Chapter 3

Heartbreaker

After school Yoseob’s parents picked him up for the last time, the next day he would start going by bus.

Hyunseung was slightly worried. He wasn’t sure but he thought Kikwang took the same bus, hopefully Kikwang wouldn’t bother him.

“So, see you tomorrow!” Yoseob said happily to his best friends.

They said their goodbye’s and shared quick hugs.

Hyunseung waited for Yoseob to be gone before he looked at Dongwoon seriously.

“So, what’s up? What did you have to tell me?” Dongwoon asked.

“Well, let’s go sit down for a while.” Hyunseung said.
So they sat down on a bench near the school for a second.

“Well, Junhyung came on to me in the toilet and he said that Kikwang kind of likes Yoseob and he started to ask me all kind of questions about him, for Kikwang.” Hyunseung said.

“Oh no, you didn’t answer, did you?” Dongwoon asked, he was surprised by the news.

“Well, I didn’t tell much.” He said quietly before lowering his head.

“Oh you!” Dongwoon gave him a playful push.

“I’m sorry, he was just so persuasive, I couldn’t say no.” Hyunseung whined, trying to explain himself.

Dongwoon smiled. “It’s okay, I would have told Doojoon too if he came on to me persuasively.” He said dreaming of a little.

Hyunseung giggled but decided not to comment on Dongwoon’s little confession.

“But I told him Yoseob doesn’t like players though, so hopefully he’ll back off.” Hyunseung added.

Dongwoon shook his head. “We both know he won’t, let’s hope Yoseob turns him down.”
Hyunseung nodded.

“We’ll see, but we’ll try to protect him, won’t we?” He asked Dongwoon.

“Of course, come on, it’s time to go home.” Dongwoon said, getting up.

“Yeah, you’re right, let’s go.” Hyunseung said getting up too.

They said their goodbye’s and each went their separate ways.

Dongwoon crossed the street to wait at his bus stop.

Suddenly he felt a hand softly touching his shoulder.
The hand belonged to no one else but Doojoon.

Dongwoon ignored the fluttering feeling inside his stomach. “Oh hi, Doojoon. What are you doing here?” He asked.

Doojoon smiled. “The same as you, waiting for the bus.”

Dongwoon tried to think if there was any other time he had taken the same bus, he couldn’t remember at all. Doojoon saw him thinking.

“Normally, I take a bus later because I hang out with Kikwang and Junhyung, but today Junhyung had to be home earlier, and it’s less fun without him.” He said, like he could read Dongwoon’s thoughts.

“Oh okay.” Dongwoon smiled hoping Junhyung would have to get home early, a little more in the future.

“So, it’s your lucky day today, you’re stuck with me.” Doojoon said and winked sweetly.

Dongwoon was so mesmerized, he didn’t even notice the bus arriving.

“Come on, sit with me.” Doojoon smiled before hopping onto the bus.

Dongwoon experienced his best bus ride ever. They talked about different subjects.

Dongwoon thought he could talk to Doojoon for days, he just felt so comfortable with him. He wished he would never have to get off the bus.

But unfortunaly for Dongwoon, Doojoon had to get off.

Dongwoon tried to hide his disappointment, it worked, although Doojoon noticed the falter from his face. “So, I see you tomorrow babe.” He said while getting up, making his way to the exit. Before he got off, he turned around and gave him a perfect smile.

Dongwoon swore that smile could make him melt.

That night, Hyunseung dreamt about a seductive Junhyung pinning him against the wall, Yoseob dreamt about a shirtless Kwangie that smiled at him throughout his dream and Dongwoon dreamt about Doojoon and his smile.

They all awoke blushing, trying to hide the feelings that were slowly, but surely developing.

After getting up, Yoseob walked to the bus stop near his house. When he got up, he searched a quiet place in the back.

A few bus stops later, no one less than Kikwang got up. He noticed a cute boy sitting all by himself in the back.
He decided that it was time for him and Yoseob to get acquainted. He wanted to know more about him.

He didn’t get it, what was so special about this boy? He couldn’t even believe that he had to think about him the previous night. He kept seeing Yoseob’s sweet smile. He had never been so sure about getting closer to someone before, as now. Yoseob was his.

He walked through the bus, ignoring the admirable and flirting looks that were given to him.

He walked over to Yoseob, who was dozing off against the window.

“Hey, is this seat taken?” He asked sweetly, waking Yoseob up from dreamland again.

“Uh, no of course not.” Yoseob said quickly looking down. His heart was racing in his chest. ‘Oh my god! The hottest guy in school is sitting right next to me.!’ He thought, he breathed steadily, making himself calm down, he couldn’t blew it, again.

“So, what’s up?” Kikwang asked looking into his eyes.

“Not much, with you?” Yoseob replied, looking back. His eyes are so beautiful, he thought.

“Nothing either.” Kikwang replied. “So, what’s your name? Mine’s Lee Kikwang, but you probably know my name already.” He continued.

“I’m Yang Yoseob and yes, I did.’ Yoseob answered smiling.

“That’s a cute name, just like you.” He said sweetly.

Yoseob blushed a little, was he flirting with him? That guy had nerve, he sat next to him for like what? Six minutes? And he was already giving compliments. Not that Yoseob minded, of couse.

“Thank you.” He said smiling.

“So, I noticed you hang out with Hyunseung and Dongwoon? My best friends sort of befriend them too.” Kikwang said.

“Yes, they’re very nice. I’m happy I’m moved here.” Yoseob admitted.

Kikwang secretly hoped he would become the main reason for that.
“That’s nice to hear, hey maybe we could hang out sometime? I could show you around town a little.” Kikwang suggested, smiling brightly.

Yoseob felt his heart flutter a little, his friends may have warned him for Kikwang, but he was kind of asking him out, so why refuse?

“Yeah, sure.” He replied smiling.

Kikwang smiled back. A bit later they arrived at school. Kikwang and Yoseob got off together.

“So, I’ll see you later cutie.”

Yoseob nodded.

He walked up to Hyunseung and Dongwoon with a big smile. Hyunseung and Dongwoon shared a quick worried glance. They wouldn’t let Kikwang hurt Yoseob.

Dongwoon and Yoseob told each other a little about their heavenly bus rides. Hyunseung shook his head. “You guys are so in love.” He said playfully.

Dongwoon and Yoseob immediately protested.

“No of course not!” why do you think that? They’re just hot.” They said after each other.

Hyunseung giggled. “I’m just joking, you don’t need to get all defensive.” He teased.

Yoseob huffed. “Yeah sure, what about you and Junhyung?”

Dongwoon chimed in. “Yeah, you’re in love!” He teased.

Hyunseung frowned. “It’s time for class, let’s go.”

“No need to get defensive.” Yoseob joked earning a high five from Dongwoon.

The three boys giggled while walking to their class.

Meanwhile Kikwang went to Junhyung and Doojoon.

“Yo Kwangie, I saw you with Yoseob this morning!” Junhyung said while winked suggestively.

“Yeah, we talked a little, he’s really cute, I think he’s already warming up to me.” Kikwang said.

Doojoon smiled, he didn’t understand how Kikwang could wrap everyone around his finger in no time.

Kikwang smiled to himself, there was something about Yoseob, but what?

He didn’t know. But he decided to push that aside for now, more important was that the first step of his plan of winning Yoseob’s heart was completed.