♥ || Chapter 1

Public Display of Affection [MODIFYING start: 27/03/2015]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥ || Chapter 1

You were just in the middle of enjoying your break after working for four hours straight when you heard a loud shout coming from the shop, it was your mom.

"MaeRi! Can you please get over here?".

You got startled and were clearly not expecting it "Mhm" you murmured while your eyes moved to the big white silver framed clock hanging on the wall. Your eyes grew bigger "Eh? I am just here for 10 minutes" and you dropped your head on the table in front of you "Why?".

"MaeRi?!" your mom shouted again.

"Mhm" you murmered once more and finally got up from the chair, but as clumsy as you were, you busted your knee right onto the edge of the table as soon as you moved "Ouch!" and you rubbed your hand over the aching spot and finally made it out of the door while grabbing your suspence.

"What took you so long?" Your mom whispered looking at you who looked completely exhausted.

"Sorry, I was just...." and you couldn't even finish your sentence because your mother but in.

"MaeRi, when I call you out, you know it is serious. We have a lot of customers as you can see and we need someone to handle the coffee corner" your mom explained.

"Wha...where is JanDi?" you murmured looking around for your colleague and friend.

"She went home, because there was something wrong with her dog" your mom continued.

Your eyes grew bigger and blinked your eyes at your mother "Will she be alright?"

Your mom took you by your shoulders and pushed you into the coffee corner "I will explain everything later, right now I want you to take care of these customers".

Bewildered you looked at your mother "But..."

"I am sorry MaeRi, but you have to help us out here and you're the only one left" your mom explained once again.

You let out a big heavy sigh "I got it" and headed to the counter to help the customer who was probably waiting there for at least five minutes. "How may I help you?" you asked politely glancing over the counter wondering what happened to your friend JanDi.

"Two americano's and one latte macchiato" a man's voice answered, sounding slightly annoyed "Yah! Do you know long we have been waiting here? Can you pleas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter