A lesson about life,

Taemin and the Frog Prince

It was an extremely awkward silence that permeated through the room as the three men sat and stared at the frog next to Taemin's dinner plate. Ever now and again someone would open their mouth or clear their throat as if about to speak but the silence remained. "Excuse me, but is there any particular reason we're letting all this wonderful  food go cold?" the frog asked, giving a meaningful look to the food on the table. 

Everyone looked at the food and then back at the frog. "Erm, no, no reason." Key said, trying  to be polite to Taemin's guest despite the strange situation they had all found them selves in. "Would you please pass the jug of water Tae? Jonghyun, you don't have any vegetables on your plate, would you like some peas?"

Slowly, everyone started eating again in silence, doing their best to ignore the fact that they were eating dinner with a frog. It was in silence that they ate, Taemin pushing his bowl away in disgust when the frog dipped his head into the soup to take a sip. Taemin's  good mood had vanished completely and he just sat and scowled at the table while the others around him ate their dinner. Suddenly, he decided enough was enough and pushed away from the table with a sigh. "I'm going to bed." He grumbled when all eyes him.

"Going to bed? Already? But I've barely eaten anything." The frog said, a little disappointed at how little he had managed to eat. "Okay, let's go, I guess I'm pretty tiered to." He said with a sigh. Taemin ignored the frog as he said goodnight to his two friends and then made to leave when the frog called out to him. "Prince, would you let me ride on your shoulder please? You see when you are as small as me, any distance is a long one and I am still warn out from my journey here."

Without a word, Taemin snatched up the frog and stomped off to his bedroom, clutching him so tight that the poor creatures eyes bulged out of his head. "Prince." He wheezed. "I can't breath. I can't breath prince." but Taemin just ignored him. Moving to the front door, Taemin opened it and dumped the frog unceremoniously on the door step, shutting the door behind him.

For a moment, the frog just sat there, stunned at how he had been kicked out. Once the initial shock was over he began yelling for the prince and it wasn't long until the door opened, but it wasn't Taemin standing at the door, instead it was Key and Jonghyun. "I'm terribly sorry that Taemin is behaving so badly." Key said as Jong scooped up the frog n both hands.

They took the frog to Taemin's room, opened the door and let him in. "Taemin, I am very disappointed in you. You made a deal with this frog and you will keep it." Key said sternly. 

The elder men listened at the door for a response and it felt like an eternity of silence before Taemin said anything. "Fine."He said scooping the frog  onto his bed. "Fine."  He said again as he changed for bed. "Fine, I'll keep my promise, okay?"

Key and Jonghyun left as Taemin glared at the frog. "No funny business." he grumbled as he slipped into bed next to the frog. "You keep your slimy hands to yourself I'll have you done up for dinner."

The frog scoffed indignantly at Taemin's words as he made himself comfortable. "You insult me. I would never be so uncouth as to molest someone I share a bed with." Taemin sighed, rolled his eyes and turned away from the frog.

"What ever. Good night."

Early the next morning, the young prince was woken by a cool breeze coming through his window. Grumbling, he went and closed it and climbed back into bed but he couldn't get to sleep, no matter what he did, he couldn't shake the feeling that the window had been closed the night before.

If that wasn't bad enough, Taemin was sure that something was missing but what? As the sun rose, painting the sky in rich and luxurious colours, Taemin searched for what was missing and when he finally collapsed in his bed, confused and tiered from all the looking, only then did he remember the frog.

The frog! The frog was gone or perhaps it had all just been a horrid dream in the first place. The important thing is that there wasn't a creepy, slimy, ugly frog in his bed anymore.

The rest of the day went pretty much the same as the day before. Jong joined in on the lessons and one himself another kiss and the day was full of fun and laughter. "I'm beginning to think you want to kiss him." Taemin giggled as Key pressed his lips to Jonghyun's temple once again.

"Rubbish." Key spluttered turning pink. "I'm just trying to show you that I keep my promises." He said crossing his arms in a huff. "See Taemin, I keep my promises even if I don't want to and I don't complain about it, I expect you to do the same from now on."

"But Key." Taemin said with a smirk. "You don't have to keep making these promises." Key gave Taemin a look that said exactly.

"And you didn't have to make that promise to the frog but you did and you have to keep it." Key said mater of factly. "Besides, next time I'll beat him and he'll have to do what I say." Key said, crossing his arms in a huff.