CHAPTER NINE

Marriage Trap (HIATUS)

Six years after…

               

SIWON’S POV

 

                “That would be all. Meeting adjourned.” I dismissed the meeting. At last we are done. I looked at the time. It’s past eight already. I didn’t know that the meeting would take that long. And I’ve broke my promise. She’s probably sulking right now. I need to be home immediately.

                As soon as I arrived home, the house helper hurriedly met me.

                “Sir, it’s good that you’re here now,” she said.

                “Why, something happened?” I frowned. “Is she asleep already?”

                “That’s the problem, Sir. When she arrived home, she immediately locked herself in her room and she won’t listen no matter how many times I called her for dinner.” She replied.

                “I’ll take it from here, you may rest now.” I dismissed her. I really need to talk to my baby. I felt guilty for not fulfilling my promise to her.

                I used the extra key to open her room. The room was dim. I could sense she’s still awake. She’s lying on her bed facing opposite my direction.

                “Sorry…baby, daddy’s very very sorry.” I patted her head.

                She didn’t respond.

                “I know I’ve broken my promise again. Please don’t be mad at daddy.” I said lovingly.

                “Then don’t make promises if you can’t do it. I hate you!” she said softly. She looked at me tears b in her eyes.

                I must think of something to pacify her. “Well, since my baby’s mad at me…hmmm, I’ll cook dinner for you. You skipped dinner again. How about that?” I asked.

                She just covers her face with the comforter and ignored me.

                “Please don’t be mad at Daddy. I’m very sorry.” I said sweetly. “Come on let’s eat. You can choose anything you want.”

                She got up and hugged me. “Daddy…I want to eat ice cream.”

                I’m glad I convinced her. She’s just like her mom easily pleased with food. “Let’s have dinner first then we will eat ice cream, okay.”

                She nodded and smiled at me.

***

 

“Daddy, why I don’t have a mommy?” my daughter innocently asked.

                I was dumbfounded. It took me a while to process my thoughts. I wasn’t expecting she would ask me about her mom. I’m not ready to answer it yet. Our situation is very complicated.

                “Can I answer your question later, baby? We have to eat first then you’ll go to school. Is that alright?” I said avoiding answering the question.

                She nodded pouting. She’s like her doing that gesture.

                “But Daddy, I don’t want to go to school,” she murmured.

                “Why? Are you feeling sick?” I asked worriedly.

                “Aleyna won’t join the activity today since I don’t have my mommy.”

                “Baby, Luna unnie would be there. So, don’t worry, okay?” I convinced her. Luna’s my secretary. I always sent her in every activity in school that needed parents since I’m very much busy.

                She stopped eating and pushed her food away. “But I don’t want Luna unnie, I want my mom. Aleyna’s the only kid that don’t have mom in school.” She’s in the verge off crying.

                “Ale, honey you have a mom but she is just not here okay” I’m already panicking. I am not really comfortable talking about this. I don’t know how to explain to her that she won’t be mad to both of us. It’s my entire fault.

                “Then, why can’t I meet her if I have one. You’re lying.” She shouted at me. She run and locked herself in her room.

                “Aleyna, baby open up, please. You still need to go to school.”

                “I’m not going.” She cried. “I hate you!”

                She hates me now. My phone started ringing. Maybe that’s my secretary I’m already late with my appointment.

                “Hello, Can you cancel all my schedule for today. I have an emergency at home so I can’t come.” I informed my secretary. Now is not the time to leave my daughter at this state.