SME feast

Childhood Friends

Tiffany POV

Of course, I got to sit next to my childhood friend while we were dining and Kai insisted sitting next to me. He explained that we are chingu so he wanted to get to know me better. I still don't know every sunbaes but I'm sure as time passes I'll get to know every each of them. Everyone was nice and the atmosphere was really good. But life has its good and bad points.. Suddenly my phone rang. Somehow I felt uncomfortable. I had this feeling that something bad happened. I excused myself from the table and went to the ladies' restroom to pick up. 'Hello? Who am I talking to?' 'Hello. Am I talking to Miss Tiffany? I am Tim Schulz from Germany. I work at an emergency department. I'm so sorry but..' And that's when my eyes started filling themselves up with tears. That's when I knew that the bad feeling in my stomach was a sign.. '.. the house where your family had an apartment collapsed. No one survived..' It felt like time stoped. I couldn't believe it. I could hear the guy on the phone still talking to me but my body went numb. I let my phone slide down just like my whole body. I didn't really know what to think at that moment. It was too much to handle. To understand. To accept. Why did it happen now? Now when I felt fulfilled and happy. I let every memory I had from my family pass by like a short movie. Every happy moment I had with them. I felt regret. Regretting that I didn't take the chance to see my family again. To see their smiling faces..

 

 

Lay POV

Everyone was laughing and talking. I was really happy that I got the chance to dine with everyone. Still, I walked outside to get fresh air in my lungs and to clear my mind. I still think about my ex-girlfriend. I still care for her.. But I never regret breaking up with her to become an entertainer. While I sank deeper and deeper in my thoughts something caught my attention and while I pushed my thoughts aside. I heard sadness. Someone cried her heart out. I followed her voice. Finally I reached the ladies' restroom. I wasn't sure if I should enter. But I still did it. I mean, I am the healing unicorn. I felt broken as I saw Tiffany sitting on the floor crying. Luckily, she had waterproof make up on unless she wanted to face the others again with smudged make up on her first big event. Without saying anything, I kneeled infront of her and spread my arms put for a hug. Though it was kind of awkward because I didn't know her very well. But still in this kind of situation everyone needs a shoulder to lean on or at least a hug.

 

 

Tiffany POV

The moment I saw Lay infront of me I felt kind of embarrassed because I didn't want anyone to see the weak me. Not yet. But as I saw him spreading his arms for a hug, I was glad that he was there. He understood the situation somehow and didn't even asked. Slowly I cried less and he tried to talk to me and help me. Comforting as best as he could. But he knew that he can't undo it. While we were talking, we went outside so we could take a deep breath of fresh air. We were standing on the rooftop of the building looking up to the blue sky with its many many stars. And that's how we got really close. He was like a good brother to me. I kept him in my heart as part of my new family that I'm slowling building for myself. While we were walking back to the others he checked my make up, patted my head and we walked back inside. I tried to talk and smile a lot, so the others wouldn't worry because everyone was dressed nicely and happy.

 

 

Luhan POV

I realized that Tiffany was absent for too long. As I wanted to look for her I saw her reentering with Lay. She seems to be less happy than before though she was smiling. I knew there was something odd but she didn't want to talk about it. I grabbed her hand under the table and held it the whole time while we were seated. She was a bit surprised but thanked me with a broken smile. Everyone was happy and telling jokes therefore we finished up very late.