Stubborn

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY six; stubborn


 

A few days after the New Year celebration, I was going to my young aunt’s wedding. She was the youngest in my mom’s family, and finally she was getting married. I wasn’t feeling very well though. My stomach strikes again, the same feeling I’ve been trying to fight: pain. It scrounges like crazy and for the past few days, I’m having trouble with swallowing the food I eat. My hasn’t noticed it and thank God for that. I don’t want her to worry.

“Time to go.” My mom said from door of my room. I looked at her, turning my face from the mirror and nod once. I stood up and brushed my hands on the skirt of my dress. I wasn’t really the girly type, I do wear skirts and I squeal at times of being shocked but there’s something about dresses that I don’t feel comfortable about.

I called Baekhyun on the phone before I leave my room and get busy preparing. “Hello?” he answered.

“I’m going to the wedding,” I paused for a few seconds. “So I might not reply to your messages or answer your calls for a few hours.” I said softly on the phone, weak and feeling the twitches in my stomach.

Baekhyun’s not that insensitive to notice the tone in my voice. “Are you alright?” he asked, sounding worried.

I sighed. No, I’m not. Can you come over? are the words I wanted to tell him but it won’t come out. “I have to go now.” I said, putting the phone down.

It didn’t take long enough, we arrived at the big church and I saw tons of flowers spread in every inch of the venue. It was beautiful. Honestly, I haven’t been in a wedding ever since I was 14 years old and it kind of feels weird to put on a dress as long as this. But I guess I have to get use to it soon. Prom will come in about a month and once I go back to school from the Holidays, they will make a fuss about it and will start with the preparations. It’s all what Dae-mi has talking about since our first month at school. And like I’ve said before, I didn’t attend last year’s prom, so I’ll probably wing the things I would do there.

Going to my seat, people are all staring at me. The guys in tuxedos would turn there heads just to look and the ladies would give a stare from head to toe which gets me nervous. It’s probably the hair or something’s in my face. It’s not as if I’m pretty. Impossible.

Before the wedding starts, everyone else was conversing. I was left there, standing beside my mom while she talks to her old childhood friends. I turn at the opposite side of the church and see a handsome male in a tuxedo, smiling and shaking hands with taller people. My hearts stops, looking at his facial features, I just knew who he was. So many questions began throbbing in my head like Of all people, why him? Why do I have to see him right now? And it is very place?

Surprised, I stared at him too long, long enough for him to suddenly look back. We both shared a moment. His lips parts and my eyes widened and memories began rushing to me like it’s been forever since I last saw him, which felt wrong for me.

“Luhan,” I whisper to myself. Luhan was the man standing there, looking back at me. He saw me mouth his name, looked at the ground and back at me to show me his smile. I smile to myself, thinking that he’s still gorgeous a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter