2

Just Another Song

It was 2 days before SBS Gayo Daejun, the first of the two that they are going to attend, and all performers, YG artists and back-up dancers alike, were too pre-occupied because they would be practicing and polishing their routines. Both dance practice halls were used, one for 2NE1 and the other for Bigbang. The 2NE1 girls were able to arrive as early as 6AM. They always had that mindset like the rookies, they have to work hard. It had been a long time since they last perform on stage in front of their fans. Minzy was sitting on the floor, tying her shoe laces; CL was busy practicing her moves in front of the mirror; Bom was warming up her voice, and; Dara was just sitting on a chair, staring at her phone.

 

“Should I wait for another call?” said the right side of her mind.

 

“But I should not care about it anymore, right?” said the left.

 

“One last minute…”

 

“Stop it! I should focus on the rehearsals…”

 

Dara looked really worried as she stared on her phone. Minzy approached her.

 

“Dara unnie! Are you okay? You seem flustered. Are you sick?”

 

“No, Mingkki-ah. I’m okay.” She smiled a little. Minzy knew that something was not right, but she did not know how she is going to comfort her unnie. She was the maknae after all.

 

Bom then approached her, too. She knew what was happening to Dara.

 

“Dara…”

 

“Unnie-ah, I’ll just go there and stretch. You’ll be okay.” Minzy hugged Dara before she went to the other side of the room to start warming up her muscles. She also knew that her unnies need a moment, based on the way how Bom approached Dara.

 

“Bommie-ah…” Dara responded.

 

Bom sat beside Dara, faced her and said, “Is it my fault? I’m sorry! It was me who told you to read it. And it was Christmas day! I’m really sorry!” Bom bent a little and hugged Dara’s tiny waist.

 

Dara slightly slapped Bom’s left shoulder and said, “Bommie-ah! Stop apologizing! You didn’t do anything wrong. Trust me.” She let out her perkiest smile as she let go of Bom’s embrace.

 

“But why do you look so worried? You look pale, too!” said Bom.

 

“It must be the weather. It was so cold outside. And I honestly haven’t had a decent sleep,” said Dara.

 

“Omo! I knew it! It’s because of me!” exclaimed Bom.

 

“Bommie-ah! I told you it’s not!” Dara insisted. She could not blame Bom. After all, she must be thankful for what her best friend did, because she gained another reason why she should move on.

 

“But you look really pale. Can you practice?” asked Bom.

 

“Of course! I will work hard. I miss performing. Don’t worry about me,” Dara let out another smile, assuring Bom that she’s okay, even though she’s really not, deep inside.

 

The choreographer then called out everybody in the room. He said that they would start in 5 minutes, and that everyone should start warming up. Bom stood up, and Dara followed her. She took a quick glance on her phone for the last time. Still nothing. She then turned off her phone and kept it in her bag.

 

*******

 

Meanwhile in the other dance practice hall, the 4 Bigbang members were gathered in a circle. It was only the 4 of them and some dancers in the room. They were called to be there as early as 6AM. They knew the reason why, aside from the fact that they would be rehearsing for the upcoming music show performances.

 

“Hyungs, I’m too worried,” Seungri broke the silence.

 

“Aish, Seungri,” said TOP. “This is not the first time something like this happened. Just calm down.”

 

TOP was right, it was not the first time that their leader was involved in an issue. However for them, they should not consider it as an issue at all, for they knew what is real.

 

“Has GD arrived?” Youngbae suddenly asked.

 

“His manager said his plane just boarded. Maybe he’ll be here in the afternoon,” explained Daesung.

 

“What?! Then what are we going to do in the next 6 hours? Aigoo…” Seungri reacted. It was not until that morning that he found that out from Daesung. Besides from the issue, he didn’t actually know why they should be there that early, since their leader has not yet arrived.

 

“We will edit some songs in the studio. GD called TOP hyung and I last night. He told us what we’ll perform, so that when he gets back, we just have to practice the routine,” YB explained.

 

“Ok, ok. I thought we’ll be screwed,” said Seungri. He somehow felt relieved.

 

“That’s a different story,” said TOP, making Seungri look bothered again.

 

After a couple of minutes, one of their managers entered and said, “Yah Bigbang, YG hyung is calling you. Go upstairs. He needs to talk to all of you.”

 

They went outside the dance hall with serious faces.

 

*******

 

“You must have known why I called you here,” YG said. The 4 boys were silent as they were sitting at the board room of the President’s office. All were bowed down, not knowing where to look at, but their ears were focused on what their President was about to say.

 

“Because another issue has come up involving your leader, all I want you to do is to be silent when there are reporters around. Do not entertain any questions. Better yet, do not let them see you or get near you. I already told your managers to be cautious at all times, as well. And also, be aware of your actions in your SNS accounts, so that we will not get into another trouble. Arasseo?” ordered YG.

 

“Yes, sajangnim,” they replied in unison.

 

“Okay, you can leave now. Head to the studio, I know you need to edit the songs you’re going to perform,” YG calmly said.

 

The 4 boys stood up and went outside the office. That was a relief, because they thought that they would get scolded. They headed to the studio so they can start editing.

 

As they were doing their work, they couldn’t concentrate well. They couldn’t wait for GD’s return, so they would know what really happened.

 

*******

 

Traveling along the clouds was Jiyong. He was thinking how he is going to act in the solution he thought of, so that he, and perhaps Kiko, would get out from the issue they were recently involved in.  For him, it was not really an issue. There was actually nothing to explain to the media. The problem was that, how was he going to explain it to her? Could he do it? Was he strong enough to face this challenge?

 

He shut his eyes with a very noisy mind as he thought of the pros and cons, until he came up to a conclusion. In the next 4 hours, he would be talking to her, no matter what. This specific issue must come to an end.

 


A/N:

Hi guys! Thank you for the first few subscribers of this story. I hope you'll support it til the end. I'll do my best to update from time to time. I think this chapter is a bit too boring, but don't worry, I'll make it better next time. I just hope you won't be confused with my storyline. Hehe.

Leave some comments, too! I want to hear from you! :)

Again, thank you!

Follow me on Twitter >>> @shrnseyo ^^