4

Just Another Song

The next day was a typical day for Dara. Although she was feeling sick, she needed to rehearse for the upcoming Gayo Daejun performances. She did not want to disappoint her fans, especially since it had been a long time after they last see 2NE1 perform. So, she strived to wake up and prepare for the day. She strived to go to YG building, even if there were lots of chances to encounter Jiyong.

 

Dara entered the dance practice hall weakly. She placed her bag on the corner as Minzy offered her a seat. The little things that their maknae do always make her feel delighted although she has been carrying a burden in her heart. A simple yet sweet gesture always works, she thought.

 

Before beginning the practice, the choreographer assured if Dara could still move. He said that it is okay if she could not move as graceful as she always is; but she must make sure that she would do her best in the actual performance. She agreed, and then they started practicing.

 

In the middle of their 4th practice, they heard sounds at the other dance practice hall. It must have been Bigbang who were practicing their own performance. There were a lot of things running in Dara’s mind as she thought of Jiyong staying beside the room where she currently is. She hoped that she would not be bothered by his presence especially when the rehearsals are over.

 

A knock suddenly came into the door. It was Seungri. He excused himself for a while for interrupting the ongoing rehearsal of 2NE1. “I need to talk to Dara noona,” he said. Dara was surprised upon hearing her name for she was not expecting it. She approached him by the door, still speechless.

 

“Dara noona, Jiyong hyung wants you to read this letter,” said Seungri. “I know there is a problem between the two of you, and if this gets bigger, all of us will get affected. We all know what happened. Dara noona, I hope you will be open-minded for this. I know you can do it. I am also sorry for this, Jiyong hyung just asked me to do it,” he explained.

 

“It’s okay, Seungri” was all that Dara could say. She went back inside their dance practice hall and kept the letter in her bag, thinking if she would endure anything written in that letter.

 

*******

 

Dara noona,
 
I am sorry for the burden that the issue has caused you. I know it has been hard. I know that you should not really get involved with it. With that, I am sincerely sorry.
Because the news keeps on circulating now, I have a request. I know that this is another difficult situation for you (especially if you still think about what we had in the past), but this is the only way we could get through it.
I wish to tell you my request in person. Please allow me to talk to you, Dara. I will be waiting for you at the cafeteria this afternoon. I hope you’ll trust me on this one.
 
GD

 

 

Dara was already at the cafeteria when she read the letter. She was alone, for her co-members knew that she needed some time to think by herself. After reading the letter, Dara’s head ached as she felt more confused, adding sickness to her already weak body. She thought, I don’t know what to do, Jiyong. It has been too painful. I don’t know if I could still bear it. If only you can feel what I feel like you used to before, but everything has changed now. I want to stay away from you, but I don’t understand why things keep me from doing that. Tears suddenly fell from her eyes.

 

Jiyong witnessed it. He saw Dara crying and wiping away her tears. He knew that she already read his letter when he saw her folding it and keeping it in her bag. He suddenly felt guilty. He also thought of backing out from his own plan because he couldn’t bear to see her getting hurt that way. But he had no other choice; he must protect her, Kiko, from all of the controversies that would affect their careers, even their personal lives.

 

“Dara,” he whispered. She was surprised upon hearing his voice that she immediately wiped her tears, hoping that he had not seen it. He approached her on the table and sat in front of her, looking deeply into her eyes that are full of pain. She was not looking at him, she can’t.

 

“Dara,” he said.

 

“I already read it, Jiyong,” she said, softly. “What is your request?”

 

“Noona, I…” Jiyong seemed to be lost for words, thinking if he could come up with a better decision in the last minute. But nothing, his mind went blank.

 

“Jiyong, please be hurry. I still need to practice,” Dara said calmly, still not looking into his eyes.

 

“Dara, please look at me,” he finally said. She raised her head and looked at him, her eyes still glimmering with pain.

 

He couldn’t stand seeing her in that kind of state, but he still said nervously, “Dara, please help me protect her.”

 

Her heart exploded when she heard him say that. Why would she help them? Why should she help her?

 

Jiyong held Dara’s hand, begging, “Please, Dara. Will you help me?”

 

She was speechless. She didn’t know what to say. It was so painful, helping her old rival, the one who stole her love from her.

 

“Dara…”

 

“I only have one condition, and I want you to swear that you’ll do it,” she finally spoke.

 

Jiyong eagerly said, “Yes, I promise.”

 

“This would be the last time I’m doing you a favor. When next year begins, I just want you to…”

 

There was a short pause until she finally said, “stay away from my sight. Don’t make me ever see you, even your shadow.”

 

Her words struck Jiyong. He never thought that Dara would give him such condition. He found it impossible because they work in the same company. But then again, he had no choice. He should try his best to do what she wants. He knew that this condition would also lessen her pain.

 

He felt her releasing her hands from his hold until he could utter, “Okay.” He suddenly felt weak, powerless. But he was sorry, deeply sorry for the pain that he caused her through the years.

 

“I must go now,” Dara said as she stood up. “I’m sure we already said what we needed to say.”

 

She was about to leave the cafeteria when she heard him whispered, “Thank you. And I’m sorry.”

 

She took a few steps going through the exit until she remembered, “By the way, just give me a message of how do you want me to…” Dara cleared before continuing, “protect you,” and left the cafeteria.

 

Jiyong was left behind, his mind blank. He suddenly remembered, she was his ex-girlfriend.

 


 

A/N:

Hi everyone! So my update went that fast. I hope I could always do it. I'm actually planning to make longer updates, but I don't want to give it all at once, that's why I post short updates. Anyway, as I always say, I hope you will still anticipate this story. :)

I just want to clarify something as well. Since I've been following some dates happening to the lead characters of this story, I noticed that I made a mistake in here (too late for me, lol). In here, the Thailand issue spread on Christmas day. But in reality, it spread on January, not December. That's all. Haha.

But anyway, just to remind everyone, this is just fan fiction, okay? Don't take it too seriously. Just read and feel the story. I'll try my best to be a good writer. ^^

Again, thank you for the visitors/viewers and subscribers of this story. Keep the comments coming! Be with me til the end. :)

Hengsho~

 

~ S