Chapter 14

Sent By God
I'm so sorry everyone. Apparently there was something wrong with my account and I couldn't do anything until it was fixed. I have a lot of updates I gotta read. I'm sorry guys.
 
             
 
             
                And so this is Christmas
  
                          Luhan Pov
 
 
    As I looked out on that cold December day, I couldn't help but smile. Today is Christmas. While I was alive, Christmas was a huge celebration at my house, along with New Years. Being with my family was something I cherished the most.
 
    After my death, I noticed that the parties got smaller and smaller. Mom and dad had divorced and the two families stopped seeing one another. My dad got a small apartment for himself and gave my mom the house. Jiao and her mom went over every Christmas to say hello and give him a present. Sometimes, when Jiao was free from her sudden busy life, she would come down to visit me. She would stay for a little then leave. I didn't follower her. I was scared to actually. If she grows more attached to me she can't move on. I liked looking down on her while she's there. Always a gentle smile and a red rose. After 10 minutes and a prayer, she was gone. 
 
    After I pushed my thoughts to the side, I turned to Hyemi's window. It's only 7:00 so I'll let her sleep more. It's Christmas after all. 
 
    She always sleeps so soundly. She is really beautiful while she sleeps. Well she's usually beautiful but she looks very peacefully while she is a sleep. She's one of those people you hate to wake up because they just look so cute. 
 
   I'm here on a mission I don't know how to execute. Make her realize her true beauty? How do I do that? I was told she would loose track of her soul mate if she doesn't find herself…how do I help her? Not as an angel but as a friend. How did I do it with Jiao?
 
   Well with Jiao it was different, I wanted her to fall for me and feel the way I did. My approach was different. Maybe I should start small? I don't know…compliments? Gifts? What do girls like? Things are different now. While I was her age we barely knew how to dress…baggy clothes were the style. We didn't have high tech stuff like they do now. The only things I was good at was singing and soccer. I caught Jiao by a of luck and now I'm supposed to recreate that with Hyemi? I'm starting to think I bit off more then I could chew. 
 
   Clearing my mind, I knocked on Hyemi's window. I saw her eyes open slowly.
 
   "School doesn't start yet…" she mumbled as she pulled the covers over her head. I giggled. I'm pulled the window up all the way.
 
   "You're right…but Christmas started at 12 so technically you're late." Her eyes shot open. She threw her bed sheets off quickly and jumped out of bed. She was rather excited. It made me smile. She opened the window all the way for me. 
 
   "How could I forget about Christmas?!" She got Chanyeol's gift out of her closet. I climbed in and sat on the edge of her bed. She put one a cute Santa hat with a fuzzy ball on the end of it. 
 
   "I'm gonna wake Chanyeol up!" She ran out of the room to Chanyeol's. I followed behind and stood in his door way. 
 
   She crept up quietly. With a smile, she jumped on his bed.
 
   "Wake up fool! It's Christmas! You're not gonna keep me waiting this year!" Chanyeol let out a groan and violently pulled his covers over his head. 
 
   "You only ever wake up early on Christmas…brat." Hyemi giggled. She shook his shoulders and pulled him out of bed. 
 
    "Come on! It's Christmas! No time for sleep!" She pulled on the sleeve of his grey baggy sweater.
 
   I could see the deep panda eyes Chanyeol had. His bed head bouncing and his sweater hanging off his shoulder. But…no matter how hard he tried to act pouty around Hyemi…I could see the happiness in his eyes. He's enjoying something special with his sister.
 
   The two rushed down stairs to the Christmas tree. 
 
   "Ok I got you a bunch of stuff so just open one by one." Hyemi smiled. 
 
   "I want you to open your gift first. I couldn't bring it down now because it would be to obvious. Close your eyes for a second ok?" He nodded and put his hands over his eyes. She ran quickly back to her room to grab his gift. 
 
   When she arrived, she placed the guitar case down in front of him. 
 
   "Ok…open your eyes." 
 
   Chanyeol was left breathless. He gently ran his fingers against the soft dark brown guitar case.
 
   "Hyemi…you didn't…" he looked up at her in shock. She looked away and pulled one of her gifts on her lap.
 
   "Just say thank you." She smiled.
 
   Chanyeol opened the case and was left breathless. A brand new acoustic cherry wood guitar rested happily in it's case. Their was not beating the smile I saw on Chanyeol's face. Gently moving the guitar to the side, he tackled Hyemi to the ground, tickling her sides and making her giggle uncontrollably.
 
   "You little punk! I love you so much! Who said to spend all that money on me huh?!" She finally got out of his touch and crawled to the side of their dark brown couch.
 
   "I wanted to do something nice for you Oppa! I know you work hard and don't have a lot of down time so when you so I thought it would be nice for you to practice again! No need to torture me!!" She pouted while throwing one of the couch pillows at him.
 
   "I'm really touched right now. Thanks a lot Hyemi. This is actually a really perfect gift. Just…don't spend money like this on me anymore. I'm the one with the job and the money so it's ok for me but…just don't spend your money on me." He moved closer to ruffle her hair. 
 
   "Ok now it's time for all your gifts. You ready? The two giggled.
 
   She opened her gifts and grew more happy with each one. The two spend their Christmas morning watching movies, eating and taking pictures. Once 12 hit, they cleaned up and started getting ready for everyone to come over. They set out the food and both took turns showering. Everyone was coming over and they wanted to be ready. Well…everyone except their mom and step dad. From what Hyemi told me, her mom could careless. 
 
   When the two finished getting ready, they cleaned up the house and got the food prepared. The 1st to ring the door bell was none other then Chanyeol's girlfriend Sulli and her 10 year old brother Taemin. 
 
   Chanyeol opened the door quietly while Hyemi was in the kitchen. He gently brought her and her brother in for introductions. I could see the nervousness in Sulli's eyes and how much she really wanted Hyemi to like her. 
 
   "Hyemi come here!" 
 
   Hyemi came to the door with a small cracker in . I giggled. She looked at Sulli and her brother standing in the door way. Both looked nervous. Hyemi shoved the rest of the cracker in .
 
   "Who's this Chanyeol?" She said with a full mouth. Chanyeol smiled.
 
   "This is Sulli, my girlfriend and this is her younger brother Taemin." Hyemi looked Sulli up and down, examining her fully.
 
   "It's n-nice to meet y-you finally. Chanyeol has told me a lot about you…good things! All good things! He didn't tell me anything bad! He said you're a great sister!" 
 
   Hyemi's eyes went wide before she broke out in laughter. 
 
   "Don't be so nervous please. I'm not gonna bite or anything. I just wanted to scare you. I'm Hyemi. Nice to meet you after 4 months. Chanyeol thought he was being 007 by not mentioning anything but I knew right away. My brother is a terrible liar." She nudged his shoulder. Sulli's shoulders dropped into a more relaxed state. She felt better. Hyemi exited to the kitchen again and I followed behind. 
 
   "You seem happy today Hyemi. It's Christmas I see." She smiled
 
   "Christmas always makes me feel good. I'm happy today. I don't want to think of anything else but my family, friends…and you." She smiled at me. 
 
   For some reason, her smile was different today. Is she finally starting to come into herself…or is it just for today? I can't understand females at all.
 
   Once Sulli and her brother came, everyone started to come. I helped out Hyemi as much as I can so she could get the food out on the table. She told Chanyeol she would take care of all the food and kitchen duties so no one even noticed any randomly floating plates of chips. 
 
   "Look we got all the food and everything already prepared. Why don't you go spend sometime with your family?" After she huffed and pushed the bangs from her tired eyes, she smiled.
 
   "Thanks Luhan. You can come out too no ones gonna notice anyway."
 
   "Notice what?"
 
   Jongin smiled as he walked into the kitchen. Hyemi quickly picked up a random utensil from the counter top.
 
   "No one will notice that I…dropped this…this spoon on the floor." He took the spoon from her hand and threw it in the sink.
 
   "Well I'm flattered you tried to feed me dirty food. Remind me not to let you cook for my dates." He flicked her head. 
 
   "How are you and Maei Lee doing? I wanted her to come today but her parents would never let her out on Christmas." He grabbed a chocolate chip cookie from the last tray we had to bring.
 
   "Things are pretty good so far. She's a real sweetheart. I think she's scared of me though. I'm not sure why." He smiled 
 
   "Well you are a playboy. And to be honest a little intimidating. I would be a bit scared of you too. It's that cocky smile of yours." She snatched the cookie from his hand. He pouted.
 
   "I'm not scary you brat. Maybe you can take some pointers from me so we can get you a damn boyfriend too Marry." He snatched the cookie back. I could tell Hyemi was annoyed at him for brining up her…purity.
 
   "I'm a by choice. I don't just give it up to every guy I see with a charming smile. More then I can say for you narcissist. If you break my friends heart I'll break your legs." 
 
    "When did little miss angle of God become so vicious? No wonder you have no boyfriend you're to head strong. Guys don't like girls with bigger balls then them."
 
   This discussion went back and forth until someone else entered the kitchen.
 
   "Hey! Don't talk about my little angle that way! She will remain pure and I touched till I die!" 
 
   "Taecyeon Oppa!" Hyemi said with a huge smile. 
 
    Since we have been stuck in this kitchen I had time to talk to Hyemi about the guest list and from what she told me about Taecyeon, he's been the one helping Chanyeol out a lot which Hyemi and the house. Since they were left on their own, Taecyeon had been the one the rely on the most and I think Hyemi has a bit of a crush on him but I'm not to sure.
 
   "How's my favorite sister doing?" She giggled.
 
   "I've been fine Oppa. Just trying to get out of school." 
 
   "Sounds good cupcake. I heard your performance is going viral. I'm so proud of you. I remember when you were a 10 you hated singing. Good job."
 
   "Wait…video…viral?" 
 
    ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
 
   "You recorded it?!" Everyone covered their ears. Hyemi's loud shouting practically shook the whole house. I thinks Sulli's brother is afraid of her.
 
  Apparently Chanyeol had recorded Hyemi's performance at the winter Talent show 2 days ago and had sent it to Jongin who posted it for the school to see. Which led to it going viral on YouTube. So far 650,000 views today. She seems pretty angry.
 
   "How could you guys do that?!" She said as she hit the two with the couch pillows. 
 
   "It's not a big deal Hyemi! Calm down! Just read the comments you'll feel better!"
 
   Chanyeol grabbed Hyemi's wrists and sat her down on the couch. They scrolled through some of the comments and read them aloud.
 
     "I wish I had a voice like that! I love F.T Island and hearing you sing Memory was exciting!"
 
     "Looking forward to more covers in the future!!"
 
     "Do you do any english covers?"
 
   Hyemi sat there quietly. Still a little annoyed but slowly, her shoulders started to relax and her features started to soften. 
 
   "You're so beautiful with a voice to match!!" Chanyeol read the final comment to her. A small smile cracked on to her lips.
 
   "This might be a bad time to say I told you so…so I'll just tell you later." I leaned over a whispered in her ear making her giggle.
 
   "Either way you guys still for putting that up with out telling me. At least give me the heads up about it. What if people at school see this? Half the school was at the show so I bet the other half went on the school site to see pictures and things. Most of them probably saw this. Next time ask me first." The boys nodded their heads. Chanyeol hugged her and kissed the top of her head.
 
   "Soooo…we can keep the video up?" She sighed and let her head drop down. She gave a small nod. The boys gave her soft pats on the head. She closed the lap top on the table.
 
   "Alright enough about this video! We should be getting ready for dinner."
 
    She led everyone to the kitchen where we had carefully spent all night preparing. Everyone smiled and quickly picked their seats. Hyemi sat next to Taecyeon and Jongin. Chanyeol took his spot next to Sulli. They said a small prayer before eating.
 
   Watching the laughter and the smiles everyone shared made me miss christmas at my house…it was so long ago. If I could spend another with them it would mean everything to me…
 
   While everyone was having their fun, I slipped away out of Hyemi's sight. I went up to her room. As is closed the door, I decided to go back to my human form. I grabbed one of Chanyeol's old coats and a hat Hyemi gave me. I put them on quickly before slipping out of Hyemi's window.
 
   I walked down the sidewalk. I enjoyed the cold air. The way it hit my face and added color to my cheeks. The sun was almost gone and the sky was fading out to black but in the distance was a beautiful orange that didn't seem to want to leave. It just hung on, forgetting it had the chance to see us again tomorrow. Beautiful things like that get a tomorrow…
 
   How do I only have this feeling when I'm human? I miss it so much but He was right. Being human again…the emotions are unavoidable…
 
   I feels so venerable, like the pain is just lingering on my soul and I thought I had gotten over it already.
 
   I continued to walk and think to myself. I got to a small park. I didn't notice it before. I didn't know it was here. I walked through it and noticed how old it was. The playground was old and run down. I looked around for any sign of life and I noticed something oddly familiar.
 
   A small tree. Dead center of the park. On its biggest and strongest branch was one single wooden plank attached to two ropes. A sweet make shift swing. 
 
   I moved closer to run my fingers along the rope. The touch felt so familiar. 
 
   The smell of the salty ocean hit my nose even though we weren't close to it. If I closed my eyes, I could see the captivating sight of Junmyeon pushing baby Lu on the swing. I could hear their laughter mixed in with the sound of the tree leaves swaying peacefully. Like a dance they didn't know anyone could see. 
 
   I open my eyes. I notice a small flower growing proudly next to the swing. I crouched down and picked the small pink flower. They are still here with me…is this from them?
 
   Small things like this remind me of Hyemi…and Jiao. 
 
   Both beautiful, funny, sweet and strong in the simplest ways. I see them both in little things like flowers. 
 
   I have come to realize why He chose me for this. Because Hyemi reminds me so much of Jiao. It makes the mission hard but I just want to get to the end that much more. I want her to feel as beautiful as she is…I want to help her grow that same confidence I did with Jiao. 
 
   "Sir? Are you alright?" I heard a delicate voice say from behind me. I turned to find a girl. Maybe about Hyemi's age, probably younger. It's dark she shouldn't be out here.
 
   "Yes I am fine. Why are you out here it's late. Are you lost?" She shook her head.
 
   "I had a school thing and you were crying so I wanted to ask. You don't look like predator so I stopped. I'm going to my grandma's house." 
 
Well at least I don't look like ual predator, that's a good sign. 
 
   "Who's your grandma? Does she live in the neighbor hood?"
 
   "Yeah Soojung, Kwon Soojung. She lives around down the way."
 
 Mrs. Kwon has a granddaughter? She never mentioned her.
 
   "You're Mrs. Keon's granddaughter? Mrs. Kwon that owns the huge garden and farm?" She nodded with a smile.
 
   "Yes do you know her? I had a late tutoring thing at school and didn't get to come early. I wanted to surprise her. Do you know my grandma well?" 
 
   "Yeah I help out in her garden when I can. She gives me free vegetables in return." We giggled.
 
   "Well I have to get home now and whatever you were upset about, it's probably not worth the tears." She bowed politely and skipped down the pathway. 
 
   It's funny, I didn't realize I was crying. 
 
   I wiped the tear tracks away and started heading back to Hyemi's. 
 
   When I made it back, I struggled to climb up back up to her window but hey it's good exercise for this body too. I don't want to be fat. Maybe I should start playing soccer again.
 
   I finally reached the window and pulled myself up.
 
   "Sneaking out I see." 
 
   I lost my grip and fell to the hard floor in Hyemi's room. She snorted and placed the bag with Chanyeol's gifts down.
 
   "I'm sorry, I just wanted to go for a small walk. I didn't want to intrude on your family dinner. I mean I know they can't see me but I felt like I was hovering." I could see her smile through the mirror. 
 
   "Well everyone went home. Sulli is still downstairs with Chanyeol since Taecyeon drove Taemin home. They're call cuddled up in his room. So don't worry you aren't hovering." She said with a small smile as she took of her jewelry. A comfortable silence took over. She opened up her dresser draw and pulled out a small red box with a silver bow. 
 
   "So…it's still Christmas for another hour. Maybe it's a good time to give you this." 
 
   She held the box out to me. I sat down on the edge of her bed and took the box from her hand. I slowly pulled open the silver bow and flipped open the red top. 
 
   I was left with a smile when I saw the simple white hand woven beanie. Once I pulled it from the box, I saw the small L written on the right side in English. 
 
   "That's not it…look in the box." 
 
   I looked down and noticed and small piece of paper folded at the bottom. I picked it up and unfolded it. I read the letter allowed.
 
   "Luhan…I don't know what to say besides thank you, thank you for everything. I see how lucky Jiao was to have you. I see how lucky I am too. To have a friend and a brother like you. I'm starting to come around to the idea of you helping me. I'm open to it now and I want you to help me. Or try to. When you showed me your memory that first day, when you first arrived. God said if I continue the way I am now, I'll lose my soul mate. Our paths will cross soon but I'll lose him if I don't try. I want you to help me. I'll help you. I know you're still sad about Jiao. I want to help you too. Merry Christmas Luhan."
 
   Without realizing, I had stood up and threw my arms around Hyemi. 
 
   "Thank you…you're a good friend Hyemi." She giggled and elbowed me in the side. I groaned in pain.
 
   "Don't get all emotional on me. We had enough of that for tonight."
 
   I smiled. I moved over to her bed and crouched down. I pulled the small bad out from under her bed.
 
   "Since we're exchanging gifts, I thought I would get you something too. I've been saving up the money from Mrs. Kwon and I thought I'd use some of it to get this. It's small."
 
   I handed her the bag. She hesitated before opening it. 
 
   "It's a book." She smiled. 
 
   "Another to add to your collection." 
I glanced over at her book shelf. 
 
   "Pieces of You…by Tablo!" She said with excitement. 
 
   "I've been trying to find this! Everytime I go to the book store it's always sold out or not in stock! How did you get this?!" She asked loudly. I quickly told her to lower her voice before Chanyeol comes up.
 
   "I didn't know this was such an important book. I was walking around town for a little when I finished in Mrs. Kwon's garden. I stopped off at a few stores and I came across this book. I just thought you'd like it." She bounced with excitement.
 
   "I love it!! Thank you so much!" She hugged me quickly before adding the book to her collection.
 
   "Well you should be getting ready for bed now. If you want to I mean." She hummed before shaking her head.
 
   "Not really tired yet. Wanna watch a movie with me?" I nodded my head and sat down on her bed.
 
   "Angel form please. I feel safer that way." I sighed
 
   "You're still afraid of me aren't you…" 
 
   "Well you're still a guy and this is reserved for my boyfriend in the future if I ever have one. So angel form please." I gave a small smile and quickly changed back. 
 
   "Whatever makes you more comfortable with me Hyemi I will do." She smiled.
 
   "Why are angels so formal? Just come watch the movie."
 
   We sat quietly together and watched the laptop screen. It was very peaceful and quiet. 
 
   She ended up falling a sleep. I closed the laptop and quietly climbed out the window.
 
   So she's starting to come around to the idea. I help her and she helps me. There is a lot more to her then u thought. She saw right through me even when I wasn't telling her anything. She can see what I'm feeling when I don't say it. She's special. Just like some one I know…
 
 
 
 
 
 
Authors Note: I'm sorry for that delay everyone. I'm still not sure what the account problem was but my stuff is working again and I can update. Finally…
 
 School started for me a few weeks ago and being a high school senior is killing me…the stress and the pressure is to much…