in their choices. "BaekHee, no yelling, please reserve your voice." BaekHee laughs and runs towards her father's car. CheonYu shakes her head and grabs Chunsa's arm. "When do you think we will get our own dorm?" Chunsa shrugs, "at this point, when don't know when we are going to debut." CheonYu laughs in the cold summer night. 

 

"We are going to win, and we are going to debut." 

 

 

August 11, 2013

SM Entertainment

5:00AM

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter