The rage

My Boo Is All I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{Chapter 6: The rage}

***

“Jaejoongie, can you go downstairs and get the first aid kit?”

Yunho just cut me off from struggling to answer him, as I seemed reluctant to answer his question. Without procrastinating, I rushed to downstairs to get the said kit and brought it upstairs to him.

I just stood at the side, watching he treated Karam’s wound. The boy whimpered when Yunho pulled out a shard of glass from his cut, his head rested on Yunho’s shoulder. Could not bear to just stay and watch their closeness, I walked to the shattered glass frame on the floor and started to clean up the mess. I took back Yunho’s photo that Karam snatched before and kept it safe in my pocket.

After finished cleaning the mess, I headed downstairs and got changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants before I slumped down into the couch in the living room. Now, I could feel how fatigued I actually was. To think it back, I had lacked of sleep since the past two weeks because of my continuous exam, then I needed to clean and emptied my dorm once the exam ended. And now, to see my summer break wasn’t like I’d expected or imagined it, just letting me feel down.

It didn’t take long before my mind shut all of the thoughts that running in my head, my eyelids getting heavy, forcing me to doze off.

I didn’t know how long I’d fall asleep in the living room, until I felt my body seemed being lifted. My eyes fluttered opened and found I was already in the familiar arms.

“Ugh, Yunnie…”

“Yes, Boo?”

“P-put me down...” I said as I realized Yunho was about to carry me upstairs.

“Baby, if you want to sleep go sleep in your room. Don’t sleep on the couch. How many times do I need to remind you that you’ll hurt your back?” Yunho kept walking and ignored my plea.

“No, I… I’ll just sleep in the guest room. ”

“Huh? Guest room… why?” Yunho stopped from his step and frowned as he stared at me, like I’d just said something odd.

“Hmm… it’s better if Karam use my room. Seem he needs more space for him tonight. So, I’ll just use the room downstairs.”

“No, no one ask you to use the guest room. You’re not the guest in this house, baby.” Yunho said in his usual strict tone.

“But…”

“No but, just listen to me.”

I could not find a right word to tell Yunho that my presence was not welcomed by his younger cousin. It must be terribly uncomfortable to share the room with that boy for week.

All of my worry thoughts vanished and my eyes widened a little once I realized Yunho was carrying me into his room.

“Sleep here… with me.” He said as he gently put me down on his bed.

I could felt something warm spreading across my chest by his simple order. I didn’t move an inch, just stared at him before he leaned down, planting a chaste kiss on my lips.

“Do you know how much I miss to have you cuddle in my arms again? Now, I have you before me… do you think I will allow you to sleep alone, uh?” He mumbled while remain our closeness, his lips were playfully touching mine as he spoke. The corner of his mouth curled up while his eyes stared into mine calmly. It was hard to control the blood from not gushing up to my cheeks.

“Have you ever had the same thought as me?” Yunho asked, the same playful smile still tugging his lips.

I quickly averted my eyes to look elsewhere, avoiding his captivating gaze while remain my emotionless face. Those tempting eyes of his were staring at me, making my heart couldn’t cease from beating faster than normal.

“Boo, just once… please tell me did you ever miss me during those times when you lived away from me?” His voice came out silent this time, his hot breath hitting my cheek.

I couldn’t help, but returned my eyes to look straight into his because of that sudden question. Of course, I did miss him so much. He never missed from occupying my mind even just a day.

I was about to nod my head to answering him, when he cupped both of my cheeks, preventing my gesture.

“Don’t shook or nod your head as answer. I want it come out from your mouth.” He said and his warm palm caressed my cheek; giving the familiar touch of calming.

I blinked my eyes once before blurted out the short and direct answer.

“... I do...”

“Do what?” Yunho’s eyes still scrutinized me, urging me to continue.

“…miss you…”

A wide smile spreading across his face, showing his satisfaction before he gave me a trail of kisses starting from my forehead, cheeks, nose and lastly when our lips were just to seal, the sudden knock on Yunho’s door disturbed the moment which I’d been anticipating silently.

“Yunho hyung!” There, Karam’s voice could be heard behind the door.

Yunho let out a small sigh as he got up from the bed to get the door. “What is it?”

“Hyung, I’m hungry… you said you will take me out for dinner tonight.”

I could hear Karam whined, but I didn’t see his face since Yunho didn’t open his bedroom door widely, making me blocked from the view. I wondered why.

“Your leg is injured, how can you go out?”

“Then, are you going to leave me behind while you go having your dinner at an exclusive restaurant?” Karam scowled.

“Okay… let’s just order something and ask for delivery. I’ll cancel my reservation at that restaurant. We can go at another time.”

Yunho sounded submitted. It was first time I heard him used that kind of tone on someone else other than me.

“Then, can I get the most expensive sushi tonight?” Karam asked cheerfully this time.

“What… don’t you getting bored of eating sushi? I thought you want to try some Korean dish since you had come here all the way from Japan.”

“No, Korean’s foods are mostly spicy. I can’t bear it. Come on Yun hyung, let’s order sushi. I’m starving already!” Karam demanded while pulled Yunho’s arm to get downstairs with him.

“Yah, be careful with your injured leg.” I could hear Yunho warned the boy as he was being dragged out of the room, leaving me alone in bewilderment.

“Then, why don’t you carry me.”

“You’re heavy…”

“I’m not! I’ve lost a lot of weight since I moved.”

“Tch, whatever…”

I could still hear their argument until their voices going indistinct as they got downstairs. I sat up on the bed, disquieting feeling started sweeping through me. Until now, nothing seems easily distract Yunho when he was with me. But this time, something was different. He seemed totally distracted once that boy intervened our moment. It was something that never happened before, because no matter what was that so important to him, he would always abandoned it when I was in the list of his needs. And… what made it worst was he seemed forgot about his promise to take me out.

I wondered, what is their real relationship? Was it just like a brotherly love or… something more than that?

***

I woke up early the next morning and found the space beside me was unoccupied. There was no sign that Yunho had slept in the room last night too. After washing up, I headed downstairs and as I had expected I found Yunho was asleep on the couch in a seating position, while Karam slept with Yunho’s laps as his most comfort pillow. They probably fell asleep while watching midnight movies last night after dinner.

I didn’t know why, but the sight had disturbed me so much. I tried to ignore this annoying feeling and straightly walked to the kitchen. I found a short note that likely was left by the maid yesterday; informing she couldn’t come to work for today and tomorrow.

I was preparing a simple breakfast when I heard a light footstep walked into the kitchen. And before I could turn around, I felt the familiar strong arms circling around my waist.

“No wonder I smell something good. My Boo is the one who prepare today’s breakfast.” Yunho mumbled against my nape as his head resting on my shoulder. His masculine scent brought the familiar tranquility to me, but yet I couldn’t comprehend the pessimistic feeling that I felt at the moment as he hugged me. That drove me to peel his arms around me and giving him a cold shoulder.

“What’s wrong, boo?” Yunho lifted his head up from its rest. He stared at me.

I just ignored his remark and continued prepare the table. But my move stopped as I was turned around abruptly. Yunho pulled me to face him. I forgot that this man hated to be ignored.

“Hey, is there something wrong?” He asked with eyes studied my look.

I shook my head slightly. He snorted at my respond before his finger lifted my chin to force my eyes meeting his.

“Okay, there’s something wrong. You can’t lie to me. So tell me.” He said in a straight tone, as if he could read my sullen face.

“It’s nothing… it’s just my own feelings.” I mumbled while threw my look at the white, marble floor.

“Your feelings?” Yunho looked at me questioningly.

“It’s really nothing… don’t bother about it.”

“Of course I’ll feel bother when it’s about you! So, tell me what is it.” He urged.

“Yun hyung, aren’t you going to work today?” Karam suddenly walked into the kitchen, in instant broke the tense that was starting to evolve the atmosphere in the kitchen. He looked confusedly at Yunho and me, which stood so close.

Before I did, Yunho distanced himself from me first as he turned to Karam. “No, I’ve take off today.”

“Really? Then can you take me out? It’s been so long since the last time I was here.” Karam chimed suddenly, his eyes sparkled with excitement.

“But, isn’t your leg hurt?”

“It’s okay now. I can still walk, look!” He said assuredly and walked closer to Yunho without being assist. Then I caught he glanced at me sharply. It made me puzzled for a moment. Why he seemed hated me so much?

“Then, where do you want to go?” Yunho asked.

“Hmm…let’s go visit the zoo!”

“What? Seriously… are you a kid?” Yunho chuckled, which made the boy pouted.

“Don’t laugh! It’s a special place to me. It’s the last place where you’d taken me before I moved to Japan.” Karam told with petulant look.

“Okay. Okay… don’t get mad.”

Here it goes, talk about how Yunho seemed easily being distracted by this person. My presence here was like being forgotten once this boy stepped in. I turned around and continued my previous task, pretending not listen to their conversation anymore until they decided where they planned to go, which I didn’t even wanted to know.

“Jaejoongie, get ready after breakfast. We’ll going out today.” Yunho ordered shortly, his attention was back at me.

“Uh, going to where?” I asked blankly.

He let out a small chuckle. “Aren’t you listening to us just now? Karam wanted to go visit the zoo. So you’re tag along too.”

“Erm… but I…”

“Boo, I don’t take no as answer. It’s decided. You’re coming too.”

Here comes the almighty attitude of his, which always made me left with no choice to refuse again. I hated it! And…

I hated this Jung Yunho.

***

I never feel this shunned before. It was a wrong decision to follow Yunho’s order this time. Now, I seemed being left behind in this crowded place. I stared forlornly at Yunho’s back, who was being dragged away by Karam. The boy was cheerfully chattering something while holding his hand, so that he can match the step of Yunho’s long legs. Somehow, I felt like I was getting in the way of someone’s date.

It was so stupid to think like that - the thought was only hurting me mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter