Opportunity

Childhood Friends
Tiffany POV
I took my time while buying a few stuff for lunch.. I felt happy again, while thinking about my best friend. How she will jump on me just because I will bring her food.. While I was at the grocery store, I found my most favourite snack when I was a kid.
 
//Suddenly, I remembered an encounter during my childhood. I was living in the Haidian District in Beijing but I didn't understand why we moved to Beijing. I was sad because I couldn't speak chinese, I could only speak vietnamese and a little bit german at that time. I attended language school for children but I was an outsider. I was the stranger in my course. After school ended, I would usually sit on a swing by myself and wait for a boy with a warm smile to pass by and waving in my direction. He passed by there everyday with his mother. She was really a beauty.. There was a day, when my mother wanted to pick me up earlier but I got used to see that boy everyday. So I told her to sit on a bench beside me and wait with me. When he was passing I was really happy. It wasn't love. It was a warm feeling of friendship, though we have never talked until..
 
After 3 months, somewhen around my 7th birthday, I was super sad because I didn't found any friends until then besides that big-headed boy. I used to call him this because his facial features were small which made his head looked larger than it actually was. After school, he didn't pass by which made me even more sadder. So sad that my mother had to carry me home because I didn't even wanted to walk or do something special on my birthday.
 
Surprisingly, there was a really familiar tall big-headed boy standing in our hallway. He had such a warm smile while he was waving. My mood went from grumpy to happy in 5 seconds. The first thing he said was 'shēnɡrì kuàilè'. Happy birthday in chinese. That is how we got to know each other. He told me his name a few times but I just called him big-headed Lulu or just Lulu. He was actually my neighbor so we  always played together at the playground near our home. My chinese improved a lot because he tought me a few things while playing. We exchanged friendship braclets before my family and me had to head back to Germany. Somehow we lost contact..//
 
I looked at my bracelet. The engraving faded but still remember how his nickname 'Lulu' was written on it. If my memory is right my nickname 'Tifa' was written on his. While I was paying the food, I thought that it's a nice coincidence that EXO's Luhan is from Haidian District/ Beijing too. And his nickname from his fans is 'Lulu'. I did thought about Luhan being my childhood friend but that would be a one-in-a-million-thing. But it would be really nice meeting my childhood friend again. While I was walking back, I was super happy. Just because of that memory and how awesome my best friend now is. That my life is quiet good until now.
 
As I arrived, my friend already hyperventilated because EXO is going to arrive any moment. I was just smiling. First I was really happy for her and second it was too loud for me. So I just walked across the street and sat on a swing at this playground I saw earlier. The weather was really pleasant, I turned my music on and swung really high. Still smiling with the thought of my childhood friend. I noticed for a moment that a van arrived but that doesn't really bother me because I was just happy and smiling on my whole face. But somehow there was this odd but warm feeling of someone staring at me again. While I was still swinging high, I looked straight to the group. I looked straight into Luhan's eyes. There was this familiar feeling from years ago. There was this little bit hope that he might be my childhood friend. No! I told myself that it was just an imagination.
 
 
Luhan POV
We arrived at the SM building after getting our hair and make up done. As expected, there was a big crowd of fans waiting for us. We got out of our two vans and they greeted us warmly and told us to take care of ourselves though we have to work hard. But what really caught my attention was this girl on the swing across the street. It was the girl with the long black hair from before. She reminded me of this really good friend I had from childhood. My childhood friend smiled a lot. Her happiness was contagious, just like hers now. I still wear our friendship bracelet. Maybe she will notice in some corner of the world that I had never forget her since then.
 
 
Tiffany POV
While I was slowing down, I looked down. The feeling of being stared at was gone too. I told myself that it could've never be him. The possibility of my childhood friend being one of Korea's top idol stars is so tiny like dust. I was shocked for a moment when I realized that there was someone on the swing next to me. It was a woman. Her face looked flawless, youthful and healthy but you could see a few wrinkles at the corner of her eyes. She might be in her late twenties. Suddenly, she started talking. Thank godness, my korean improved so much. She told me that being a star is not always easy while staring into the crowd. You always have to smile, travel a lot so you can't see your parents or friends anymore, you need to practice a lot and endure a lot hardships. She really talked bad about being an idol. The only thing I replied was: 'A dream is worth everything.' She turned her head and started to smile softly. It was really pleasant to see her smile. She stood up and told that she has to work again and that I should try auditioning at SM. Kim Jihyeon.. her name was on the business card she handed to my after she left. 'Jade' was handwritten next to her actual name.
 
While thinking about auditioning or not, Jasmine walked towards me. She is super excited that she just saw 'her husbands' -yeah, that's what she call EXO. She snatched the business card out of my hand and she got even more excited. She told me by emphasizing every word: ' YOU! HAVE! TO! AUDITION!' It's my dream since I know how to talk properly but I didn't really think that I would even pass the first round.