Stucked Between The Two

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's POV :

 

   Gulping down her saliva nervously, Taeyeon turned her head back towards the big front stage and leaned in closer to Yoona who was watching the emcee on the front stage intensely.

 

" Yoong, troubles are coming. I'm dead. " She whispered in a faint voice. She could feel Kai's stare from her back even when she was not watching. It ran through to her spine, and went straight to her heart. She felt that her heart was at verge of exploding due to the presences of the guys that had made her life miserable.

 

   Hearing her whisper, Yoona cocked her eyebrows and turned at her so she could face her. " What? " She asked confusedly, feeling weird with Taeyeon's sudden behavior.

 

" Your friend and Sehun are here. Krystal Jung too. " Taeyeon informed, but grabbed Yoona's face immediately when she was about to turn around. " Don't! Just act oblivious. Pretend that we don't know them. " She warned, causing Yoona to chuckle.

 

" Tae baby, Kai is my best best best bestfriend. How can I act like I don't know him? " She asked in cynical. Taeyeon heaved out a heavy sigh and held Yoona's hand tightly.

 

" Yoong, do whatever you want but please don't make them now that I came here, okay? Let's separate and we'll meet at the car park when the event finished, okay? " She suggested. Yoona thought for a while and nodded her head in agreement.

 

" Did he see you? " Yoona asked again. Taeyeon shrugged and raised her shoulders. Obviously, Kai knew that she was here. " But are you sure you'll be alright by yourself? " She inquired again for the last time. Taeyeon nodded confidently and smiled.

 

" I'll be fine. " She answered firmly. Gathering back her clutch, Taeyeon surreptitiously stood up from her seat when she noticed that Kai was talking to Krystal and quickly ran to the last row of the seats, the place for the small companies and the common people.

 

   Luck was not on her side when the seats were all taken. Of course, since it was registered with the entrance ticket. This was a big event afterall. She decided to stay at the back of the row where some of the guests who were wearing such a classy cloth and sighed in relieve when none of the two guys noticed her. As she was busy enjoying the success of her great 'mission invisible', she suddenly felt a small tap on her .

 

" Miss Kim, right? " The guy asked, smiling handsomely. Taeyeon slowly nodded and kept her poker face on. " I'm Byun Baekhyun. The represent from the Byun Modelling Agency. " He introduced himself. Taeyeon gasped open in awe and slowly crooked a smile. Byun Modelling Agency? Again, who doesn't know that famous company? And right, Krystal is one of the models from the mega popular modelling agency. 

 

" Oh, hye. " Taeyeon shortly greeted. " But how did you know my name? " She questioned blankly, feeling weird. Is she that popular? Baekhyun grinned widely and flashed a charming wink.

 

" Who doesn't know the beautiful daughter of Mr Kim Joon Myeon? " He teased, making Taeyeon to blush crazily. Omg, what had gotten into you, Kim Taetae? How can you fall for guys so easily? Firstly, Kai and now, Baekhyun? Whom you just me a few seconds ago? But people say the first seven seconds in an introduction is important. But her, oh my.. I'm getting weird nowadays. Perhaps I'm going back into the old me? " Miss Kim? Miss~? Kim-sshi. " After the third calls from Baekhyun, Taeyeon finally snapped to her world back and smiled sheepishly. 

 

" Err, just call me Taeyeon. Don't need to be too formal. " She said. Baekhyun immediately grinned in delight upon hearing her words and nodded his head in agreement.

 

" Okay then, you can call me Baekhyun oppa too. I heard that you're 23 years old, right? I am 24 btw. " He answered without questions. " And oh, my real intention here was, people are talking about your dress all over the hall. " He informed. Taeyeon widened her eyes in disbelief.

 

" Really? "

 

" Yep. And now, since we are all collecting the donors and funds, we also hold a betting competitions. And the money will go straight to the funds. How about joining the betting? " He suggested. Taeyeon almost dropped her jaw at his sudden invitation and knitted her eyebrows.

 

" Be-betting? What do you mean? "

 

" Yeah, betting. You know, going on the stage, showing your dress to the audience, and winning the betting. " He explained.

 

" Going on the stage?! Err, no but I think I'll pass. No thanks. " She gently rejected. Hearing the words from Baekhyun just literally scared her to death.

 

" Aww, come on Taeyeon. You are freaking gorgeous and your dress is effin' hot. Come on, show the world how gorgeous you are. " He coaxed.

 

" What if there's no one bet for me? " She asked worriedly. Baekhyun slightly chuckled at her fearness and shook his head.

 

" Don't worry, I will bet for you. Trust me, Taeyeon. " He assured patiently. Taeyeon slightly nibbled her lower lips and finally nodded in agreement, for the sake of the funds! Seeing Taeyeon's agreement, Baekhyun's face enlightened up brightly and gently offered his hand to her. " Let's go to the backstage and get ready for the betting. " Grabbing his hand tightly, Taeyeon had made up her mind. This was her revenge. A revenge to Sehun for leaving her on their wedding day, and a revenge for Kai for giving her hopes but left her afterward. Note it people, I am not the same ordinary Kim Taeyeon anymore. 

 

 

   At the backstage, a male make up artist approached Taeyeon while holding a blusher and a brush. He stared at Taeyeon's face through the dressing table mirror and smiled widely.

 

" Where do you come from? I mean, which ageny? " He asked. Taeyeon tilted her head to the side and drew her eyebrows weirdly.

 

" What agency? " She asked back. The guy secretly face-palmed at her bluntness and sighed.

 

" I mean.. Which modelling agency do you come from? " He tried to explain.

 

" Ahhh. No, I'm not a model. " Taeyeon replied honestly. The guy widened his eyes at Taeyeon and stared at her shockingly.

 

" But but.. Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter