Jealous

My Best friend, Byun Baekhyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty two;  Jealous


 

    It was nice at first, just laying in bed doing nothing at all, with no people or what so ever to intrude my alone time. My phone played calming songs on the speaker next to me, and I was playing around with my hair, combing it with my fingers and occasionally switching sides on my bed.

   I wasn’t alone but I loved the comforts of my room especially from yesterday’s events where I had to dance, cheer and participate in sporting events, which I was not really fond of. My mom’s probably clanking all over the house, and the smell of toast fluttered around from my room’s door. She’s making breakfast this late so she must’ve known that I’m home and not at school.

   After a while, I reached for the side table near my bed to check up on the time. It was 10:30 am; people at school are probably enjoying the next games and the awarding ceremony afterwards. I don’t know why but I really got lazy when I woke up 3 hours ago, my body felt heavy from the past 2 days of the Sportsfest.

   I stared at the white ceiling of my room, then the window to my left side with opened curtains. It made me squint my eyes, the sun was shining bright but the weather was still cold. Christmas is soon to come and I’ve totally haven’t planned out what to give Baekhyun this year. As soon as I sat up, the music stopped playing. My eyes moved to the speaker, seeing that Jaja was calling on my phone, I had to pick it up. “Hello?”

   “Where are you?” she said without any greeting.

   “I’m at home.” I grunted with a voice that seemed like my sleep was interrupted.
    “Dude,” there was a short pause. “It’s pretty boring here without you. And were you still sleeping?” she sounds like my mother every time I wake up late.

   “Heh, I wasn’t sleeping. It’s just my morning voice.” A small smile crept on my face.

   Before Jaja could say another word, I heard someone from the background saying “Give me that.” And it was a male’s voice. I was certain it was he, I could tell by his annoyed voice. “Where the hell are you?” he sounds upset. I couldn’t help my smile, it just had to be there when I hear his voice.

   “Good morning to you, Baekhyun.” I giggled in between the pause. Messing with him was one of my hobbies even before I liked him. It was something I wanted to bring back in our relationship now that we’re in the dating status. “I’m going crazy here. Go take a bath and come over here.” He demanded.

   I laid my back on the pillows, listening to his every word. “But eh, I don’t feel like it.” I said with a very lazy tone. He breathed heavily once I was infuriating him. “C’mon jagiya, I miss you.” My face went blank and my mouth formed a little circle. I blushed at his words, I wasn’t denying. “I’ll think about it.” Again, I was messing with him and hung up.

   I flopped my phone on my bed and stood up, happily. He was a motivation, he was all I needed to get up from those sheets and I couldn’t possibly wait to see him.

 

***

   The rest of the day was very boring for the others, I could see through their looks. They were obviously tired and so was Baekhyun. He was also upset because of the silver medal he received. It wasn’t enough for him, he exaggerates that it may have a big effect on his P.E. grade and of course, I tried my best to comfort him. He did try his best and that’s good enough for the teacher to see and give him the grade he deserves.

   It was 6pm and Baekhyun and I were still at school, in the bleachers of the fields, staring up at the grey sky where the stars were almost shining, the moon almost appearing and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter