Chapter 15

Sent By God

Hello Subbies, 

      I would like to say sorry for my long break from writing. A lot has happened to me and I finally feel like I'm ready to get back to my writing. I couldn't bring myself to take down the stories, I wouldn't be doing them any justice…

     I have been through a lot these past couple of years and my life feels like it's slowly back to normal.

     It's might sound stupid but after Kris, Luhan and Tao left EXO, it felt like a part of me was taken away. I was really upset for a while and when I felt like I was ok to start writing again…

     I got pregnant…

     That's right! I'm a mommy! Imagine that a baby had a baby ^^

      My son is the best thing that's ever happened to me but between him and college, I just didn't have time for anything. 

     But now I'm back on track with my life and I feel like I'm ready to bring justice back to my stories and my readers.

     I will be doing some rewriting to this story but nothing major, just some spelling errors and the layout. Don't worry about that part.

     I love you all, thank you so much for reading…

 

 

The New Boy in Town
Hyemi POV


    It was finally time to go back to school and I hated it.

    I rolled out of bed and got changed. I opened the window to called Luhan inside. He handed me my bag and we left the house.

    Our winter break was over and it's now The middle of January, my how I adore these long breaks. It's so damn cold outside now I wish I had a car or something. 

    I walked into school and immediately noticed all the glances and whispering. 

    "What are they staring at?" I mumbled to Luhan

    "They're staring at you…remember the talent show?" 

    I forgot all about it!

    I walked through the halls and was met with smiles and greetings. I finally saw Maei Lee and Jongin holding hands. I ran over and broke them apart. I pushed myself between the two of them.

    "Guys! Everyone is staring at me it's weird…" Maei Lee giggled and pushed me back

    "Well what did you expect? You're a star now." Jongin nodded in agreement.

    "And you're on YouTube also so I'm pretty sure the entire school has seen the video. Sorry kid you're famous." He ruffled my hair. I swatted his hand away.

    "Stop calling me kid! We're the same age." I fixed my hair again. I could hear Luhan giggle behind me.

    "Well I'm 3 months older so you're kid to me."
   
    I made it to my class and made myself comfortable in my usual seat. I'm usually the earliest to class and I couldn't miss all the stares from my classmates. They weren't very discreet.

    "Hyemi…" My classmates called. I looked up at the two girls standing by my desk.

    "You were really good at the talent show, we weren't expecting you to get up and sing. Good job." They said quickly. They returned to their seats without giving me the chance to respond.

    "See, you really are a star." Luhan teased. I wanted to smack him but I couldn't…for obvious reasons. 

    I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I turned to the girl sitting behind me. She was holding a small gift bag.

    "Here some of the kids in class put this together for you." I smiled before thanking her and taking the gift bag from hands. Inside were small pieces of chocolate and candy. 

    Am I…becoming popular?

    Class started and my teacher came in. We stood to say good morning.

    "Alright class we will be joined by a new student today. He's a transfer student from Canada, so I expect you all to treat him with respect." 

    I honestly wasn't expecting this boy to walk in…

    He was really tall and handsome. He had brown hair that framed his face perfectly. Honestly he was really hot but…he looked so stoic, almost cold. I wonder why.

    Another adult came in with him and handed the teacher all of his paper work before leaving.

    "Class this is Wu Yifan, he will be part of your class from now on. He needs to be shown around the school so he can get a hang of things. Any volunteers?" 

    Everyone in the class either looked early intrigued or intimidated by Yifan. But no one raised their hands. Feeling bad, I worked up my courage and raised my hand. Luhan smiled at me from the window.

    The look Yifan gave me was…I don't know, a little indescribable. It was a cross between cold and amused.

    "Thank you Hyemi, since the seat next to you in empty, Yifan will sit with you and at the end of class you can take him around." 

    "Yes sir." I bowed my head respectfully before pulling the seat out next to me for Yifan to sit down. He came over and settled in quietly. 

    The first thing I noticed about him, besides how good looking he is, was the smell of his cologne. I was almost tempted to bury my nose in his blazer. It was light but I really liked it. 

    Luhan was giving me this look. One I hadn't seen before from him. He looked at the two of us before turning his head back to the window. A smile graced his lips, one that said he knew more then he was letting on.

    As class went on, I noticed Yifan was looking at me. It wasn't an uncomfortable stare though, just odd. I went into my bag and pulled out a small notepad. I jotted down a small message before sticking the note to his desk.

    You're staring me down pretty hard there…

   From the corner of my eye I noticed him write something down on the note quickly before sticking it back on my desk.

     Sorry…

    That's it?

    The rest of class was pretty quiet between us. We didn't pass notes or anything, just tried to pay attention to the lesson. 

    Once the end of class came, we got up and left on our tour. And even on the tour he was still quiet. Just nodding his head. 

    Kids from school would greet me as I passed them in the hall and congratulate me on my win. Yifan would just stare them down and they'd leave frightened. As much as I wanted to tell him not to look at people like that, it was kind of funny. He looked like my body guard. Especially from the height difference, I mean he towered over me, I didn't even reach his shoulder. I was the shortest person in our grade and everyone liked to remind me of that.

    "I don't think there is anywhere else to go. So why don't we just head back to class." He nodded in agreement. We continued forward in awkward silence.

    "Talk to him…" Luhan whispered to me, as if someone would hear him. I cleared my throat.

    "So, you're from Canada. It must be really nice there, I've wanted to go with my brother forever. I hear it's beautiful." 
 
    "It's gorgeous in the spring." 

    I was a little shocked by his voice, I mean I wasn't expecting it to be so deep.

    "Since you're from Canada, can you speak english? I mean you're Korean is pretty good so far." 

    "I can speak English actually." He replied back to me in English and it was amazing. I giggled.

    "What else can you speak?" He shrugged his shoulders.

   "Just English, Mandarin and Korean." 

   "Wow, I mean I can only speak Korean and some broken English. And here you are speaking three languages." He cracked a smile…and actual smile. It was very small but a smile none the less.

    "So why Korea? Why come here all the way from Canada?" He shrugged his shoulders.

    "My mom just likes to travel around. She drags me with her." 

    "Are you an only child?" He shook his head.

    "I have an older sister but she's married." 

    We didn't talk much after we kind of just strolled the halls before our next class started. We turned a corner and we saw none other then Minwoo and Jieun. Holding hands and laughing together as usual. I nearly stopped in my tracks. 

    "It's ok Hyemi you can do this." Luhan mumbled to me. I took a deep breath. Yifan looked down at me and then back up at the approaching couple. We kept walking until we got face to face.

    "Hyemi…how are you?" Minwoo said awkwardly. I smiled at him.

    "Hey…I'm great actually thanks." Jieun was just standing there starring Yifan up and down like he was a piece of candy she wanted to eat. Minwoo seemed to notice also.

    "And who might this be? You're boyfriend?" She asked. Yifan stared back at her with a blank expression. Knowing he wouldn't respond, I did for him.

    "This is my new classmate Yifan. He just transferred so I'm showing him around." The couple just looked him up and down. One like he was delectable and the other like he was a threat. Yifan…he just seemed unfazed. 

    "Well nice to meet you Yifan." Jieun said with a smile. A smile that irked my nerves.

    "Hyemi congrats on your win. Your singing was great." Minwoo said trying to change the subject. I smiled back to him.

    "If you call screaming singing…" Jieun mumbled. Minwoo shot her a glare. I simply shrugged off her comment. If that's how you want to play…

    "Yeah I guess I'm not that good. I just open my mouth and sing. But you would know all about that wouldn't you Jieun? I hear you're an expert when it comes to keeping your mouth open." 

    Yifan and Luhan choked back giggles. Yifan looked away down the other hallway. Minwoo just looked over at his girlfriend, waiting for her response but all I got was a glare.

    "Excuse me?" She ask angrily. We exchanged looks, I wasn't going to back down to someone like her. Yifan placed his hand on my shoulder.

    "Hyemi we should get back to class." He said quietly before giving my should a squeeze as if to hold me back. I looked at him and nodded my head.

    "It's nice to meet you." Yifan said to the pair before leading me down the hallway. He took his hand away from my shoulder.

    "Are you popular or something? Everyone seems to know you…" he asked carefully. I shook my head.

    "No I won a talent show and my friends put the video on YouTube. Now everyone…thinks they know me." He nodded his head in understanding.

    The rest of our day was spent in silence mostly. Besides the occasional question. He really wasn't much of a talker. I didn't see him at lunch either I wonder where he was…

    Since I was taking an extra class I stayed longer. All I kept thinking of was Yifan for some reason…he's just so odd and so different…I don't know what it is.

    "You might want to pay attention." Luhan teasingly whispered from beside me. I smiled at him before turning back to my teacher. 

    I almost missed Luhans sly smile…the same one from earlier. The one that says he knew more then he was letting on…


    

    
    

That's right!! We dragging Kris in this too!! I knew I wanted to bring Kris in to the story, I wanted to bring someone in as a love interest for Hyemi. I didn't want her live interest to be Luhan…I have other plans for him in this story that don't involve falling in love. Hope you guys like the chapter, don't forget to comment and upvote!!