-9-

Wired

Seung Ho

"A girlfriend? Whatever happened to the dream of becoming a conqueror of women?" Dong Won asked.

I looked up from my drink, surprised he even knew that. "For three years I've been living like this. I've been playing the heartbreaker and I need a change."

Dong Won nodded and took a sip of his drink, listening with a blank expression to my recounting of my years of tormenting women's hearts, but inside, I was a bit surprised; I had always known that I wanted something different but with the recent changes, I had never excepted myself to want to have someone close to me.

"I suppose I was wrong about you-" Dong Won said loudly.

Mid-sentence, I interrupted, "Do you have anyone in mind?"

It wasn't exactly a question or a sneer; it was simply a statement. Dong Won nodded and sighed, setting down his drink. I watched and waited, looking inside my cup.

Finally, he opened his mouth and smirked. "There's that one girl. That girl that was with you that one time. The really  pretty one, you know?"

I nodded; I had known he'd bring her up. He hadn't paid much attention to women lately; A year and a half had passed, and I had passed the year away with playing with women and getting work done.

"Yeah. But in reality, I don't think she would want somebody like me. No sensible woman would want someone like me." I pushed away my drink, and looked around at the bar. When I looked back at Dong Won, his eyes were casted elsewhere. I followed his gaze to a young lady, lounging in a small corner of the bar, with her eyes wondering. I could clearly see the tears glistening in her eyes as she tried to maintain her calm composure.

"She got stood up," Dong Won declared, tearing his eyes away.

"So about that girl, you should totally go for her. She looks really easy. She won't be that hard to conquer, Seung Ho." He said.

I nodded my head and tried to keep my face stiff, so not to discourage him; strangely enough, I didn't want to hear the rest of what he was saying. Always ready for the next onslaught, the next wave of death and pleasure. Before I could finish my thought, Dong Won's voice drew me back to the conversation.

"I mean, think about it, Seung Ho. You're about to make the largest amount of money with that deal that you struck with that Jo girl. You'll make a fortune and you need to keep up that image of being a real hardened guy," Dong Won gulped and took a swig of his drink before continuing.

"Don't you want to continue adding to your collection of women who've handed you their v-card? You need to seriously make your move before it's too late"

I looked at him, a bit shocked and somewhat mortified at the idea of it all. How could Dong Won put Eun Ji in that category, of all things.

"Eun Ji is just not anyone you can talk about like that. She's a special one who will have her own special category that I, Seung Ho, will put her in," I stated, with a slight smirk. In all honesty, the only reason why I even hang around Eun Ji is for the sole purpose of eventually snatching away her ity. Nothing less and nothing more than that.

Dong Won gasped, clutching his chest.

He glanced at me and burst into a fit of laughter, utterly amused by my declaration.

"Good...good for you, Seung Ho. I knew that you didn't mean to follow that bull nonsense that you said a while ago. I wish you luck with her and I hope to hear nothing but good news come out of it," He quickly replied, glancing over at the young lady.

I glanced down at floor, feeling overwhelmed and stupid by his sudden outburst of emotion. Dong Won abruptly turned around, straightened up, and cleared his throat. "Well if you don't mind, there's a sad lady calling my name. I'll catch up with you later, Seung Ho," He got up, threw me his famous cocky smile, and left. Heading for the crying lady. I threw him an incredulous look.

"I could have had so much better controlling my mouth." I hissed under my breath, mentally smacking myself. I took out my wallet, threw some money on the table, and left. I felt slightly agitated at my behavior with Dong Won. I pulled my coat tightly around me as I walked the short walk to my car.

I took out the car's remote and unlocked it. Getting in, I strapped on my seat belt and the car. I shut my eyes and leaned back in the seat, inhaling the sweet fragrance wafting through the air. The alcohol had began taking its affect.

I opened the window and looked out at the night sky. The moon was high and bright, cozily seated between two clouds,with the stars dancing amongst the clouds. I let out a yawn,suddenly feeling the need to sleep.

I sat up and shifted the car into drive. I did not feel like picking up Eun Ji today, or dealing with anyone right now.

I drummed my fingers against the steering wheel, humming to the song wafting through the air. As I drove down the empty roads, the sudden thought of Eun Ji popped up in my head.

Eun Ji shouldn't be that hard of a target, considering her fragile mind and lack of experience. So she shouldn't be so hard to deal with.

A smirk fell upon my face and just as quickly, it disappeared.

Playing with Eun Ji and keeping my personal emotions intact should be easy enough, shouldn't it?