Prompt Word: Rehearsal

Of Prompt Words and Sleep Deprivation

Amber sighed and slid down the floor, using the mirror to lean on as she closed her eyes and catch her breath, wiping the sweat off of her forehead. She heard the music stop and suddenly felt Henry’s warmth beside her.

 

“Here.”

 

Amber opened her eyes and saw a bottle of water being offered to her. She reached out to take it but Henry pulled the bottle back before taking a sip. Amber glared at him and snatched the bottle, slapping him on the arm.

 

“Douche.” She mumbled. Henry laughed and leaned back on the mirror as well, trying to regain his breath. Silence fell between the two of them but Amber wasn’t worried. That’s how their friendship is. Silence is always comfortable. Plus, it’s better than actually listening to Henry talk about Canada or worse, Justin Beiber. She chuckled in her head and started going through 1-4-3’s choreography, miming them in little movements.

 

“Thanks for doing this with me, Amber.”

 

Amber stopped her little dance and turned to look at Henry. He was smiling down at her, that famous Henry Lau smile that showed his still chubby cheeks with his eyes almost disappearing into slits and his cute little dimples adorning his cheeks. Amber can’t help but smile back, feeling her tiredness slowly melt away.

 

“Anytime, Snoopy.” She grinned before pinching his cheeks.