6

Just Another Song

It was finally the performance day for SBS Gayo Daejun. The YG artists and performers were busy preparing for the rehearsals and the main performance. Dara still looked pale because of her physical condition the day before, but she felt better after taking enough rest. I must endure everything today, physically and emotionally, she thought.

 

All the KPop artists rehearsed according to the program schedule. 2NE1 will perform at the first part, while Bigbang will perform at the second part. When 2NE1 just finished rehearsing, they passed by Bigbang’s dressing room to greet everyone, except for Dara. She excused herself not only because she still felt physically weak, but also because of Jiyong. She did not know if she could stand seeing Jiyong the whole night and performing with him later on, so she just went back to 2NE1’s dressing room.

 

As she reached their dressing room, she was surprised seeing Jiyong there. All of her elusions became nothing upon seeing him. She thought that he was staying at Bigbang’s dressing room, but no, he was in 2NE1’s dressing room, looking at the beauty of the flowers given by the fans.

 

“Ah, here,” she heard him whisper after finding Dara’s basket of flowers. Will I still see you bloom as much as these flowers bloom? He thought.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked. He suddenly faced her.

 

“I just need to talk to you,” he said calmly, but still looking guilty.

 

“Jiyong, we already talked and yes, I’m still doing it,” she said.

 

“It’s not about that,” he said, while walking towards her.

 

“Then, what is it this time?” Dara asked.

 

“It is about us,” he said. He tried to reach for her hand, but she refused.

 

“Jiyong, please, let’s stop this. We’re over now,” she said, while looking at the floor, avoiding Jiyong’s gazes.

 

“Darong…” She suddenly lifted up her face upon hearing him say Darong. It was his nickname for her when they were still together.

 

Dara would have replied Jiyongie, her nickname for him, but she controlled herself. She would no longer want to feel that pain she experienced after breaking up with him.

 

“Ji, just please, stop,” she said in a serious tone.

 

Jiyong started walking towards the door to go back to their dressing room without saying any word. In a short while, he paused and looked back at Dara who was still standing. He walked back towards her and hugged her from behind. He whispered, “All I really want to do now is to hug you. It may not make you feel better, but I just hope that it will make you feel comfortable when you perform with me tonight. Just like before.”

 

After saying those words, Jiyong let go of his hug and walked away, leaving Dara behind, startled.

 

*******

 

SBS Gayo Daejun finally started. Dara was still nervous about what would happen that night. Even though she kept telling herself that she knows what she will do, the thought of being with the same stage as Jiyong made her heart beat faster. How will I look directly in his eyes without being too serious? She thought. Then, they were finally called out to perform on stage.

 

Similar to the rehearsal, Dara poured out her heart in their “I Love You” performance because the lyrics spoke for her. Aside from the fact that she missed performing, she was feeling that she needed to let out her negative emotions through this performance, which she did and turned out well.

 

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_SWCYlHzPg

 

As they headed back to the dressing room to refresh after a splendid performance, she peeked at Bigbang’s dressing room and saw Jiyong holding his phone, silent and serious. She guessed that he, too, was nervous for their stage.

 

 

*******

 

This is it. I must do it. It’s now or never. I promise myself this will be my last performance with him on stage. Things will never be the same. ‘Lollipop’ and ‘Hello’ days are over. Like anyone else who got his or her heart broken, I, too, must move on. Here goes nothing.

 

Those were Dara’s thoughts before re-entering the hall. As planned, she would come from the audience and if GD started singing “Crayon”, she would enter the stage, act a bit, and then exit. Physically easy, emotionally hard.

 

Here comes nothing, she thought.

 

Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ivjVqikkoo

 

*******

 

She felt a bit relieved after her appearance. It was finally over. She was now free.

 

When the show ended, Dara and the staff were preparing their things so they could go home. It had been a really long day for everyone. They also needed to rest as much as they can because they still have rehearsals the next day, this time, for MBC Gayo Daejun on New Year’s Eve.

 

As Dara was packing her things, she heard her phone beep. It was a Twitter notification. GD tweeted him. (A/N: This is the screencap of their conversation. See translations at this link.)

 

 

Bom was glaring at her when she noticed that Dara was suddenly in a good mood. She asked, “Dara-ya, what is it? Why do you look so happy all of a sudden?”

 

“It was nothing, Bommie,” she said while still looking happily on her phone.

 

“How are you after the performance?” Bom asked.

 

“I’m good, I guess,” she answered.

 

“I thought…” Bom tried to say something about Dara’s sudden mood swings until she stopped her and said, “Let’s not talk about it tonight, please. I’m okay.” Dara smiled and pat Bom’s shoulder, the latter confused.

 

Dara felt lighter after the Twitter conversation. Even though it was just “for show”, she looked at it as a starter that she and Jiyong could still be friends. But will they?

 

The door of the dressing room suddenly opened, everyone was shocked. A lean girl with a short hair entered the room and approached Dara happily. She was startled as the girl embraced her. She heard her whisper, “Thank you. Thank you for protecting us.

 

It was her. The rival.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------

A/N: Hi guys. After 5145154684615156 years, here is the update. I'm leaving you with that for a moment. :)

Thank you for reading! Please continue to anticipate this story. :)