Chapter 9

Sent By God

 

                         Human Form
            
                           Luhan Pov


   I could hear the birds chirping around me and the November air is cold…colder then usual.

  Cold…cold? Why is it so cold?

   My eyes opened slowly. I could see the fog from my breath in the air and the goosebumps on my arms.

   "Am I…human?" I asked myself as I poked and pulled at my skin. I was wearing a dark pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. My eyes widened when I realized when I last wore these clothes.

   "I'm human." I was in shock. I didn't know how to turn into my human form but here I am living and breathing. I'm so excited yet nervous for some reason.

   "Hyemi! Hyemi!" I shouted at her sleeping figure. She got up sleepily and rubbed her eyes.

   "What's wrong Luhan? It's not time for me to get up yet. I still have a half hour." She asked lazily. Still rubbing her eyes. 

   "I'm human again." She got up and came over to the window and opened it wider. She looked me up and down.

   "How did you do it?" She asked in shock. I went to respond but I suddenly started to fall backward and with a yelp I hit the cold grass. 

   "Luhan! Are you ok?! Hold on I'll come get you!" She called after me. One thing I definetly don't miss about being human is the pain…definitely don't like the pain. I sat up slowly. My back was aching, thank god I didn't hit my head.

   "Luhan are you alright?" She asked as she wrapped a small blanket around my shoulders. I nodded my head.

   "I forgot how clumsy I used to be." She giggled and helped me up. We went up to her room again.

   "Aren't you worried about your brother seeing me? I'm in my human form now he can see me if he comes out." She shook her head as she opened the door to her room.

   "On Monday's Chanyeol goes into work early then goes straight to work. He's usually gone the whole day." He sure does work a lot. 

    I sat on the bed and she ran out the room quickly to get me better clothes. She said they were Chanyeol's old clothes he was to lazy to throw away and he has a pile in the hallway closet. She have me a pair of black cargo pants and a white long sweater. 

   "I'm gonna let you change." She said as she walked out her door. I changed into the clothes she gave me and surprisingly they fit considering me and Chanyeol's height difference even in my angel form.

    When she came back in the room she giggled at the over sized clothes. Her giggles stopped when she heard my stomach growl. I then realized how hungry I was after a billion years with out food. 

   "Maybe we should get you something to eat. Let me get ready for school first." She smiled. I nodded my head and left the room. I made my way downstairs. I gently ran my fingers over the railing. It's nice to be able to touch and really feel things. It's like I never left. 

   I could feel the sweet cold breeze from the kitchen. I poked my head in and noticed the window was open. I moved closer. I can feel everything. I can smell everything. 

   I put my hand to my chest and felt my heart beating against my rib cage. I felt like a little train. I had emotions again. Real emotions. I could cry right now if I wanted to. I can get hurt right now or I can get over joyed. I'm alive again. 

   "Enjoyin yourself?" Hyemi asked leaning against the doorway. I turned to her with a grin that reached my ears. She looked at me with equal enjoyment.

   "I'm gonna make breakfast now." She smiled and started cooking something simple. Just bacon and eggs. Bacon is so small in Korea.

   When she se the plate down in front of me she didn't have the chance to site before I devoured it. I forgot what it was like to eat real food. She was a little bit startled by my eager eating.

   "Uhmm…do you want more?" I nodded vigorously and she got up and pushed more food on my plate.

   "I gotta go to school soon. How is this gonna work? You have to stay by me at all times but you don't know how to change back into your angel form and I'm sure people will notice you." She seemed like she was talking to herself trying to figure out how to go about her day.

   "It's alright Hyemi. I can stay here for today. Like you said, people will definitely notice me." She tapped her fingers on the table in thought.

   "You sure you can stay here alone?" I nodded my head and she sighed.

   "What? it's not like I'll steal your things or something. I don't have use for them." She nodded her head in agreement.

   "Alright then. Just don't hurt yourself ok? Be careful." She lectured on. I smiled and handed over her bookbag from the floor.

   "I am older then you Hyemi. I might look 16 but trust me I'm not." I giggled as I walked her over to the front door.

   "Alright alright I'm just making sure you'll be ok." I opened her front door for her and pushed her out.

   "Stop worrying it's not like I have been gone for that long I still know how to act human." She looked glum but she nodded her head and said bye for the day. 

   When the door closed I felt like a child being left at home for the first time. There was so much to do and get away with but I don't know where to start. 

   I started with the backyard. I opened the sliding door in the kitchen and took one cautious step out. It was like I was locked away for years and now I am free and it feels amazing. I still had my old shoes on from all those years ago. I closed the door behind me. One foot in front of the other. As I kept going, my body found itself zooming through the fresh air. 

   They didn't close their gate so I ran out and through the streets. Block after block with out getting tired. The small tears spilling from my lids due to the winter air. This was like a dream come true for me. My body was on it's high and I sprinted back to the house. Just like the old days when I would run for miles. 

   When I finally got back to the house I dropped on the grass to catch my breath. It's was so great to be alive again. When I got up I went back to the back door again. I pulled the door but it wouldn't budge. I tugged it again. Still wouldn't move.

   "What the…it's locked?…it's locked!" I tugged on it again and I realized it was really locked. I banged on the door thinking some one would appear and unlock it for me but I was out of luck. My body was starting I get cold from the sweat so I had to think fast. I looked up and could see Hyemi's window opened slightly. I looked at the tree and jumped up to grab a branch. I grabbed it but when I pulled myself up stupid me didn't realize how thin the branch was. I heard a loud snap and I was on my back. 

   "Ughhh…oww…" I felt winded. How am I supposed to get back inside? I guess I can always break the door in but I would rather not leave damage on the house or Hyemi will kill me…

   I jumped up once more to get a hold of a bigger branch and wrapped my hands around it. I pulled my body up and started climbing. After about a 20 minutes of struggling, I got up to the biggest branch outside Hyemi's window. I swung my leg over and let out a huff.  

   "That was a mission. She should have told me that the door looks on it's own." I huffed and slid her window open. I fell inside and hit the floor. Good thing I didn't knock her guitar over. 

   I pulled myself from the floor and moved towards the door but I knock my hip on the edge of her dresser draw. When I went to push the draw in I noticed a small light brown book inside. I don't know where this burst if curiosity came from. I pushed the draw open slightly and with a shaky hand, I pulled the book out. I pulled apart the small red ribbon. When it opened a picture fell on to the floor. 

   Picture of a man and a little girl. About 2 or so. She was on his lap on a swing. He was kissing her tinny lips and she was giggling. It was the cutest thing. I looked at a couple of pages, just flipped through. I picked a page and out the picture back in. 

 
 ~You aren't listening to me are you? Why lead me down this path if I'm going to be alone? Last night…I tried to hurt myself. What is wrong with me? Chanyeol had no idea. He was sitting watching tv happily and I was upstairs…trying to drown myself. I filled the tub to the top. As cold as it could be. I read that it could help speed things up. I didn't go through with it and I feel I should have…why did you leave me again? I feel bad for Chanyeol and Maei le. They have to pick up the pieces no one cares for…~

   I couldn't help but feel bad horrible. I put the book back and just left the room. The rest of the day I waited for Hyemi to come back. 

   When she came home she sat on her bed and did her homework. I sat by the window. She tapped her pen against her book.

   "Luhan…can I ask you something?" She closed her text book and pushed it to the side.

   "What is it?" She fidgeted around a bit like she was struggling with her words.

   "This morning, you said it's not like you have been dead for a while. I guess it just had me wondering…how…uhmm how exactly-"

   "Did I die?" 

  There was a brief moment if silents. She let out a tinny sigh.

   "I'm sorry that was a stupid question. I mean, I asked you before but you never really told me. I know you were helping someone but you never told me really. I guess I just want to know more about you." I shook my head slightly and glanced out the window. 

   "I'll tell you. You deserve to know after all." She nodded her head slowly. 

   This was still so hard to talk about. Especially in my human form. It's like reliving everything. 

 

 

Authors Note: Sorry guys you have to wait till the next chapter to hear what happened. Recently my mind has been hazy, to the point I just want to die or run away somewhere alone. I want to scream and cry from a mountain top and stay up there where no on can find me. I feel like God is putting so much pressure on me and I can't stand it. Like some too my head in their hands and is squeezing as hard as they can. I feel like I'm dragging my boyfriend down with me and it feels like I'm just dead weight and holding him back. Now I really sound like Hyemi. Hope you all liked the chapter please don't forget to comment and upvote.