Chapter 8: Angel

Imperfect Mirage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dongwoon ran away from his brother’s scene in anger. How could they do this to me? How long were they doing this? He thought to himself while holding onto his phone. He eyed Yoseob as he walked out of her house and to his direction. Dongwoon hid behind a car and went the opposite direction to the nearby university park once his older brother was out of sight.

“My hyung and my girlfriend,” He scoffed as he reached a river, “surely, this can’t be right.”

He stared at his reflection in the water and saw how pitiful he was; teardrops dripping onto the surface of the water. He sat down and wrapped his arms around his chest, as if he was hugging himself as tears strolled down his face.

 

“What do you mean he’s here?” Jiyoung rolled her eyes as she replied to Jessica’s phone call, “Do you have any idea where I am right now? What? He’s here in the park? Then that means you’re here too. Why are you asking me? Can’t you be the one to comfort him? What if he recognizes me? Aish, fine, make it 200 then I will. Okay, bye.”

“Crazy lady,” She blew her hair off of her face and looked for Dongwoon while carrying her two books.  “By the river near the entrance?”

After hearing sniffles, she followed the cry, leading her to him, “Suzy-ah!” He shouted and hit his chest repeatedly.

Jiyoung sat back and watched him yearn painfully for his lover. She bit her lower lip pulling out napkins from her bag and wore her fake glasses walking down to him quietly.

“Y-yah,” She said as softly as she held out her napkins as soon as she was in front of him. He slowly looked up at her and quickly ignored her turning his face. “Don’t be like that.” She sighed and bent down to wipe his tears.

Taken by surprise, he stared at her once more while she continued wiping his tears. He placed his hand the back of her hand and softly gripped it, “Why are you not that person?”

“Who?” She played dumb and innocent.

“My girlfriend,” He smiled bitterly as he took the napkin off of her hand.

“It’s okay. Even if I’m not her, strangers could become friends and comfort each other right?” Her lips curved, smiling like a puppy.

“That’s right,” He replied as she sat down next to him.

“Do you mind telling me what happened? I’m all ears.” She had her hands behind her ears and had it toward him.

“It all happened a while ago when my girlfriend and I went to the movies where this crazy girl comes out of nowhere claiming she was my girlfriend and was cheating on her with my girlfriend. After that, she ran off while I tried to confront the lady. Things went wrong. My girlfrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter