Failed Plan

Change

Amber groaned for the umpteenth time. "Do I really have to wear this?" She asked again. She was currently sitting in f(x)'s van on the way to the SM Building in one of Krystal's outfits. The two were actually the same size, but Amber's figure was usually hidden by large, loose shirts. 

"Do you want Sehun to notice you?" Victoria asked. 

"I'm not so sure anymore!" Amber groaned. 

"Don't be silly, you look great!" Luna said. Amber was wearing a loose white t-shirt with jean shorts and tights underneath with a chunky cardigan. She paired her favorite combat boots with it. 

Though it wasn't super girly, it was girly enough for Amber to feel awkward. "It really shows your figure!" 

"That's what I'm afraid of, Luna!" Amber complained, 

"Why, unnie?" Sulli asked. 

"I-- Look, we're here." Amber said, changing the subject. "Oh my god, we're here! I cannot go out like this. I look so weird!" 

"You look great." Krystal reassured. "We'll sneak you through the back, come on." 

Amber sighed, "Let's just get this meeting over and done with so I can just go home and change back into my basketball shorts." She walked behind Krystal with Sulli standing behind her so that no one could see her. They advanced to the 3rd floor and met with their manager and a man in a suit. Their manager's eyes widened upon seeing Amber. 

"Amber?" 

"Hey oppa..." she said nervously. 

"We'll talk later." He cleared his throat. "Girls, this is Producer Kim Jangsoo." 

"Anneyeonghaeseyo, f(x) ibnida." they greeted, bowing respectfully. 

"Hello girls. Please, sit." the man said. 


"Amber, stay back a minute please." 

Amber turned to Krystal and Luna. "Wait for me outside?" the girls nodded. She turned back to her manager. "Oppa, I can explain." 

"Amber, what is this about?" 

"Oppa, it's nothing. I just wanted to try something new." she explained. 

He eyed her suspiciously. "Amber, do you want this image from now on?" 

Amber's eyes widened. "Oppa, I--" 

"If you do, I can talk about it with Lee Sooman seonsaengnim and your coordinators." he elaborated. 

"Oppa, I don't want it to this extent, but if you can get them to stop giving me stuff that Hyukjae oppa or Luhan oppa wore before, that'd be great." She smiled nervously. 

He gave her a warm smile. "Of course, Amber. You're practically my sister. I know it must be annoying to wear such loose, boyish clothes." 

"Thanks oppa." she said gratefully. 

"Not a big deal, now, get going." he said, pointing at the door. She laughed and bowed to him before leaving the room. 

Luna grabbed her arm, "How'd it go?" 

Amber smiled. "I don't have to wear the stuff that the other guys wore before." 

Krystal laughed. "Come on, Vic unnie and Ssul are at the cafeteria." 

Amber groaned, "Why? I just want to get out of here before someone sees me." 

Luna giggled. "We're hungry. Come on unnie." Amber hid behind Krystal again with  Luna blocking her from the back. The girls took the elevator down to the 2nd floor and smiled when they reached the cafeteria. Amber didn't realize how hungry she was until now. 

"Krystal! Luna!" a masculine voice called out. Krystal turned to her left and smiled. Amber's eyes widened as she crouched down behind both Luna and Krystal. 

"Heechul oppa! You're back!" the two chorused, hugging their beloved one of a kind big space star, Kim Heechul. 

He ruffled their hair. "Of course. Where's my little Amber?" he asked, looking around before spotting someone behind Luna. "Amber? Is that you?" 

Amber coughed and tried to make her voice higher. "Aniyo, I'm a new trainee." 

Heechul raised an eyebrow and reached out to ruffle her hair. "Amber, I know it's you." 

Amber let out a sigh and eyed Heechul nervously. "H-Hi oppa." 

"Why are you dressed like Krystal?" he asked bluntly. 

"I just wanted to try something new." she explained, but he eyed her suspiciously before nodding. 

"I'll accept that for now. You know, you look pretty good. Let's go get some food." he said, turning on his heel. Krystal turned back to Amber and gave her a reassuring smile. 

"See, I told you looked great!" 

"Let's eat!" Luna whined. 

Amber smiled and followed behind Luna with Krystal behind her. Her smile immediately fell when she heard a hoard of male voices from behind her. 
"Krystal!" a masculine voice called out. 

Krystal motioned for Amber to duck behind her and Luna before turning around. "Hey Kris!" she called out in English, emphasizing to Amber it was Kris. Amber cursed her luck. She would rather run into the devil than Kris the way she is dressed now. 

"Krystal!" another voice called. 

"Oh, hey Sehun." Krystal hissed to Amber. Correction, she would rather run into Kris and the devil dressed like this than Sehun any day. Amber ducked and began to crawl towards Victoria and Sulli who were watching with shock. 

"Krystal, have you seen Amber?" Kris asked. "I know you guys have a meeting today, so she should be he--" Kris's question was interrupted by a loud shriek by one of the trainees who Amber bumped into. Amber's clumsiness caused the trainee to spill her salad on herself, which caused the shriek. 

"Yah! Who do you think you are?!" the girl yelled furiously. 

"I-I'm so sorry." Amber apologized, bowing at 90 degrees. 

"You think that just because you've debuted, you can just go around flaunting your success and ruining your hoobae's chances? I have to perform in front of Lee Sooman seonsaengnim today!" the girl yelled. 

Amber couldn't lift her head due to both embarrassment from her outfit and shame for spilling stuff on her hoobae. "I'm really sorry. You can borrow my--"

"Your clothes?" the girl cackled. "Your clothes make me want to puke, but it seems like someone already did." 

Amber was stunned. "I didn't mean to ruin your clothes. I'm really so--" 

"Amber noona," a voice interrupted. Amber looked up and saw a rather furious Sehun. "You shouldn't have to apologize to people like this."

The trainee's eyes widened. "S-Sehun..." 

"It was an accident. I don't appreciate you insulting my noona when she was trying to make up for her mistake." 

"But my outfit--" 

"I'm sure you can buy a new one--doesn't your father own a mall in Busan?" Heechul sneered from behind Amber. "I think you owe Amber an apology." 

The girl nodded. "Yes, Heechul sunbaenim." She turned and bowed to Amber. "I'm very sorry, Amber sunbaenim. I was just angry." 

Amber smiled warmly at the girl. "It's okay. Just call me Amber. I'm really sorry for ruining your outfit." The girl seemed shocked at Amber's kindness, but shook if off and headed to the restroom after dismissing herself. "Thanks, Heechul oppa. Thank you, Sehun." Sehun walked away, ignoring her. 

"Amber, I think we need to talk." Kris said, giving her a raised eyebrow. 

She looked nervously at him. "How about after I eat? I'm starving." 

"Basketball. Tonight. Usual place and time." he stated before turning to grab his lunch. 

She turned to EXO. "You know, noona, you look hot!" Kai stated. 

Amber blushed lightly. "Kim Jongin, you need to get a girlfriend." 

"You can be my girlfriend, noona!" he cooed. 

"Yah, Amber's my dongsaeng." Luhan said, slapping the back of Kai's head. 

"But, he's not wrong, hyung. Amber does look good." Chanyeol stated. Luhan hit the back of his head as well. 

"Gege," Tao called. "I want some Baozi." 

"Me too! Me too!" Xiumin said, jumping excitedly. 

"I can make you some back at the dorm." Lay said. 

"Amber, what's up with the sudden change?" D.O. asked. 

The boys turned to her expectantly. "I just wanted to try something new, that's all." 

"Keep it! It makes you look really hot, noona. I'm seri-- OW! HYUNG!" Kai yelled in response to Luhan smacking his head again. 

"You deserved it." Baekhyun snickered. 

"Hyung!" 

Amber rolled her eyes as Chen draped an arm around her. "Amber, let's go before these idiots start throwing food." 

She laughed. "Yes, Chenchen, let's go." 


Sehun fumed as he sat beside Kris. "What's wrong with you?" Kris asked, turning to the maknae. 

"That girl pisses me off." 

"Amber?" 

"No! Not Amber noona. She's awesome, but the other girl-- the one that yelled at noona." Sehun corrected. "That reminds me... hyung, do you know why Amber noona is dressing like Krystal?" 

Kris wanted to smack the kid's head. It's because of you, you idiot, Kris thought. "No idea." 

"What do you think of her change?" Sehun asked, a bit nervous to hear the answer. 

Kris shrugged. "I don't think she needs to change. If people don't like her for what she is, then it's their loss." 

"I agree, hyung! But who doesn't like Amber noona?" Sehun declared and Kris rolled his eyes. 

It's ironic coming from you, Kris thought. "Just some anti-fans." he answered nonchalantly. "Hey, looks like our lady killer Kim Jongin is hitting on her and failing." Kris laughed. "I thought I was protective of her, but looks like Luhan is like a mother lion." 

Sehun grimaced as he watched Kai attempt to flirt with Amber. "Yeah... I'm going to go talk to her..." Sehun stood up and strutted towards Amber. He grabbed her wrist, but despite hearing her protest, he pulled her to the hallway. 

"Ah, Sehun, that hurt!" 

"Sorry, but I have to know something." 

She tried to ignore her thumping heart as she looked into his eyes which just so happened to be her favorite thing about him. "What?" 

"Why on earth are you dressed like that?" 

Well, that hurt. "I-I just wanted to try something new..." 

"Oh..." 

"Everyone has been asking me! Does it look that bad?" 

"It do--" 

"I have to go, Sehun. See you later." Amber said, walking back into the cafeteria and grabbing her phone. She ran to her locker in the basement, and Sehun watched, unable to do anything about it. Kris came up behind him and clasped his shoulder. 

"I'll go talk to her." Kris stated, following behind her. "Amber, stop." he stated, quickly catching up to her with his much longer strides. 

"Kris, I need to get out of here." 

"Amber, why did you change yourself when I said you shouldn't?" 

"K-Kris," she choked out. "I-Let me borrow your basketball shorts and a pair of your shoes." 

He patted her hair gently as he hugged her. "Amber, if he doesn't like you for you, then he's missing out." 

"Kris, it's not just about that. I'm tired of people thinking that I'm a guy and saying I'm handsome. I'm a girl. Girls don't get called that!" 

He sighed. "Go into the restroom. I'll bring you the shorts and the shoes." She obeyed and he walked to his locker, grabbing his extra practice clothes. He handed them to Amber and after a few minutes, she came back out. 

"Thanks." she said quietly. 


Quick update. No idea what on earth I'm writing, but go with the flow, right?