Sober

Destiny

He walked MinJung back to the hostel and headed back to the dorm at once.
He knew Myungsoo must be there. He couldn't be anywhere else. He locks himself up in his room whenever he's upset and thankfully,Sunggyu, as the leader has the master key to their rooms. He won't just barge into the members' rooms just like that though. Only when there is a need to. And right now, he couldn't care less how awful the other party might feel as he is. He knew both of them needs a talk right away. 

He returned to the dorm dark clouds over him. Woohyun sensed something was wrong. He watched in fear as he knew something was going to happen and he did not know what to do. He crept up to Myungsoo's door and stuck a ear on it, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation after Sunggyu entered. 

"We need to talk." Sunggyu started.

Woohyun waited for Myungsoo's reply but he couldn't hear any. He leaned in closer, still nothing.

Finally, someone spoke.

"You're hurting right now, I know. But you're not the only one. What about her? You think she feels any better? I don't know what happened between you two, all I know is MinJung really loves you.Yeah. I admit I do have feelings for her, I was going to confess today in fact. But after all this I'm clear that there's no more room in her heart for me. Because of you, her whole body and soul was torn apart. I can't bear to see her like that anymore. Seeing her smile just makes me hurt even more inside. Why? Because that smile wasn't real, she doesn't want to let her feelings affect the others, that's why she's smiling. I can't do anything! I was only meant to be a friend to her. You are different and you chose to... Urgh." 

Woohyun gasped. He was too shock to realise what was going on. Before he could fully absorb the situation, Sunggyu started to speak again.

"MinJung's going back to Singapore in less than a week's time. Don't regret when she's gone. That's all I have to say. Mull it over. For the sake of her." With that, Sunggyu stood up and prepared to leave. He took a last look at Myungsoo, and sighed before closing the door behind him. He was lying on the bed, back facing him, as if he was asleep, but then he knows he's not.

He scrambled to his feet an scurried back into his room.

Sunggyu came out to find nothing amiss. He decided to get himself a bottle of soju in the kitchen with some meat. 

Seeing Sunggyu's reaction, he joined him for a drink. He poured each other a glass and they toasted before gulping down the mouthful of soju. Woohyun said it was to celebrate the end of their fruitful promotion period. The two of them knew it isn't. Neither of them said anything. They were all dead drunk before they know it. They lain down spread out, they were nowhere close to being sober, like Myungsoo although he hasn't drank like they did. Meanwhile, Myungsoo stepped out of his jail-like room, wanting to get some fresh air outside, when Woohyun started his babble talk. 

"Myungsoo ah, come, sit down. Let's have a glass." He invited.
"Don't be bothered by gyu hyung, he can't hear anything." He assured. Sunggyu was just too drunk to be awake. Instead of fresh air, Myungsoo got down to have a sip of the bitter alcohol.
He didn't feel any better. He raised his glass for another full cup. Woohyun satisfied his request and poured him another. 
"Spit it out, dude. I know you have a lot of things in your mind." He spoke, half-awake .

Myungsoo remained silent. Again. He never utters a single word when he's troubled. Keeping everything to himself, and how on earth do he expect people to know what he's thinking?

Woohyun had seen this coming.
The seven of them knew him too well. 

"If you don't speak, I'm not going to hear you out anymore."  Woohyun threatened him a little. 
He knew Woohyun don't mean harm . He himself wanted to let it all out as well, but he just didn't know what to say. Too much happened for him this time. He was confused and screwed up.He knocked his head against the wooden side table and refused to look up, hands still gripping onto the empty glass. 

"I don't force you. It must have been hard on you too." Woohyun read his mind. He filled up Myungsoo's empty cup again and fell asleep. Myung gulped down one shot and rested his soulless body on the floor along with Woohyun. But he wasn't asleep. He thought through. 


It's not her fault to feel that way, maybe I should have told her earlier..
Or maybe she should have explained that there's nothing between Sunggyu and her to me! Then I wouldn't have yelled at her and this wouldn't happen.


He blamed.

No. Kim Myungsoo. It's obviously you who was so rash and impulse. Who are you to blame.

Urghh. He ruffled his hair roughly and punched his fist against the floor. 

Apologise to her?

Who are you kidding. 

His ego couldn't let him.

I still love her..

His heart was being honest. 

He picks up the bottle and finished the last drops of soju. 

Should I or should I not?