Goodbye

Destiny

7 June 2013.


6pm. Myungsoo stared at the clock.

She must have left dorm by now… He thought.

On the contrary, he hasn't got anything prepared. He is still dead drunk, without alcohol. Maybe he did pull himself together somehow, but his locked up heart wasn’t able to free him.

Sunggyu can't bear to watch on. He dragged Myungsoo up by his collar and stuffed his clothes into his arms.

"You better don’t go if you’re going to be like this. You’ll only add on to her worry when she leaves this place." Sunggyu warned and pushed him into the room.

The clock’s ticking and time is running out.

Finally, Myungsoo stepped out of the room.

His hair was combed and styled. His face was washed and nicely tinted with a thin layer of foundation. His lips were back with that smirk.

He's back to himself.

Woah, this lad. He even put on makeup huh.
Sunggyu sneered .

_,,__


Back in Myungsoo's room:

He fell onto the bed with Sunggyu's one hard push. He doesn't want to get up. His mind is at a lost. Those words left him thinking. In fact, he has been thinking for the past few days.

 Is it the time to put his ego down, apologise and... Get everything back together to where it was supposed to be? 

I guess it is. 

There's one thing he knew for sure-that he would regret it if he don't.

He heaves out a breath. It wasn't a sigh, much more of a rejuvenation. He got up and sprang into action~

__,,__

"Let me drive you there," Dongwoo dangled a car key from his hands. 

"Thanks bro," Myungsoo shrugged. How did Dongwoo know where he was going?

"Buckle your seatbelt." Dongwoo reminded.                                                                                                                                                                                            

 "Oh oh! I forgot, sorry…" Myungsoo pulled the seat belt from his left shoulder and pin in down into the buckle next to his right thigh. Click. That should do it. He wasn't so used to sitting next to the driver's seat. Usually he settles at the back of the car.

"So.. Are you prepared to get back your girl?" Dongwoo asked.

"I guess so...” Myungsoo replied. I hope so.

"You will. I believe." Dongwoo gave him a squeeze in his shoulder.

Myungsoo smiled queasily. He's feeling more nervous. 

Wait. How did Dongwoo know about them?

"Hyung, how did you know I was going to find MingJung?" 

"Ahh, hahahaha." Dongwoo laughed. "Woohyun hyung told me about it. Told us, I mean." He confessed bashfully. 

Woohyun? Aish. Sunggyu hyung. 

Myungsoo was sure that Sunggyu was the one that had disclosed that to Woohyun. And Woohyun, as usual, goes to tell the whole group about it. He laughed, thought he knew too well of them.

"Here we are." Dongwoo managed to park the car smoothly.

"Hyung, gomawoyo. You can go back to the dorm first if you want," Myungsoo unbuckled and hopped of the car. 

"Arraso." Dongwoo nods and signals him to hurry go. 

Myungsoo waved goodbye and disappeared among the people, in search of her. 

Dongwoo checks his watch. 

7.55 p.m. 

5 more minutes left before MingJung enters the departure hall! 

Ottoke? Ottoke? Dongwoo closed his eyes and muttered a silent prayer for Myungsoo. 

Myungsoo dashed to the departure hall. He scanned around as closely as he can. He spotted her, back facing him, with wavy long hair at the corner of the hall. With her brown Rilakkumma baggage occupying most of the space, she sat at the edge of the trolley.

"MinJung!" He called out. She doesn't seem to hear him. He ran, yelling her name. She doesn't seem to respond even when he was right behind her. Myungsoo was too happy to realise that. He grabbed her shoulders, "MingJung, I finally found you!"

She turned around. 

It wasn't MingJung. 

"Sorry, do I know you?" That girl was baffled.

"So sorry. I saw the wrong person."

He felt embarrassed, but more of disappointment. 

He felt a tap on his shoulder, turned around and a familiar face appeared before his eyes. 

His eyes lit up and squealed, "MingJung ah!" , sweeping her into his arms. 

She chuckled. It was disbelieving at first when she heard her name, being called out so loudly in the departure hall. She would never have thought that Myungsoo would come, until she sees his frantic expression.

Her heart was softened. She allowed herself to stay in his warm embrace for just a little longer. 

Slowly, she unwraps herself. 

She picked up his hands by his fingertips.

 "Thank you so much for everything." She said from the bottom of her heart. 

"Goodbye." She tiptoed and waved close to his face, covering his sight.

Her eyes became wet and teary. She sniffed and wiped it off quickly with her sleeves.

She forced a smile, painfully and she left.

 



One step.
 

 


Two steps.
 

 


Three.

 



Myungsoo can't hold himself any longer. He doesn't have the courage to let her go just like that. 

He pulled her back and pressed his lips against hers. It began with a soft touch of the lips. Then he was kissing her deeply and hugging her close. Neither of them wanted this to end. 

The moment stood still.

MingJung broke away the kiss. 

"I have to go," She whispered and lunged forward for a last hug.

He hugged her back tightly.

"Take good care of yourself. I'll be here waiting, and forever yours." He promised.