Chapter 8

Heartbreaker

The next morning, everyone woke up sleepy.

Yoseob didn't feel like going  to school, not after his great trip with Kikwang.
He was afraid to admit it, but he was scared.

He was scared that Kikwang would act differently towards him once they would be at school again.  Maybe he would ignore him or act cold and distant.

Just thinking about it made him sick to the stomach.

Oh well, he would find out soon enough, he got dressed, ate nothing this time and left for school. He couldn't shake off the nervous feeling he had.

To his surprise, Kikwang wasn't on the bus that morning. He was disappointed and he even felt more nervous now. The ride to school was long without Kikwang by his side.

When he finally arrived after what seemed like an eternity, he quickly got out of the bus.

His day was immediately better when he saw Dongwoon and Hyunseung waiting for him at their usual spot. A small smile appeared onto his face as he walked over to his friends.

"Hey, ready for school." Dongwoon asked, cheerful as always.

"No, not really." Yoseob answered.

"I'm not either." Hyunseung groaned, wishing he could just go sleep a while longer.

Yoseob chucked. He already felt a lot better.

During the break, Hyunseung would go talk to Junhyung, see what he could find out about Kikwang.

The bell rang and forced the boys to go to their first class.
Kikwang, Doojoon and Junhyung had another class.

Yoseob was starting to get a little worried, that he hadn't seen Kikwang yet.
He missed him and he didn't want to admit it, but he was a little bit lost without him.

After the first class, they saw  each other in the hallway.
Doojoon smiled immediately after seeing Dongwoon, he greeted him and gave him a peck on the cheek.
Dongwoon was surprised at his reaction to seeing him.

Junhyung smiled sweetly at Hyunseung, took his hand and placed a soft kiss atop of it.
Hyunseung smiled brightly.

And Yoseob held in his breath for Kikwang's reaction. Kikwang smiled at him, before placing a kiss onto his lips.
Then Yoseob felt Kikwang's hand brush slightly against his own.

Yoseob felt relief wash over him, Kikwang still liked him! He was very happy that he saw Kikwang again.

Now nothing could go wrong, at least, not something about Kikwang, Yoseob now knew.

Then they walked to their next class, all six of them cheerful because they saw their boys back.

After a few more boring classes, the bell finally announced it was time for the break.

Dongwoon, Yoseob and Hyunseung looked for a bench to sit on, Dongwoon and Yoseob talked a little and Hyunseung decided to go talk to Junhyung.

He had been looking forward to it all night, he even thought up some lines to say.
And when he saw Junhyung walking by alone, he decided it was time.

He got up, and was followed by two pair of confused eyes.

"I'll be right back, I have to talk to Junhyung for a minute." Hyunseung explained, hoping for no more further questions.
Although Yoseob and Dongwoon were very curious, they decided not to interfere.
Hyunseung would tell them when he wanted too.

He quickly walked towards him, surprising him with a tap on his shoulder.
"Hi, could I talk to you for a second, alone?" He asked immediately getting to the point.

Junhyung smiled. "Sure babe, we can be alone anytime you want." He replied seductively.

Hyunseung gave him a playful push and they searched a quiet spot to talk.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Junhyung asked curiously.

Hyunseung took a deep breath. "well, it's about Kikwang." He started.

Junhyung looked surprised with a hint of jealousy hidden in his eyes.

"Well, Yoseob thinks Kikwang likes him, and I want to know if he's serious or not, because Yoseob really likes Kikwang." He said.

Junhyung sighed, he was a little relieved but he didn't knew what to say.

"And Junhyung, please be honest." He said, looking him deep in the eyes.

Junhyung sighed again. He had to tell the truth, for Hyunseung.

"Kikwang made a bet, that he could break Yoseob's heart,"

Hyunseung's eyes widened at the information.

"But I don't know it it's serious now or not." He quickly added after seeing Hyunseung's shocked expression.

He softly caressed  Hyunseung's check.

"You know I would never hurt you like that." He said quietly.

Hyunseung blushed at his sweet 'confession'.
But Yoseob was more important now, so he gently pushed his hand away, looking down.

"I believe you, but I'm still disappointed." Hyunseung said calmly.

Junhyung was worried, he didn't want Hyunseung to be angry, he would do anything to make it right.

"You and Doojoon are his best friends, you are supposed to get such ideas out of his head and not encourage it by making stupid bets." Hyunseung answered sounding more angry now.

"Do you have any idea what it's like to get you heart broken or being played with your feelings?" He asked him looking right at him, he looked so sad suddenly.

Junhyung felt guilty, he wanted to take away all the pain Hyunseung had ever experienced.
"I'm sorry." He said sincerely.

He wanted to say so many things to make him happy, but he couldn't  find the words.
Then Hyunseung shook his head, got up and left.

Junhyung tried to run after him, apologizing, asking for forgiveness.

Hyunseung sighed. "Not now Junhyung, I'll see you around, okay?" He said, giving a weak smile before leaving.

Junhyung stayed behind, lost.
He didn't know what to do at all. He just went back to his friends hoping he kept his stupid mouth shut.

Hyunseung went back to Yoseob and Dongwoon. He had to tell Yoseob, he had the right to know.

The two boys already sensed something was very wrong, Hyunseung's serious, sad look didn't predict any good.

"Yoseob, I have something to tell you." He said quietly, fidgeting with his bracelet.

Yoseob felt sick to his stomach, oh no! What could it be, please not about Kikwang, please not, he thought.

Dongwoon softly took Yoseob's hand, he already knew it was about Kikwang.

"Kikwang made a bet that he could break your heart, so I don't think he meant it. I'm sorry." He said pulling him into a deep hug.

Yoseob felt like the ground disappearing from underneath his feet, how could he do this to him?

He slowly escaped from his friends grasp and started walking towards Kikwang.
With  every step he thought he was going to faint or die, but he was strong, he would tell him what he felt, he would show him what he lost.

Hyunseung and Dongwoon walked a little behind him, they decided to let Yoseob deal with it his own way, they would comfort him later.

Kikwang saw Yoseob coming his way, he smiled sweetly at him.

*Slap* Yoseob punched Kikwang right in his face.

Kikwang stumbled back, looking shocked. "Yoseob, what's wrong?" He asked worried, holding his cheek.

Yoseob chuckled. "What's wrong? You're what's wrong, you and you're stupid bet!" Yoseob yelled, not caring a crowd was forming.

Kikwang gulped, how did he find out? "Yoseob, I'm.." He tried.

"You're what? Sorry? How can you play with people their feelings like that? I thought you meant it." Yoseob said, the anger was replaced by sadness.

Kikwang looked into his eyes who were always shining so brightly. Now tears were forming, glistening but miraculously not falling.

Yoseob wouldn't cry, not in front of him. He bit his lip till it bled so he wouldn't cry.

"But I did meant it, I really do." Kikwang said raising his voice, his body was overflowing with guilt.

Yoseob shook his head. "It was real to me, and by the way, congratulations on winning your bet." He said with a smothered voice from the upcoming tears, then he walked away.

Kikwang knew he was supposed to be happy like he always was. He had won his bet and he broke Yoseob's heart.

But he felt miserable, he realized that Yoseob meant a lot to him, but it was too late. He had lost him.

He was determined to get him back, even if it would took him forever.

Then Hyunseung slapped him across his face as hard as he could.
"That's for hurting Yoseob." He said angrily.

Dongwoon didn't knew what to do, he was still overwhelmed by the sudden news.
Somehow he couldn't be angry at Doojoon for all this, it was Kikwang's fault and partly Yoseob's for falling for him.

He didn't knew it he could talk to Doojoon, he thought Hyunseung wanted to break contact with all three of them, but Dongwoon liked Doojoon.

He raised his head, seeing Doojoon looking at him. He had an apologetic look on his face and he mouthed the words: "I'm sorry."

Dongwoon walked up to him quickly. "I know, it's not your fault, you can't do anything about this. We'll fix  Yoseob up, you talk to Kikwang and we'll try to make this right together." Dongwoon said while looking into Doojoon's affectionate eyes.

He softly tangled his fingers into Doojoon's.
"If we want to make this work between us, we can't have a world war going on between our friends." Dongwoon said, laughing a little.

Doojoon nodded, tightening his grip on Dongwoon's hand.
"I know, I'll do everything I can."
Dongwoon nodded back, then he started to go after his friends.

"Oh and Dongwoon?" Doojoon yelled after him.

Dongwoon turned around? "Yes?"

"I love you." Doojoon said.

Dongwoon smiled brightly. "I love you too." Then he quickly followed Hyunseung and  Yoseob.

Hyunseung was comforting Yoseob, who couldn't stop the tears from falling any longer.
Dongwoon hugged both of them.

"Let 's get you home." Hyunseung said.

They left school, lying that they were ill and took the bus, Yoseob didn't want to call his parents since they were both at work.

A little later, they arrived at Yoseob's house. The boys looked around a little before going to Yoseob's bedroom.

"It's a little messy." He said with a faint smile.

They tucked Yoseob in and sang him to sleep, with tears still in his eyes and a small smile on his lips, he fell asleep.

Hyunseung sighed. He hoped to hear from Junhyung soon, he didn't mean to get all angry on him.

Dongwoon was determined to fix this, for Yoseob, for his friends relationship and for him and Doojoon.