Glowing Firelight

» Bulletproof Colors «
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungkook admired someone—a lot. His name was Kim Namjoon, or one of the instructors of his dance crew. Although yes, Yoongi-hyung and Hoseok-hyung technically had slightly better skills, Jungkook looked up to Namjoon a lot. His determination, his emotions, his unique style and voice expressed through his moves—it was all something he was able to see in Namjoon. He also had an adorable personality that was nothing like what he was when practicing. He smiled a lot and damn, his smile was perfectly white, teeth were straight, and the way his chin turned sharp made his face look like a cute acorn.

 

At one point, it came to the fact that he was more excited to see his hyung dance than dancing himself. Now, Jungkook didn't find this crew by himself. No, his best friend, Park Jimin, had told him about it, and how they could always use new members. They both loved dancing, and it was obvious. What was more obvious for the other crew members to realize was that to them, Jimin and he were more than just best friends.

 

It took a camping trip, however, for Jungkook to really understand. It started off slowly, they just finished a long three hour roap trip without stopping to the camp. It was just the seven members of their dance crew that went; just to relax and bond what little they had left to know about each other. Namjoon was being a stupid gentleman, Jungkook thought to himself, as he offered to help the maknae carry the largest bag. Jungkook refused, of course, and joked around saying that he wasn't weak.

 

Later on, they started settling into the cleared area in the forest. Setting up three tents, Jungkook hoped that he would be able to share a tent with Namjoon. And Jimin, he supposed, just because he was closest to him. It turned out that Jin claimed Taehyung to sleep with, and Suga wanted Jimin. It left Hoseok, Namjoon and him to shrug and agree they could share one. It was immediately more than fine to Jungkook because Namjoon-hyung was there.

 

For the rest of the daytime, they explored around the area (sans one person because they had to watch the camp in shifts), dipping their feet in the formerly placid pond and splashing each other with it. Jimin would try to push Jungkook into the water, but he would only retaliate and pull them both down. Taehyung snickered to himself and called them a cute couple, which only made them both respond in unison, “We're best friends, you know!”


Taehyung would only simply nod and roll his eyes, pompously folding his arms as if he knew they were wrong. They both tackled Taehyung and soaked him into the water as well.

 

Hoseok, being the mother he was, yelled at the three to be careful and not hurt themselves. He wasn't going to take care of them if they got a cold or worse.

 

Jin scrambled over when he heard Taehyung shout his name in distress, hoping to save him from the two attempting to drown him. “Don't drown him!” Jin shouted back, Jungkook and Jimin then stopped, Taehyung laughing and coughing loudly as he sat in the water that reached his torso. “Run, Jimin!” Jungkook said, and pulled Jimin's hand, running away from the other two. Taehyung and Jin both shook their heads as they watched the obvious couple dash away hand in hand.

 

Jungkook felt uncomfortable with seeing things he liked on Namjoon. It only made him want to stare at him forever, and that would be really creepy. So instead, he tries to avoid all eye contact that thus making him feel awkward to no end. These were things like a plain white shirt that hugged Namjoon's sleek body, when he wore shorts and his toned legs could be seen, and worst of all, whenever Namjoon decided it was a good idea to just not wear a shirt at all.

 

As Jungkook and Jimin ran back to the edge of the pond, he saw Namjoon stretching his body—shirtless. And with shorts. Jungkook froze for about a good three seconds, Jimin pulled him and even tried to pry his fingers away from his, but to no avail. Jimin followed his line of sight and found that he was looking a Namjoon. He raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

 

“Jungkook?” Namjoon said, noticing him staring at his tanned body, the faint line of abs showing.

 

“Huh?” Jungkook snapped out of his sudden trance. He shook his head, “Nothing, hyung.”


Namjoon smiled and said, “Okay then.” He then rushed off to the pond to do some actual swimming.

 

With the two alone, Jimin burst out laughing, “What was that, Jungkook? You stared at him like a middle school girl who's never seen a man in her life.”


“Shut up,” Jungkook flushed, hitting him on the head.

 

“You're so funny,” Jimin kept laughing. “Out of everyone, of course you would like Namjoon.”


“I don't like him,” Jungkook defended. “I just admire him.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter