A favour

My Boo Is All I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Chapter 10: A favour}

***

'Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.'

 

How long was it? Ah, almost a week.

Damn! This thing started to stress me out the longer I let it be. It had been almost a week he avoided me, refused me from sending or picking him up at his workplace. Even these days my morning kisses were gone!

What was going on actually? There was no answer for his sudden change in attitude. I thought he had stopped to make me feel this messed up from deducing what was playing in his mind. No one had sent my sense reeling on such a roller coaster like he did.

Again, what was I expected… he was my Boo after all. Never changed.

I flopped down onto the leather office chair, turning around and face the wide glass window that offering a look at a cityscape. My eyes fixed on the hustle and bustle of the city life with people and cars. It was almost the time for office hour ended. The sudden soft knock on my door scattered my thoughts.

“Come in.”

Yoochun entered the room once I called out. He bowed and straightened up, facing me with his usual emotionless look.

“Did you find something?”

“Yes, boss. As you expected, Mr. Lee seems the one behind the death of our client’s assistant recently. The guy that guarded the port during our shipping last time saw a car that belonged to Mr. Lee’s lackey drove away before the shot broke off. It’s already so suspicious why one of his men would be at the location during our dealing and just then the firing started.” Yoochun informed.

“Is there any proof to point the bastard out for this incident?” My voice sounded menacing, sudden feeling of a storm raging inside me at the thought my former partner was plotting something in sabotage my business. That resulted my largest client to break our business tie. It wasn’t giving much effect, but still, it bothered me if I just stayed quiet and let them be. Those scoundrels would never stop stirring me up for a fight.

“We’ve collected few strong evidences that will be used to bring him down at once.”

“No, wait. It’s not fun to bring him down with one blow. Let’s see how long he wants to play before he realizes he is playing in my territory. So, there is no way for him to escape.” I said, already mapped out a plan to bring those rascals down.

“Any other thing that you want to report before I finish for today?” I glanced at the digital desk clock, noted it was the time to leave.

“Yes, about our branch in China.” Yoochun continued reporting few more issues regarding the business when my phone on the desk received a message notification. Upon caught the name of the sender, it urged me to take a look at immediately.

From: My Boo

‘Yunnie I’ll be going back late today.’

That short, simple message just enough to trigger something in me. Detest the decision of letting him work. Heck! He had just been working a week and already showed this symptom of getting home late frequently.

‘How late is it?’ I replied shortly.

‘I’m not sure. It depends on my boss when he will let me going home.’

That was the last straw as my blood boiled. Now, there was someone else who had the authority to hold him from leaving?

“, what kind of company makes their new employee working their off until late?!” I exploded suddenly, catching Yoochun off guard as he stopped in the middle of his report.

“Sorry boss, what company you talked about?” He asked with an utter confusion on his face.

“No, I’m not talking to you. Please continue.” I heaved a sigh. My mind started pondering over what Jaejoong was up to these days and what kind of people around him at his workplace. I hadn’t realized my head was spinning with nothing but these thoughts all day long.

*

It was almost midnight and already passed his time limit to be outside. I couldn’t refrain myself to stay still, even I forced myself to, trying to be considerate since he had once complained how overprotective I was. But this little defenceless lamb annoyed me so much sometimes, that I couldn’t help from back to be myself as I was since he stepped into my life. I didn’t care if I was being such a possessive jerk. Because I had my reason to do so. He was just not aware of how vulnerable he was against this cruel world; even he had faced a few unfortunate events, still, he hadn’t learned his lesson!

I grabbed my phone and pressed his number while eyes staring at the clock that hung on the living room hall. It read 10 minutes before it ticked to 12 am.

There was a couple of ringing on the line before it was stopped with a beep sound. My mind concluded the call was disconnected by someone, instead of letting it go into a voice mail unanswered. My anxiety slide into restlessness. I tried calling him again, giving a second try before I make a move to track him down myself – not like I was not able to. And this time my call was answered. But the voice on the other line made me tensed in my spot momentarily.

“Hello, this is Kim Jaejoong’s phone. But he can’t answer the call at the moment. May I know who is calling?”

The voice was not his, obviously. Who the hell was this?!

“Hello~” The other called upon getting silence from me.

“Where is he?” I asked and worked to keep my temper in check.

“Huh? Erm… he is currently drunk and seemingly couldn’t-”

“Drunk?”

“Yes, he’s unable to talk coherently so-”

“I’ll come to pick him up now.” I cut off and ended the call without any intention to prolong the conversation. I started tracking the location of his cell phone using mine.

Drunk?! That Kim Jaejoong never once drink with people. If he had to, there would be me around him because I won’t, never, or precisely forbid anyone else seeing him in his drunken state. This was why I hated the idea of letting him entered the society. Who would know what the consequence was for letting him mingle around like this without my presence. People would take advantage over his selflessness.

It took me just about fifteen minutes to reach the bar where he was drinking with whoever was the prick that picked up my call a moment ago. The place was filled with jovial and drunk people; the sight was enough to infuriate me at the thought Jaejoong was amongst these people. My eyes roamed through every corner of the space in the bar until I spotted a mahogany table at the far end of the pub. There were five people sitting around the table and there he was, looking so wasted. Even he was not looking my way, I knew that figure so well. His head rested flat against the table, his arms tucked between his legs. His silky locks draped over his long-eyelashes, closed eyes and… he was pouting!

. That adorable sight was forbidden to be shown.

Without dawdling any longer, I arranged my step to the table, ignoring the whispering and gasps of few people around who noticed my presence as I walked past them. Right now, my priority was just getting that Kim Jaejoong out of this place. My eyes only fixed on the latter until I reached the right table.

The smell of alcohol penetrated my nose in instant. Seriously, just how many shots he had?

Seemingly aware of my presence, all the heads looked up; more like staring up at me unblinkingly. I took a quick noticed of their faces, mostly looked young, probably trainees as Jaejoong before my eyes laid back at him who was still having one side of his cheek glued on the table with eyes closed. His smooth cheeks had turned rosy red from the drinking, and those full lips of his was pouting as he mumbled incoherent words drowsily - the sinful sight that I didn’t want to share with others.

“Give him here.” I said while signalling a finger towards the drunken Jaejoong, aware that my tone was more like giving an order. I just couldn’t control it, just used to it.

The guy next to him took a moment to catch what I’d said. He was looking or more like gawking at me like I was an alien.

“J-jung Yunho…” He muttered barely audible.

I looked at him and quirked my eyebrow. Did he know me? He still froze, staring up at me.

What was wrong with this kid?! Do I need to repeat?

“Who are you?” Another man who sat opposite Jaejoong suddenly asked, seemingly couldn’t read the situation and I despised to be questioned. He looked somewhat matured and a bit older than the rest. I assumed around my age.

“Are you the boss?” My eyes bored into him, suddenly remembering Jaejoong’s previous text message.

“What?”

“I bet you are. So let me tell you that there is no next time to take this guy around for a drink. This is the first and last time I allowed it to happen.” I said and stepped closer to Jaejoong who looked so drunk that he could hardly lift up his face. My hand was about to reach him when it was gripped by that annoying man, stopping my move.

“I won’t let you take him. He’s my staff, I should be the one sending him home. Also I don’t trust you. You might be a stranger that pretending to pick him up.” The man said with unwavering eyes of his. Oh!

I smirked, impressed. I like his attitude that was meant to protect his employee. But… that didn’t put a good feeling on me either. I could tell, there was something else hidden behind that caring looks of his.

“That’s very generous of you. But it’s wise for you to step away.” I swatted his hand and grabbed Jaejoong’s arm, pulling him up with one hand. His head bumped into my chest slightly due to my harsh move.

“Ugh…” He grunted with face scrunched up and he opened his hooded eyes.

“Y-Yunnie…” A smile slowly crawled up over his flushed face once he looked up and met my eyes. Then his hand just naturally found its way hooked around my neck.

“Let’s go home, baby.” I whispered to his ear as I brought him snuggled closer to me as he swayed a little, keeping him steady. When he was in my arms, nothing else matter now.

“Yunnie… I-I’m so so… sleepy….” He slurred as he buried his face against my chest. All the feeling of fury I felt just now melted away at once.

“Yes, I know. That’s why I’m taking you home now.” I said and pulled him closer. My hand circled around his hips possessively before I looked up back at the man who claimed to be his boss. There was a clear dissatisfied expression on his face as he watched how Jaejoong reacted to my presence.

“So, I’ll take my leave now. Thanks for your care.” I smirked one last time and leave without waiting for the response.

Once I walked out of the bar, Kyuhyun open the car door that had already waiting at the entrance. I gave him a glance before settled Jaejoong on the passenger seat.

“I expect you’ve a good explanation for this.” I said coldly.

He bowed apologetically and closed the door. Knowing well I was in a bad mood to find that instead of driving Jaejoong home, he drove him to such a place.

*

It was a struggle to get Jaejoong change into his pyjamas once I laid him on the bed, hated the alcohol smell that stick on him. I’d never seen him this drunk, surprisingly he seemed more spoiled and clingy; his side that I’d always wished he could show me, since he tended to shy away and being so self-conscious at almost everything. Nonetheless, I loved that side of him too.

“Yunnieee… I’m hot…” He complained drowsily.

“Okay, but at least put on some cloth first.” I said after I finished cleaned him up with a wet towel. I adjusted the temperature in the room.

“No…Don’t wannaaa…” He shook his head vigorously making his silky bangs covered his eyes while trying to push my hand from button up his cloth.

“Seriously, just how much they make you drink?” I said to no one in particular as I tried hard to control myself. He was so damn cute and yet y at the moment!

“Yunnieee….” He whined as I ignored his plead.

“Yes, what is it baby?”

Slowly, his eyes fluttered opened and those big doe-like eyes of his searching mine. He looked at me with heavy lidded eyes. “You’re my Yunho… right?” He suddenly asked, making me a little confused.

I froze on the bed, trying to catch what he was saying before he suddenly got up from his lay with his loose pyjama still ed, revealing one of his silky smooth shoulders as he leaned to my face, heavy eyes staring into mine.

“No one can take my Yunho away… right?” His tone sounded sad, enough to tell me something seemed off here. Did something happened without I know?

“What are you saying boo? Of course, no one can take me from you. I’m yours, always. The same goes to you.” I caressed his flushed, heated cheeks.

His lips pulled into that damn y pout, again! I was barely abstaining from claiming him right at this moment.

“Right… you are mineee… and mine onlyyy...” His words slurred and he gave a smile that li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter