CHAPTER ELEVEN

Marriage Trap (HIATUS)

YOONA’S POV

 

                “It’s good to have you back, Yoong. Are you home permanently?” Taeyeon asked me as she gave me a hug.

                “Yes, it’s time for me to face the reality.” I answered.

                “Were glad to have you back,” Jessica said excitedly.

                “It’s time,” I replied before taking a sip of coffee.

                “We understand you, Yoong. We don’t make any actions about your memory because we want you to recover it on your own and you should do that gradually.” Tiffany said solemnly.

 

***

 

I was just wandering around the neighborhood to find fresh air. I stopped by a restaurant since I felt that my stomach is grumbling. I am enjoying watching the people pass by after I finished my meal.

Im still on my own world when I felt someone tugging my shirt. I looked at the person and my eyes grew  wide and smiled.

“You’re the kind unnie that accompanied me the other day, right?” she asked me with her innocent eyes.

“Yes, I remembered you.” It was all I could say. Then I noticed she’s alone. “Who are you with? Are you alone again?” I asked.

                She hesitated for a moment. “Yeah, I kind a run away from my baby sitter.”

                “Why do you do that,” I asked her. ”Come on sit down.”

                “I want to find my mom.” She settled herself in front of me.

                I felt sorry for her. She must have been suffering from the absence of her mom.

                “Do you know where your mom is?”

                “Nope.”

                “Okay, you don’t know the whereabouts of your mom. How about any picture or name of her?”

“I don’t know. I just want to find her. My dad won’t tell me.” She said with tears starts to fall.

“Okay, Aleyna please don’t cry. Unnie’s here to accompany you. We will call your dad. He’s probably worried now.” I comforted her. “I’ll buy something you want. Is that okay with you?”

“Thank you unnie. I wish you are my mom,” she said while wiping her tears.

“Now smile because you’re pretty when you smile. And we will contact your dad. Do you have your dad’s contact?”

“I don’t want to call my dad,” she said with her contorted face.

“I’ll just send you home. You can tell me where your house is.” I told her. “But before that we will buy something for you. That will be a gift from me since you make unnie feel happy today.”

She nodded and we went off.

 

 

***

SIWON’S POV

 

                I was at my office at home reading some documents when my daughter burst out from the door which startled me.

                “Dad, look! I found this in the drawer in your room,” she said enthusiastically. She handed me what she’s holding.

                I glanced at what she’ showing me and I was speechless. Words won’t come out from my mouth.

                “Why do you have picture of unnie?” she asked curiously.

                I was confused for a while. Why did she call her unnie? Have they met?

                “Do you know her baby?” I simply asked her.

                “Yes, she was the kind unnie I met in school and yesterday we met again. Don’t be mad at me daddy because I went out yesterday, okay?” she said cutely.

                They already met. She’s here.

                “Daddy, are you mad?” she’s now pouting.

                I recovered from my trance. “No, I won’t be mad.” I sighed for relief that she didn’t asked to why I have her picture. And it’s time for me to take my action on how to get Yoona back and tell her about our daughter.

                Baby, I’m so sorry I am so selfish. Yoona I’m sorry also. I will fight for you.

 

 

***

YOONA'S POV

 

 I was feeling more positive about the evening ahead. It was a beautiful night and I’ve decided to enjoy myself. Later I could return to my boring life. The girls are not with me since they each have priorities since they already have a family of their own. Seeing them with families I felt some familiarity as if I missed something and that I must try to recall.

 

                I sat down at one of the tables and before I knew it, my dinner was finished and I found out I was having a delightful time speaking with a few other guest. I’m not usually mingling with people unless I know them because of my present situation. I was with the dance floor when someone interrupted.

                “May I cut in?”

                Even though the words came out a question, I had no doubt they were a command.  The gentleman I was dancing heard it as well and stepped aside without word. I don’t want to cause a scene and so I allow him. The man was intriguing.

                He has the most piercing eyes I’d ever seen. They were kind of eyes that could penetrate straight into your soul. I would have to be on guard with him.

                Suddenly it clicked who the man was; Choi Siwon. They did a lot of business together with my father.

                My heart was racing. While I was in his arm, the rest of the people and even the room itself seemed to disappear. “I haven’t had someone cut in on a dance. Don’t you see that it is a little overzealous?” I asked raising an eyebrow. “Perhaps I didn’t want to dance with you but didn’t want to cause a scene,” I added.

                “Not at all,” he answered.

                I raised my eyebrows at him questioningly and waited.

                “I don’t anyone to be holding you,” he said with a grin, which left me speechless.

                “I think we should end this dance now,” I stated a bit breathlessly.

                “Our song hasn’t ended yet,” he said. He then brought his head down to my exposed neck, running kisses across my pounding pulse.

If he hadn’t been holding me so closely, my knees would’ve buckled, melting me into a pool at his feet.

                “You need to stop this. People are staring at us,” I whispered self-consciously.

                “Let them stare.”

                Finally the song was over. “Thank you for the dance, Siwon-shi,” I said politely.

                “The pleasure was all mine, Yoong,” he said smiling.

                Yoong? Only my close friends and family would call me that. But I can’t remember being close with him. Are we friends or something? I can’t help but to think.  I felt he is so familiar but all I could remember was his association with my dad in business.

                “Are we friends?” I asked him unconsciously.

                “hmmm… let’s just say we have a history,” he replied with a smirk.

                “What do you mean by that?” I asked puzzled.

                “It’s up to you to figure it out. Once you remember, I will never let you go again. Remember that,” he said solemnly.

                I was more than bewildered to his action and his words. I try to recall something. I felt dizzy. My head was in pain and it hurts like hell. I felt my surrounding spinning. My sight became blurry. I held on to his arms. I felt I would fall any minute.

                “Hey, are you okay? I heard him say. “Yoong… “

                “Someone help my wife! Call an ambulance”