Amber's Dilemma

Change

F(x) was lounging at home, Krystal browsing through tumblr while the rest of her members watched tv. She laughed to herself. "Unnie, look at this!" 

"What is it?" Amber asked, looking up from her cell phone. 

"It's a list of all of EXO's ideal types." 

Sulli laughed. "Who had the time to gather all that information?" 

"EXOTICS are crazy!" Luna said, laughing. 

Amber rolled her eyes. Victoria smiled. "Read it out loud, for our Amber's sake. I bet she's dying to know what her little Prince Charming's ideal is." 

Amber blushed lightly. "Unnie, he's not my prince charming." 

"Oh, he's not?" she teased. 

"No, he's not." Amber said confidently. "If anything, I'm his!" 

The girls shared a laugh. "Okay, Krystal, read it." 

"I'll start with Kris oppa." she cleared , "Pretty, Bright, friendly, can take care of others, could possibly cook, filial, warm-hearted, and looks like an angel." 

"I always knew Kris oppa had a crush on me!" Luna teased. 

"No, unnie, can't you tell? That's totally Amber unnie!" Sulli argued. 

"Ani, Ssul, it's not!" Amber denied. 

Victoria smiled. "It kind of is. Krystal, just read the one we all want to know. Sehun's!" 

Krystal scrunched up her nose. "Pale, 162 centimeters tall, double eyelids, long, beautiful, silky hair, naturally smells good, sensitive, understanding, bubbly, good fashion--some one like Miranda Kerr" Krystal read aloud. 

"He's quite specific, isn't he?" Luna commented, casting a look at Amber. 

Amber felt herself shrink away. "So, everything I'm not?" 

"Unnie!" Sulli protested. 

"Save it, Ssul. I have to go."  Amber said, walking out of the dorm. 

"We have to do something about this." Victoria said, running her hands through her long brown locks. 

Pale? She wanted to laugh. She was from LA, no one was pale. 162 centimeters? She was 168! Long silky hair? Her hair was considered short even for boys. Though she did have double eyelids, she didn't think she smelled all that good naturally. Sensitive? Understanding? Bubbly? She would say those things were Luna. Good fashion? She dressed like a man... so, that was a miss as well. And, the biggest miss of all-- Miranda Kerr. Miranda Kerr was gorgeous!

Amber pulled out her phone and did what she usually did when she was down-- She called Donghae and Jonghyun. As she dialed Donghae's phone, she remembered that he was on his world tour. She wasn't exactly sure where he was, but wherever it was, he must be tired. She quickly hung up and called Jonghyun. "Hello?" 

"Oppa? Are you busy?" 

"Hey little dino. What's got you down?" 

"Oppa, do you have time?"

He laughed. "Well, I'm about to appear on a Japanese show, but it's fine. I always have time for my little sister. What's up?" 

Her eyes widened. "Omo! Oppa, I forgot you were in Japan! Sorry!" 

"No problem. We're in the waiting room. Say hi, boys!" 

"Hi Amber!" Onew yelled. "Yah, Kibum, bring me the chicken!"

Amber giggled. "Oppa, don't choke on the chicken!" 

"Llama!" Minho shouted. 

"Hey soccer star!" she shouted. 

"Baby~" Key cooed. 

"Boo~" she cooed back. 

"Noona~" Taemin said cutely. 

"Baby Tae! Be good to your hyungs and your wife, okay?" She felt better talking to her favorite dorks. 

"Okay, now tell me what's on your mind, neh?" Jonghyun said, worriedly. 

"Oppa, do you think I should change my style?" 

"How did that question come about?" 

"I was just thinking--" 

"It's that kid you have a crush on from EXO, isn't it?" 

"Oppa! What if someone hears you?!" 

He laughed. "Am, everyone knows except him! Hell, I'll bet even Jongin knows! And you know that Jongin-- a babo!" She frowned. "Anyway, why do you want to change your style?" 

She sighed. "His ideal is everything I'm not!" 

Jonghyun sighed. "Amber Josephine Liu, you and I both know that ideal types are just that. Ideal." 

"But Jjong oppa--" 

"Sorry Am, I have to go. I'll call you later, okay? This isn't over!" 

"Bye." she sighed. She looked at her phone before deciding to call Kris and Henry. She joined the two in a conference call and waited. "Hey guys," she said. She always spoke in English when it was just the 3 of them. "You guys want to play a game of basketball?"

"Am, I'm in Brazil right now." Henry said, laughing.

She mentally slapped herself. He was part of Super Junior, of course he was part of the Super Shows. "Sorry, my bad. Call you later. What about you, Kris?" 

"Hm, I'm down. I got the ball. I'll meet you in 10 at the usual place?" he answered. 

"Definitely." She said, about to hang up the phone. 

"Oh, and when we're done, you better tell me what's bothering you." he said. 

She sighed. He knew her all too well. "Right..." 

She walked to their usual spot in the small park beside the SM building. No one ever went near the park since it was blocked by a thicket and some trees. She sat at the bench and browsed her twitter. After about 15 minutes, she received a text from the Canadian. 

Sorry I can't make it. Last minute schedule change, so I'm going on Beatles Code! I sent someone else. 

She frowned. Whoever he sent better not be--

"Noona!" 

Sehun. 

She faked a smile at him. "Hey, kid. Ready for some basketball?" 

"Of course! I won't go easy, though." He smiled, running a hand through her hair, ruffling it. 

She felt her heartbeat increase. She gave him a sad smile as the words of his type of girl ran through her head. "Actually, I'm suddenly not feeling too well. Sorry, I have to go."

He frowned. "Okay, I'll take you home."

She shook her head. "No, thanks. I can go on my own." 

He stopped her. "Noona, are you mad at me?" 

She faked a smile. "Of course not, Sehun. I'm just kind of tired. Sorry for making you come all the way here." 

He smiled. "No problem. Noona, can you do me a favor?" 

"What is it?" 

"Can you please find out if Krystal likes me?" he asked shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. 

Her heart broke. "Sure, Sehun." 

He hugged her lightly. "Thanks, noona! I owe you one!" 

She nodded and walked in the direction of her dorm, defeated. The one time she actually felt like telling Kris about her problem, he has a schedule and sends Sehun-- the source of her problem, only to leave her feeling worse than how she started. She dialed Kris's phone and waited. "Why are you calling me? Shouldn't you be playing?" 

"Why did you send Sehun?" 

"Sehun? I sent Jongin!" 

"Well, Sehun showed up. And he asked me to ask Krystal if she liked him." 

Kris frowned. "I'm sorry, Amber. It's my fault. How are you?" 

She laughed lightly. "No duizhang, it's not. It's okay. I'm okay." 

"You're sure?" 

"Well, I've had better days, but I'm otherwise fine. Kris--I'm going to ask you a serious question." 

"Shoot," he said lazily. 

"Do you think I should change my style?" 

"Why would you ask that?" 

"Just answer." she begged. 

"Not at all. If people don't like who you are, it's their loss." he said honestly. "What is this all about?" 

"It's nothing." she said, kicking a rock. 

"It's about what Sehun said at Shimshimtapa, isn't it?" She didn't reply and he let out a sigh. "Amber, what he said--" 

"Kris, I don't really want to talk about it." 

"But, Amber, there's no way he can find someone like that!" 

"Yes there is--Krystal!" she said. "Look, I have to go. I'll talk to you later. Later, love ya." 

He sighed. "Bye, love ya." 

She walked back into her dorm, only to find Krystal and Victoria sitting on the couch while Sulli and Luna doodled away on the ground like children. "How you feeling, Amber?" Victoria asked. 

She shrugged. "Not great. Hey, Krystal, Sehun wants to know if you like him." 

Krystal gaped at her. "What? He asked you that?" 

"Yeah, and he expects an answer." she said, feeling her heart break a little more. 

"That's it." Krystal said. "We're going to show him that his ideal girl is you!" 

Amber laughed bitterly. "Krystal, you're his ideal! There's nothing we can do about it!" 

Victoria snapped her fingers. "I have an idea." 

"What is it, unnie?" Luna asked, looking up from her coloring. 

"We can show him that his ideal girl is Amber-- through Amber!" 

"What?" Sulli asked. 

"We can make Amber into all of those things he claims he wants in a girl and that will show him that he doesn't really want those things!" 

Krystal clapped excitedly. "That just might work, umma!" 

Amber looked at the 4 girls as if they had all just sprouted extra heads that all looked like Jongin-- God knows how crazy that would be. "I don't think--" 

"Unnie, don't you want Sehun to notice you?" Sulli asked. 

"I mean, yeah, but, Kris oppa told me not to change myself for anyone because it's their loss anyway." 

Luna rolled her eyes. "You're going to listen to that Canadian dork and not us?!" 

"He's my best friend!" 

"So are we!" Amber ruffled her hair in frustration. "Are you in?" 

She sighed, knowing she couldn't get them to change their minds. "I guess..." 

"Okay, well, the first thing we do is get you some extensions!" Victoria said, petting Amber's hair. "It's already silky, you just need to make it long!" 

Amber frowned. "I haven't had long hair since I was like 7." 

"Then you'll have it again." 

Amber did not like where this was going. 


Okay I'm thinking this will be a short story, maybe 3-6 chapters?