That Moment

Childhood Friends

Tiffany POV

/I felt ease. It was a bright and sunny day with a cool breeze. I was sitting underneath a tree with my eyes closed. Enjoying the sound of leaves dancing in the wind. It smelled and sounded like spring, Fresh and new but still familiar. But as I opened my eyes I saw fire. It was everywhere. Everything was burning and crumbling. It destroyed every living and beautiful in the nature. 'Sister, help me!' 'Tiff, call the emergency!' I saw the faces of my brothers, eomma and appa. They fade and disappear as I want to help them. As I try to reach out for them../

I woke up. Just a nightmare. But reality wasn't better at all. It was cold. 2 or 3 months passed since the accident. Autumn is ending and it gets even colder. But that doesn't matter to me at all. I smiled less since then. I focused on training. My daily routine since then? Well, nothing much. Everyday waking up, getting ready and finishing every point of my trainee schedule. Fitness: 8 am - 10 am. Dance class: 11 am - 1:30 pm. Vocal class: 2:30 pm - 4 pm. Korean class: 4 pm - 5:30 pm. Working as coordi assistant 6 pm - open end. After work I would usually go to an old small room which was used for vocal classes. Just to free my mind. Compose a nice melody or write a song for myself.   Today was those kind of days where I got off work early. I bid goodbye to the staff and went to that room. I let myself fall onto the couch, leaned my head back, closed my eyes for a moment and started to hum a random melody. Suddenly I snapped out of my half daydream and started to write a few notes down of parts of the melody I was humming. I put all the parts together which I composed myself since trainee. It sounded great on the piano.

 

 

Lay POV

Luhan told me to keep an eye on Tiffany for him because I had less schedule than him. Obviously, he was China's favorite son and I was just plain but very talented in composing and writing. I knew that Tiffany often goes to the old music room and I  have to admit that she is quiet good. I dont really think she noticed me following her when I had the time. So I decided to join her today after schedule. She shouldn't think  and feel that she is alone.

When I was almost there I heard a really nice melody. She was humming to it. But stops and started sobbing really hard. I can't really imagine how hard it is to lose someone and I don't really want to experience it but I think at some point in life one has to feel that kind of pain. You will never get used to life's cruelty.

As I arrived my heart began aching. It was not the pain of losing someone but rather the feeling of seeing my loved ones being hurt. I actually care a lot about her so I backhugged her. I couldn't say a thing because it's this kind of situation in which keeping silence is the best method to comfort someone. As she calmed down I placed myself beside her and continued her melody. I brightened it up a bit and so did her mood. I reminded her with the melody that she still has a life that needs to be lived happy and bright regardless of how cruel it can be.. The best gift she had ever received from her parents.

 

 

Tiffany POV

I felt a lot better thanks to Lay.

 

 

Luhan POV

I debuted already so I obviously needed to fulfill my duties as an idol and practice dancing and singing. But I felt really bad because I couldn't comfort her in any way so I told her to meet up with me after work when the sun was down already because there was a place I wanted to show her. It was a special place to me because I always sneak out to go there when I miss my family or I feel down.

 

 

Tiffany POV

I didn't feel like going out at all but it was Luhan after all and I know that he has a really tight schedule. Therefore I appreciate every moment he spends with me. Luckily there weren't much people out. While we were walking, we didn't exchange any words. I felt his gaze from time to time. I heard him sighing from time to time. And I felt truly sorry. Instead of resting after a hard and long day he stays awake and tries to cheer me up. Everyday since the accident he looks even worse because of work, lack of sleep and.. because of me. I'm sorry..

After almost 15 minutes we reached the top of a small mountain near the Han river.. The view was breathtaking. The nightsky looked like a beautiful painting. As if someone painted the sky darkblue and carefully placed every star at a certain spot. While my thoughts were merging with the nightsky I felt a warm embrace from behind. I turned around to face him. To just tell him that I'm grateful that I have found him again and that one of the greatest honor is to be his friend. But as I faced him I realized that we were standing really close and that our faces were just inches apart. I felt how my face became warmer. My breath became heavier. My heart was pounding fast and loud. But it didn't feel wrong at all. I was just staring into his eyes. Just like I was staring at the sky moments ago. His brown eyes were calm and soft. It felt like time was slowing down to make that one moment even more magical. I slowly closed my eyes as his face moved towards mine. Our lips crushed together.. It felt like every cell in my body exploded like a little firework. An overwhelming feeling of happiness from head to toe. After a few moments we separated to catch our breath again. The first thing that actually came into my mind was our precious friendship. A relationship would harm everything we've built up so far. His career. Our precious friendship. But it kind of made me realize that I want to keep him, Xi Luhan, in my life as long l live. Well, actually the only person I have left on earth.

 

 

Luhan POV

It felt really good. I wanted her to be mine. If that is possible somewhen in the future. Maybe not in the near future because it would be a huge scandal. An EXO member dating a trainee from the same company! Uh, I don't think that would be a good idea. And also I don't want my crazy fandom bother her. But secretly dating? Doesn't sound that bad though. Might sound stressful but everything is worth a try. Especially love. Especially her.