Urban Alternative

» Bulletproof Colors «
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[warning: ! angst !]

 

Boho

 

“Wait up, hyung!” Jimin pants, flannel shirt threatening to slip off at any second, revealing collarbones and skin that would be much more suggestive had the boy's face didn't look like he was running for his life.

Yoongi rolls his eyes and waits for the younger to catch up with him, pulling his shirt back up his shoulder when he does. “We don't have all day, you know.”

Jimin giggles at Yoongi's fingers brushing over his skin as he fixes up his look.

“You act like traveling there takes more than five minutes,” Jimin scoffs.

“Shut up and just get on,” Yoongi starts up the bronze and gray steel brushed motorbike, and slipping on a helmet.

Jimin obeys without another word, although from his bubbliness, Yoongi can tell he's beyond excited for the music show they were about to head to. Jimin puts on the

helmet that was attached to the back of the bike, and seats himself comfortably on the second seat.

When Yoongi gets on himself, Jimin instantly wraps his arms around him tightly, pressing his nose into the older's jacket.

“Stop that,” Yoongi squirms in his seat, suppressing his laugh because God forbid that he's really ticklish. “I need to breathe.”

“Wow aren't you really hot in that outfit?” Jimin ignores Yoongi, but loosens his hold anyway, slipping down and settling around his hips.

Yoongi revs the engine up, the bike lifting from the ground and a white under glow appears from the vehicle.

“You act like traveling there takes more than five minutes,” Yoongi mocked what Jimin had said not a moment before. “I'll be fine. It's usually cold inside, anyway.”

“Okay,” Jimin responds with nothing else, but he lays his head against Yoongi's back and appreciates his warmth before they speed off into the skies.

 

 

Offbeat

 

“Sir, please step back,” a guard asks Jimin, as he tries to get a glimpse of what is happening beyond the holographic border that's keeping the crowd from coming into the accident.

“W-wait! That's my friend!” Jimin cries out, trying to hold back the guards from blocking his view.

In the heart of the accident, a horrific bout of government officials chaining several people up is occurring because they've been suspected of plotting against the system, and Jimin's friend seemed have gotten mixed up.

His orange haired friend looks on the verge of passing out; like a bruise is about to form on his eye, dirt covering his cheeks and his wrists are red from the handcuffs. His jeans are torn and his knees are bleeding—everything that is making Jimin want to go into a fury.

“I'm sorry, but you can't go any farther,” the guard stands right in front of him, blocking his entire view. Jimin is a small person, so compared the man that is standing there as still as stone, it makes him madder.

“ you! My friend didn't do anything!” Jimin yells and curses repeatedly, but he's just drowned out by the other voices of screaming family members and loud gossip.

“Jimin, Jimin, calm down,” a person grabs Jimin by the arm and holds them so he doesn't hurt anyone with his fists and muscles while he's so angry.

Jimin struggles out the grip but stops when he realizes Yoongi is right there, in front of him, his expression calming and assuring.

“It'll be okay,” he says.
Jimin starts tearing up, “It's not fair. Taehyung didn't do anything. He was just walking between them and—and the—”

Yoongi holds the younger tight, whispering into his ear. “It'll be fine. Taehyung is innocent, they'll find out. And then they'll let them go, and everything will be okay, okay?”
Jimin makes a quiet nod and Yoongi feels warm tears dropped on the curve of his neck. He sighs, “Don't cry, baby.”

Of course, this only makes Jimin cry louder, and Yoongi just holds him until he's ready to leave the commotion.

“If there's anything I can do for you, just tell me,” Yoongi says, linking his fingers with Jimin's as they're finally headed back home.

Jimin clutches tightly and softly asks, “C-can we...just go home? I just don't want to think.”

Yoongi smiles and kisses the top of his forehead, “Anything.”

 

 

Film Fest

 

In all honesty, Yoongi did feel jealous at times towards Jimin's behavior and relationship with Taehyung. Although he knew it was all platonic and whatnot, he wonders sometimes if Jimin ever realizes he holds Taehyung's hands and rests his legs on Taehyung's lap like it's nothing. If anything, they looked like the couple.

But over the years, Yoongi's learned to not be angry and to ease any jealous thoughts because at the end of every night, Jimin always comes back to him, wrapping his arms around Yoongi even when the humidity is sweltering and uncomfortably hot. It's okay because Yoongi wouldn't wish for anything else.

He knows Taehyung means a lot to him because they've been best friends since the very beginning—and so when Jimin saw Taehyung beat up and arrested by the government, Yoongi feels completely helpless. He wished he could have done something about it. After all, most people knew that the government was corrupt, but under a tyrannical “democracy”, no one could really do anything about it. All Yoongi could do was kiss and hold and calm Jimin down, even when he himself wasn't sure if Taehyung was going to be actually okay.

Fortunately, he was, and a week after that, Taehyung was released, wounds having treated at the hospital. Jimin rushed over as fast as he could, taking Yoongi's hover bike while he was at work (Jimin had texted him before he did so) bringing his best friend into the tightest embrace until returning to Yoongi's apartment for the time being.

Yoongi expected Jimin to finally feel relieved and happy again, but the last thing he expected while coming back from work was Kim Taehyung's lips on his boyfriend's. A kiss that's too deep and too passionate looking that he clenched his fists until it broke skin for the pain to tell him this wasn't a dream or a show.

And in that moment, he couldn't really comprehend anything other than the fact that they were kissing. Jimin, who was only supposed to be his.

In that moment, he couldn't see the fact that Jimin was trying to push Taehyung away, or that he's struggling from Taehyung's grip. He defintely couldn't see the fact that it was only Taehyung forcing himself on his boyfriend. All he could see is that their relationship was clearly not platonic anymore.

“Yoongi!” Jimin yelps, finally pushing Taehyung away, off of him and onto the other side of the couch.

Jimin jumps off and rushes over to explain but Yoongi only backs off and murmurs, “Don't ing touch me.”

“H-hyung...” his expression is heartbreaking.

Yoongi leaves the his apartment in a rage and heads down to the first floor gym and releases his anger. Normally, he writes lyrics and doesn't talk for days if he's upset, but seeing that situation, seeing another man all over what's his, that feeling of having lost to a “best friend”—was infuriating.

In the midst of holographic technology within the room, bright lights and automatic water fillers, he stays and wears off his anger for a solid hour.

He isn't really sure if he's relieved or disappointed that Jimin doesn't come down even once. He glances every so often outside of the glass walls encompassing the room, and there's no Jimin. No soft cheeks, no small eyes drooped at the corners, no pitter patter of his walking comes by. Jimin doesn't come by crying, or begging, he doesn't come at all.

Yoongi scoffs at how messed up his thinking is—to actually want Jimin to come down crying and begging for forgiveness. At this point, the thinking makes him worked up even more, so he continues running and punching and whacking things inside the gym.

At this point, he doesn't know what happpened.

 

 

Hipsterfication

 

After an hour and a half, Yoongi's mentally dead on the benches, sweat dripping off from everywhere, trying to wipe it off with a soaked towel. He feels a tap on his shoulder and sits up immediately, because if that was Jimin—

It isn't Jimin.

It's his so-called best friend.

Yoongi glares at him and takes a sip of water.

“Yoongi hyung, I need to talk to you."

He doesn't respond, Taehyung only deserves the cold shoulder.

“Hyung—”

“I don't know why you're blatantly ignoring the fact that I don't want to talk to you.”

“This is—this is important.”

Yoongi sighs because he is actually curious in what he has to say. “Let's see if it is.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter