Prompt Word: Imagine

Of Prompt Words and Sleep Deprivation

It’s not like Henry doesn’t think about it. He does. And he realized that he thinks about it more often than he should. When Amber smiles at him, he likes to think that she has a special kind of smile just for him. The one where her nose would scrunch up ever so slightly and her eyes would disappear into slits (just likes his when he smiles at her) and turns up cutely like a cat. He also likes to think that a blush is present on her cheeks, too. Then, he proceeds to imagine himself intertwining his hand with hers, her fingers perfectly fitting the gaps between his. He imagines kissing her in a sweet, soft and languid kind of way and she would smile into the kiss and pull him closer.

 

But he stops imagining before he does something stupid.

 

As much as Amber likes to think that their relationship is platonic, she knows that it’s not. She notices the way he looks at her like she’s the prettiest girl in the room, his gaze softening and his lips would curl up into a soft smile (Amber had to sit down because her legs are turning jelly). She notices how his hugs would last longer than it should (and when he squeezes her lightly, she thinks that she’s going to melt). Amber also notices how he would occasionally space out and she instantly knows that he’s thinking about it – thinking about them and what they could be.

 

And in that awkward moment when he looks up and catches her staring at him, Amber’s heartbeat quickens. She waits for him to make his move, watching as he stands up from his seat.

 

“Let’s go eat.” Henry says with a smile.

 

Amber sighs in disappointment but nods her head anyways. However, it isn’t until he grabs her hand and laces their finger together that Amber feels her cheek heating up. She smiles at him, giving his hand a light squeeze and thinks that maybe someday Henry would stop being such a and ask her out properly.