A new beginning

My Boo Is All I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Chapter 9: A new beginning} 

*** 

'Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end' 

 

It was 5 a.m in the morning when I woke up. The chilly morning air just made me wanted to continue my sleep and snuggle further down into the soft duvet. But at the thought of today was the new day for me, the day I’d been waiting anxiously, I had no choice but to force myself to get up and get ready for it. But something was restricting me from moving on the bed, as I felt those strong arms still enfolded around my waist and that familiar warmth against my back. My heart skipped a beat as I turned my head slightly to look at the presence of someone behind me, realizing the real source of warmth that had cuddling me through the chilly night.  

It had been more than five years since we were living together, sleeping together, eating together, and even shower together whenever this man shamelessly demanded, but still… this person never fail and still held the ability to make my heart feeling warm and fuzzy inside. 

Feeling the need to wake him up or I was going to be late for my new day, I shook his arm slightly. 

“Yunnie…” 

There was no response, as he was still deep in his sleep with his steady breath hitting the back of my nape, giving me a little ticklish feeling. 

“Yunnie, wake up. I’m going to be late for my first day of work if you are still…h-holding me… l-likeee… thisss…” I said while struggling to relinquish his strong arms on my waist, but only had them tightened even more.  

“Yunnie!” I yelped as I felt his cold lips were nibbling the skin under my ear. He didn’t really sleep, did he?  

“It’s still early in the morning boo, but you are already keep calling my name so sweetly.” His raspy voice was so close to my ear. 

“It’s because you don’t want to let me go. I can’t be late on the first day of my internship. The first impression is important.” 

“Hmm… I don’t understand why you still need to go through this. Didn’t I ask you to just come to my office? I will give you the job and the exceptional letter as an intern at my company. That’s settle everything.” He nudged his nose against my neck as he mumbled, totally ignoring my pleas. 

I tried to shake him off. But this man was just so stubborn! The more I resisted, the more he insisted in coercing me.  

“I told you already... I want to complete my study normally like the rest of the other students. It’s not fair to get the credit by having you as an advantage.” 

“You and your unending normalness… What’s wrong with having an advantage? Do you think most of those students succeeded with this kind of pure thought you have? No, baby… you’re just too innocent.” He kissed the exposed spot between my neck and shoulder. “They mostly have something trick up their sleeve and using some connection is what they would do if they have an advantage like you. I’ve know a lot.” 

“But, Yunnie… it’s still-” 

“Okay, I got it...” Yunho cut me off as he pulled me closer by the waist, which brought my back bumped against his bare, massive chest. “Everything you wanted, you’ll always have it in your way. So stop whining. Thought I hate the idea of you working, since it will lessen our time together. But still I couldn’t deny that this pureness and willfulness of yours is what makes me love you even more.” 

I couldn’t help, but felt my heart fluttered as he slightly tilted my head to him and bestowed me with a long, deep, breath-stealing kiss. As sense this kind of move would just lead to another level of intimacy, I turned back my head slightly, breaking the kiss and tried to get up from the bed. But as always, this man would find his way to grab me back and trap me with him hovered on top of me. I had no choice but kept struggling to get free until I felt it was futile and stopped my attempt. 

I stared up at him, speechless. He had my arms pinned down to my side. 

“Stop pouting.” He smirked, knowing well that I had no chance to win whenever we were in this kind of situation. He leaned in and kissed my temple. 

I turned my head away with a huff; hiding the fact of my face felt hot as he kept his eyes gazing at me. My heart pounded with an irregular beat by that kind of look he threw at the moment. 

“Boo, you look even ier when you are sulking.” He teased. I tried to wriggle out of his grasp again, but still failed. He started planting soft kisses on my face down to my neck. Oh! No… 

I tried to think of something in order to stop him. If not, I would be really late for my first day. 

“Yunnie… my hand…it’s hurt…” I muttered and frowned. At least, I tried to put some expression.  

That was it. He stopped from his advance move abruptly, and his hold on me loosened immediately. The look on his face was unreadable, seemed he had just remembered the thing. It had been two months since I had fully recovered from my injuries, after that bad and unforgettable incident back in his office. During these two months, I wasn’t allowed to do a thing or going out, since I had my arm fractured and other bruises on my body that required a long time to heal and fade completely. 

“I’m sorry. I forgot your fractured arm. Is it still hurt?” 

Now, it was me who felt a bit guilty as he looked at me with that guilt-ridden face of his again; whenever I had been in a trouble or bad condition because of him. Even I had convinced so many times that everything happened was not his fault. Now, I regretted to pull this kind of excuse thoughtlessly.  

I bit my bottom lips and shook my head. Ugh, I really couldn’t lie to him and seeing that look on his face. 

“No, I’m just lying!” With that I pushed him off me and scurried to the bathroom before he could grab me and throw me on the bed again, as I knew the repeating process would not stop until he won and I surrendered. I heard he called my name and groaned as I slammed shut the bathroom door and locked it immediately. 

I couldn’t help but giggled at his morning attitude. He might look stoic, firm and scary almost of the time toward others, but that childishness of him was only shown when he was around me. That thought alone always made me feel somewhat giddy inside, like the teenager falling in love for the first time again. 

“Yunnie, this is not it.” 

“What is it, Boo?” Yunho shifted his attention from his right-hand man to me. He was talking to Yoochun about work related matter I guessed, since he was holding few documents as I rushed back inside the house; after found four men standing near the metallic-black Audi outside. They were waiting to drive me to work. 

The luxurious vehicle itself already stood out enough, let alone being accompanied by four men whom had a look that could pass for being a model themselves, and in a fine-tailored black suit for my first day of work. It would gain unwanted attention, obviously. Show off! That would be the first impression people thought of me.  

“Those men outside… and the car… can’t I just-” 

“You can’t.” He cut me off short before I could compose a proper word of refusing. 

“Baby, please understand. After what had happened to you last time, I’ve no choice but to tighten the security around you.” He walked to me after handing back a stack of paper in his hand to Yoochun. The loyal assistant bowed slightly, acknowledging my presence and left, giving us some privacy. 

“B-but… this is too much.” I muttered, barely audible as he started stepping closer. He reached out and gently pulled me by the waist, closing the gap between us. My palms flattened on his chest instantly, keeping some distance between us. Now, at our current proximity, I could inhale that clean, musky and manly scent of his that always intoxicating and yet calming. I was in a dreamy state of mind as I looking up at his handsome, small face. He was currently wearing another one of those expensive suits with a silk shirt and tie. The smooth and warm texture of the fabric fitted his hard, muscled chest underneath enticingly.  

“Nothing is too much when it’s about your safety.” He said suddenly, eyes gazing down at me warmly, at once broke my mesmerized state. He grinned. 

I dropped my eyes to look down in an instant. Feeling discomfited at having stared for so long. “Can't I have you drive me to work instead..?” 

“......” 

His remaining silence as a response to my request, forcing me to look up back, meeting his dark-brown eyes that still staring at me with an amusing smile tugged at the corner of his lips. 

“…if you’re worried about me that much…” I added, once aware that I had just sounded like a spoiled brat.  

“You should just say so from the beginning that you wanted me to be the one to drive you to work.” He chuckled before leaned in and nuzzled his nose against my side of face, warming my cheek by that simple action of his. His lips then slid on mine, barely grazing there at first, before he deepened the kiss in a way that made my heart fluttered in my chest and knees went weak. He brought his right hand cradled my face while the other possessively wrapped around my waist, pulling me impossibly closer to his, almost lifting me off my feet.  

After a few moments he withdrew, leaving me panting with head and heart pounding. 

“If only I could lock you here. Just keep you by my side. I don’t want you to go out anywhere that would let other eyes beside mine laid on you.” He sighed at the thought of the impossible. 

I was still light-headed and glad he was still holding me securely against him. I dropped my head on his right shoulder, trying to recover from his hard-passionate kiss. 

“That doesn’t make sense...” I muttered, trying not to smile. 

He nuzzled against my hairs, taking a deep breath before he gapped me a little to have a look at my face.  

“Well, it is to me.” He retorted. His fingers gently brushed my fringe, fixing back my hair. 

“That’s sound crazy…” I whispered, lost in his stare.  

“Well yes, I’m crazy over you.” He smiled and pecked my lips again. His smile and words just turned my heart to mush.  

I didn’t know why… I feel I was the one who should say those words to him. If only he knew what kind of effect he had brought upon my heart. Frustratingly, the most important thing was always hard to say. My words always stuck in my throat and diminished my courage.  

 * 

‘If I can’t pick you up today, Kyuhyun will be here to drive you home as usual. And if anything happened, just press number three for the urgent call, understand?’ 

That was Yunho’s last strict command when he dropped me in front of the new office building, while handed a new gold-cased cell phone, which I could tell it cost about five months of my internship allowance or more. Since my previous phone was broken due to that incident last time. 

I stared up at the cylindrical structured building that towered over my head. It looked exclusive and luxurious, but still far from how Yunho’s office building had if compared it with. This modern designed building only had thirty-two floors and seemingly giving such a mysterious aura with its dark glass façade, making it impossible for the outsider to see through inside of the building. The entire building consisted of business inn and suites. I had finally secured a job as the financial risk assistant in the company, which I learnt had just opened two years ago by the newly formed organization.  

After advancing through the building’s entrance, I walked to the receptionist area to report on my first day of duty. I was led to the floor twelve where my department was located. 

“Mr. Park, here is another trainee for the financial risk assistant.” The woman in an office attire said once she walked me into one of the office rooms and left shortly to resume her own work. There were already three people in the room, sitting in front of the big working desk that facing the man who eyes looked up at me once my arrival was announced. 

“You’re the last person to arrive. Just have a seat.” He said with eyes still staring at me, as if I had just annoyed him in some way. I nodded apologetically even it was not like I was late; there was still enough time before the actual time of reporting my duty. 

Park Hae Jin 

I caught the name sign on the table as I settled down on the only chair available beside the other three trainees. There were one girl and two guys. They looked up at me, at least two of them smiled making my nervous heart a bit at ease, while the other guy just threw me a glance before focusing back to the man in front of us. 

“As I’ve explained just now, two of you will be working with Mr. Cho, while Taemin and you…” He paused and looking at me strictly. I gulped. 

“Kim Jaejoong, will be under my guidance. As your trainer, I would like to tell this early that I despise those who lack of responsibility and do half assed job.” He said firmly, telling me straightly about his unfriendly attitude. It seemed he was already well-informed about the trainees that will be under his supervision. 

After the briefing finished, I was led to my desk which was located outside of the room. There were two partitioned cubicles.  And the other trainee, who was paired with me to be working under the same mentor, settled himself on the other vacant seat next to me. I’d just known his name was Taemin, as the superior mentioned before. It seemed he was not friendly either since he didn’t look like he care of making an effort to warm-up with the other staffs and lack of responsiveness. 

I sighed inwardly. It seemed this was going to be a bit tough in starting my first job. Suddenly Yunho’s warning the day before replayed in my mind. 

‘Boo, it’s not like I want to stop you from having the job. It’s just that…your self-reserve and quiet attitude

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter