-6-

Wired

Awkward- Craig David

°Eun Ji°

I sat at my desk, typing away the last of the sentence. I stopped momentarily, stretched and looked away from the computer screen. Taking my reading glasses off, I quickly saved the document and sighed. Today was going to be another busy long day.

Setting the glasses on the surface of the glass desk, I pushed back the desk chair and grabbed the folder with the ceo's daily schedule. I walked to her office and politely knocked on her door. I allowed myself in after hearing her response from behind the door. Closing the door behind me, I approached her with the folder in hand. She sat at her desk with her eyes glued to her computer screen. Her hair was a rich shade of charcoal with her eyes, framed by long lashes, which were a dark shade of hazel brown eyes, shutting out the world with her cold stare. I had only been working here for four months and still knew nothing about her. I had been given very little information about her and that was it. I was only filled in on what her early occupation was before taking over her father's company, her name being Sandrine Jo, and that she was French-Korean, hence her Euroasian features. After working as her personal secretary for the last four months, I had come to the conclusion that she was most likely not loved while growing up, therefore creating a cold person.

I snapped out of my little trance in time to catch her giving me an odd stare as if waiting for me to do something. Right then I remembered what I had come here to do. I took the folder and placed it on the desk.

"Ms. Jo, this is your schedule for the day," I said, staring down at the ground.

I looked up and watched as Ms. Jo closed the folder, grabbed her electronic tablet, and got up. "I have a meeting this morning", She said coldly as she headed for the door. As usual, I took the available tablet and followed closely behind as we exited her office. We walked down the hallway heading to the elevator. We got on and I pressed number 10, where the meeting was going to be held. When we got to our floor, Ms. Jo led the way down to the meeting room. I quickly went up front and opened the door, allowing her in first. I silently closed the door behind me and  turned around, taking everything and everyone in. A round oval desk sat in the center with important people sitting all around it. Up front, there were two chairs, one obviously belonging to Ms. Jo and the other for an unknown person who would talk over a proposal presented by our company, Jo International.

I bowed towards the people and processed to walk to my chair, which was located all the way at the far left of Ms. Jo's chair.

I took my seat and the tablet, ready to take notes. I peered down at the screen, looking at all the applications and tools that were in the tablet. I was too occupied to hear the new person enter the room because the next thing I heard was that a person who goes by Mr. Yoo was being introduced by Ms.Jo. Mr.Yoo was apparently the largest share-holder for our company, and a person who's family had invested greatly to Jo International.

"I want to inform you all that Mr. Yoo has given his full promise in helping us with the financial cost of building the Chosam Resort." Ms. Jo said and I looked up just in time to see her crack a warm smile at this Mr. Yoo.

"Yes Ms. Jo, thank you for the warm introduction." He responded. My head shot up, trying to remember where I've heard that voice before. When Ms. Jo sat down, finally allowing me to see this Mr. Yoo, I let out a slight gasp as I saw Seung Ho standing there. I watched on as he nodded his head, planting his palm flat on the table as he sat down.

The meeting began and I began doing my usual thing, occasionally sneaking peeks at Seung Ho. After the meeting was over and everything was said, Ms. Jo closed the meeting.

"Thank you everyone for attending today. And thank you Mr.Yoo for today," She nodded her head and smiled brightly at him. I stared at Ms. Jo in shock, seeing her crack a smile.

She grinned and bowed, officially closing the meeting. They all got up and began moving around. I watched as some mingled with each other, while others headed for the door.

I got up and stood in my little corner, observing Seung Ho and Ms. Jo.

I sighed, tilting my head back. I turned off the tablet and sighed before beginning my walk towards Seung Ho and Ms. Jo. As I got closer, I was able to make out what they saying.

"Mr. Yoo, thank you so much for atten-" Ms. Jo suddenly as I stood next to her.  She stopped talking and  turned toward me.

I kept a straight face and stared down at the ground. It had been 10 months and it was my first time seeing Seung Ho again.

"Ah did you manage to get everything written down?" Ms. Jo asked, smirking a little.

 "Yes I did" I answered, not making eye contact. I snunck a peek at Seung Ho and caught him looking me up and down. I watched as he quickly glanced away, clearing his throat.

"Alright, Eun Ji I would like you to meet Mr. Yoo, our new partner in building the resort" She introduced, giving me a glare. I honestly do not know why she dislikes me so much.
 
"Hello Mr. Yoo" I said hesitately, looking up at him.
 
"Nice to meet you, Eun Ji"  He said it so smoothly, looking at me like he's never seen me before. I nodded my head and let out a smile.
 
I wonder what his relationship is with Ms. Jo.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'll edit it tomorrow.