Gray Morning

» Bulletproof Colors «
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

'dammit I keep lagging sorry' Jin smashed his fingers on the keyboard, his eyes still glued on the screen. He was playing one of his favorite games, Maplestory, and had been playing for around two straight now, which was very little considering his love for the game. It was the summer, and he was bored, of course and it was the time of year where all his friends went on their own family vacations. His family, however, decided to simply relax for this summer, leaving him in his house all the time.

 

'yeah u dont say' one of the Maplestory players replied, his character giving a stale face to Jin's. 'why are you lagging?'

 

'its raining here' Jin typed back. 'pretty bad'

 

'oh. I see'

 

The conversation stalled as they, and many others, were busy attacking a boss monster, and Jin would only hope the rain didn't make his internet connection as bad it was now. Eventually, the lag got so bad that the screen froze for a good three seconds, making Jin frustrated.

 

After that—the game closed and he just let out a sigh. Giving up after that, he decided it would be better to do something else. It was only 11 o'clock in the morning, yet it felt like 6 in the evening. Jin peeked out his window to see clouds encumbering all over the skies and the rain falling hard. Lighting struck often and the sound of thunder wasn't pleasant. It wasn't exactly how he wanted his summer days to be like.

 

Leaving his room, Jin walked down to the first floor of his house where his parents and older brother was, watching a recorded version of an old drama. Jin huffed and sat on a free spot of the couch, figuring that there wasn't much else to do.

 

“Jin,” his older brother said. “You're bored, aren't you?”

 

Jin carefully glared at him and shrugged. “Why?”



“Get us coffee,” he happily demanded.

 

“Wha—why me?!”

 

“Because you're bored.”

 

“You want me to go out and buy coffee?” Jin wanted to make sure at his absurd request.

 

He nodded, his eyes landing on Jin for just a second before turning back to the TV. Their parents didn't even say anything, both used to their children bickering and being immersed in the drama.

 

Jin scoffed, “Fine. You give me the money, though.”



His older brother hesitated for a second before giving in, “Take the twenty in my wallet on the kitchen table. Nothing else, okay!”

 

 

Jin grabbed the bill and a raincoat, quickly slipped his black Adidas on and left the house. There was a coffee shop that his family liked; it was cozy, small and had good service and quality. They were regulars there, almost. The boss of the place knew them pretty well.

 

He lifted his hood up to shield from the heavy rain. He regretted already that he forgot to bring an umbrella and cursed under his breath. Others were giving him strange looks for not having one, either. The streets were pretty empty now, it usually was because of mornings and the rain got rid of everyone else.

 

Dark skies would make everyone gloomy, and that sort of feeling of social loneliness finally hit him. The only lights came from the shops littered among the streets, colors of warm yellows and bright whites that contrasted against the gray roads and blue atmosphere.

 

Jin sometimes thought it gray mornings like these were beautiful in their own, twisted way. It almost smelled like sadness and time moving slowly.

 

Arriving at the coffee shop in no more than five minutes, Jin made eye contact with the owner and smiled gently. Reaching for the handle of the door, suddenly someone grabbed it and the next thing he knew his arm was wrapped around a person's body, the hood of their black hoodie facing him.

 

The rain stopped hitting himself, he noticed, as he glanced up to see a black umbrella over the two of them. That mysterious person was holding it, their face turned to the ground. Their hand was gripping on Jin's hand tightly, pulling it over more their chest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter