8

Just Another Song

 

 

"I'm okay now. Please, just allow me to go home. I can rest there," Dara told her manager and the nurses. She was unconscious for 30 minutes because of anxiety, as the doctors have put it. She, her manager and other YG staff have been staying at the hospital for more than an hour already, making sure that Dara will soon feel better and that the incident will not appear in the media. As Dara continued to convince them that she was okay, the staff were just waiting for confirmation if she could be discharged from the hospital on that same night.

 

Dara's co-members were not able to follow her to the hospital because their staff were afraid that the incident will be shown in the news, so they just bombarded her with messages on her phone saying that their unnie should get well sooner. However, Seungri followed their staff to know what happened to his noona some minutes after the show. He, too, wanted to make sure that Dara was alright after the unexpected incident at the dressing room.

 

"Seungri-ya!" Dara exclaimed as Seungri entered her room, "you're here! Please tell the nurses that I'm okay now and I can go home."

 

"Noona, you still look pale," he said.

 

"But I swear, I'm feeling better. I looked paler yesterday than today, right?" Dara asked. Seungri just smiled. He was happy that his noona is back in her graceful spirits, at least.

 

"The staff are just waiting for the doctor's confirmation. I'm pretty sure you'll get discharged tonight," Seungri said. Dara smiled brightly when she heard it from Seungri. She acted like nothing happened before she passed out. She didn't want anyone to see that she is still worrying.

 

The doctor and the staff came to Dara's room and told her the good news that she will be going home as long as she promised that she will take her medicines on time and that she will return there for a full check-up after her schedules. She happily agreed, got up from her bed with the help of her manager, and thanked everyone for their assistance for the night. She also thanked Seungri for being a supportive and thoughtful dongsaeng. "Seungri-ya, thank you for coming today," she said and hugged him. She let go of her hug because she felt Seungri's phone vibrating in his pocket and said, "Oh, I think someone is calling you. Anyway, thank you again, Seungri-ya. Drive home safely, okay? I will go now."

 

"Yes noona, you too. Sleep early and stop worrying," he said.

 

"I will. Annyeong!" Dara waved goodbye and got inside the car. Seungri checked his phone just after Dara's car left. He got 7 missed calls from Jiyong. He didn't call him back and instead, he left him a message which says, "Hyung, she's coming home now. She had an anxiety attack that's why she collapsed. Don't worry anymore. One more thing hyung, this is the last time I'm doing you this kind of favor." After sending the message, he went to his car and left the hospital.

 

*******

 

The next day, Dara still went to YG to rehearse even if she was told to just rest at home. She needed to rehearse and get back on track because they will perform a different stage for MBC Gayo Daejun on New Year's Eve. According to the plan, 2NE1 will perform I Love You and 1,2,3,4 with Lee Hi, and then they will appear at the second stage with Big Bang before Fantastic Baby ends. Despite everything that had happened the day before, Dara still pursued with the plan for the sake of giving entertainment to the supporters of YG Family. It's just work anyway, she thought.

 

Bom has been helping Dara in distracting her so that the latter won't worry nor think too much. So far, she was doing well in it because Dara seemed to have revived her joyful self while rehearsing with Bom. In the afternoon, the girls will be rehearsing the assigned songs and the choreography at the dance hall... with Big Bang watching them while waiting for their turn. Upon knowing this, Bom side-eyed Dara just to see her reaction. Dara was not stoic with the news at all; in fact, she remained cheerful because she knows that it is just part of their work, besides, she and Jiyong are in the same company.

 

The girls were already starting to learn Hi's choreography when TOP, Daesung and Seungri entered the room. The others wondered where Taeyang and Jiyong might have been, but they did not bother asking because they were busy rehearsing and they did not want things to feel awkward. The boys sat at the other end of the hall watching the girls. The other two were still out of sight until the girls finished their practice.

 

*******

 

"Jiyong, are you alright?" His best friend, Taeyang, asked when he entered GD's recording room. He just nodded.

 

"Bro, I know you're not. Come on, tell me. I'm your best friend. You can confide on me," Taeyang insisted.

 

Jiyong shook his head and said, "I don't know, man. I don't know what to feel right now. Everything is so complicated."

 

"Why should it still be complicated when you already made a choice? You chose Kiko. Why is it still hard for you?"

 

"I don't want to see Dara in that state."

 

"But man, you know you can't avoid that because we're working in the same company. And again, you made your choice. Are you regretting it now?" Jiyong remained silent because he did not know how to answer that question. He knew to himself that he loves both women, but he chose Kiko over Dara. He had a reason that he couldn't tell to anybody. A reason that he couldn't admit even to himself. A reason that will surely hurt the other more than the other.

 

Jiyong started, "You know Youngbae, that was the most difficult decision I ever made--giving up Dara. But our relationship has to end. She will hurt more if we still continue it and I don't want that to happen. I care for her a lot, even up to now. But I must control myself from showing it because Kiko will get hurt and I don't want to happen that, too, because I care for her too. See how difficult that is?"

 

Youngbae just patted Jiyong at his shoulders while they were both sitting on the floor. The latter continued, "I am a man of my words. I have to face everything since I was the one who started the problem."

 

"Don't worry, bro. I'm with you no matter what. We're best friends after all," Youngbae said. He stayed with Jiyong in the recording room trying to write some songs to pass the time, until Daesung came and told them that the girls' rehearsals were already finished.

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Hi guys. I was on hiatus that's why this update took so long to be posted. Lots of things happened in the last few months. Anyway, thank you to my old and new subscribers! ^_^ As I always say, please continue to anticipate!

I have lots of Daragon issues at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't affect how I write this fanfic since I mentioned before that I already know how I'll end this. 

Let's all remain happy and positive!

Hengsho~!

 

~S

P.S. I mentioned before that I'm planning to write a different DG fanfic. I find it hard to write it since my prologue doesn't flow well. Should I still continue it?

P.S.S. Thank you Trysha for the poster! <3