Chapter 4: Let It Go

Imperfect Mirage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Was it really her?” Dongwoon asked himself as he gave up searching for Jiyoung and walked back to the coffee shop, “Nah, it couldn’t be.”

“It’s Yoseob-ah, hyung!” Dongwoon’s phone repeated as it rung.

“Hello?” He answered as he entered the shop.

“That girl, was she the one from last night?” His brother asked.

“I didn’t really know if it was her,” He noticed that her things were missing, “Did you happen to see her come back to get her things in the shop?”

“No, I didn’t,” Yoseob replied, “Are you gonna meet Suzy later?”

“I’m thinking of trying to meet her now, in front of her house,” Dongwoon decided, “I’ll see ya later then.”

“Alright, I’ll be home then,” Yoseob hung up.

‘I have to clarify things with her,” He thought to himself as he walked to her house.

 

“So I found out,” Yoseob said as Suzy picked up his call, “He seems to be serious about the girl and him not knowing each other.”

“That’s not the problem,” She heaved a sigh, “I know he won’t do that.”

“Then what is it?” He asked.

“I just want to break it with him for a while. Maybe in a month or so I will take him back,” She declared.

“Why?” He asked, “Is it because of what just suddenly happened last night?”

“I don’t know, I need time to think things over,” She said.

“Suzy,” Yoseob called, “do you love him?”

“No,” She answered quickly after hearing a knock on her door, “I have to go now, talk to you later.”

She opened the door to Dongwoon that looked very much sane, “Let’s talk.”

“Okay,” She replied as she let him in.

“About yesterday,” He started, “I swear I don’t know her. She just came to me.”

“I don’t believe it. She cried,” She sighed calmly.

“I honestly don’t know her Suzy,” He said as he forced a tight hug on her, “Can’t you see the only one I’m embracing is in my arms?”

“Dongwoon,” She said softly, “Let’s break up.” He froze as she pulled herself away, “I think it’s better off this way.”

“I’ll be back tomorrow,” He sighed then left quickly.

“I’m sorry,” A tear strolled down her cheek as she watches him disappear from her sight.

 

Jessica coldly glared at her younger sister that asked such a ridiculous question. After glaring so coldly, she laughed it away, ignoring her question about Dongwoon.

“Unnie, I just wanted to know. It’s just that,” Krystal paused, “It’s just that we’re running low on money and there’s barely anything to eat.”

“You need to get skinnier too, so shut it,” Jessica replied annoyed with her sister’s nonsense.

“If you’re going to give Dongwoon a month, can’t we at least do something to earn some money?” She asked her sister.

“Well don’t we have financial aid?” Jessica asked while she looked at her pictures of Dongwoon in her camera.

“You gave Jiyoung almost all of it,” Krystal sighed sadly.

“Well how much do we have left, Minah?” Jessica finally had her eyes off of her camera and glared at her sister.

“We only have twenty bucks left,” Minah replied to her friend.

“Just another reason to hate people and this ugly society,” Jessica blurted.

“I’ll start looking for a job in school then,” Krystal said and went back to reading her book.

“I rather you not,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter