Chapter 10

Sent By God

 

                        Luhan's Story
       
                            No Pov
 
   
   It's our 1 year anniversary today. It's been 1 years since me and Jiao started dating and I swear I'm in love.

   Jiao means dainty and lovely. Which fits her well. She can be a diva but doesn't mind getting dirty which I like.

   We met on this soccer field outside of our school. I was just shooting the ball around when I kicked the ball a little to hard. I flew right into the bleachers and knocked a girls soda down. I went over to apologize, I thought she would mad but she wasn't. She smiled and said it was ok. Usually people get pissed and try to push me off the bench but she was ok about it. I helped her clean it up then we parted ways. 

   I soon started seeing her more. Everyday she would come to the field at 3:00 to watch me play with my friends. 

  I decided to go talk to her one day. She was crying and sat farther way from the field then usual. We talked for hours it seemed. I walked her home and we continued from there. 

   About 4 months later I kissed her for the first time. We were playing together on the field and I had knocked her over. We fell side by side laughing. My heart felt warm for the first time in a while. I rolled over on top of her. I rested my weight on one elbow and with my free hand I intertwined our fingers. I could see the nervousness in her eyes. She knew what I wanted and she wanted it just the same. It was a kiss that lasted forever in my mind. 

   I guess when you get to end you start thinking about the beginning. For me, my story starts at the end. A painful memory that introduces my short life. 

                    ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

   "Mìfēng…please let's not do this today. It's our anniversary." Luhan followed after his girlfriend who was storming away in anger.

   "Why can't we talk about it? Why can't we talk about the fact you're to good for me…that's what she said right?" This is when Luhan realized what this was all about. What Jiao was so upset about all day. 

   Earlier that morning before Luhan left to go pick Jiao up, he and his mother got into an argument. 

   See, Luhan's mother never liked Jiao since her and her family didn't come from money. Luhan's father how ever didn't mind Jiao at all, in fact he loved her. Luhan's mother tried to persuade her son to break up with the girl and and date Huidai. 

   Huidai was the daughter of one of the most famous hotel owners in China. He owned hotels in 20 different countries including 3 in China. To be honest she was beautiful and wasn't a bad person but she just wasn't the girl for Luhan. 
   
   He had told Jiao about the argument and she had been off all day. Now he realizes why.

   "Jiao…are you talking about my mother?" She reluctantly nodded her head. He sighed deeply.

   "Jiao…you know I'm not gonna leave you right? Just because my mother can't get out of her own head doesn't mean I'm gonna listen to her." She sniffled. Her small tears starting to bubble in her eyes.

   "Why am I not good enough? Why is nothing I do good enough? My looks aren't good enough neither is my personality. What am I good for?" A single year rolled from her cheeks. It was enough to break his heart. He doesn't see Jiao cry often. Until today he only saw her cry 3 times.

   "I don't see you that way. You know that I tell you everyday. I think you're beautiful and smart and funny. I just want you to see it." Luhan reached his hands out to wipe her tears gently. 

   "I'll never be good enough for her Luhan. She'll never approve of us. And your father won't say anything to her." She took Luhan's hands in hers. Her sniffled and tears coming harder.

   "I want you to be happy and on good terms with you're family. You'll never get there if I'm in you're way." Luhan could tell where this was going and he didn't like it. 

   "Jiao stop." He quickly pulled her in for a hug. Resting his head on hers. 

   "Please stop…" his plees were ignored. Jiao pulled away from the hug. Stepping back and wiping her tears. 

   "Huidai isn't such a bad girl. Stupid but she isn't bad. You'll be better off anyway. I think…I think we should break up. I don't want to hurt you more then I already have." She bowed slowly. Luhan desperately tried to force his words out but all that came out was tears. Tears as he watched the girl he loved turn around and walk away. She had walked around the corner.

   Luhan was ready to let his tears fall when he hear a shout. A shout followed by laughter. He quickly ran down the corner. His heart pounding from his chest when he reached the end of the block.

   "Come on we only bite when you resist." 

   A bad night quickly turned worse when Luhan eyed the scene. The love of his life was being harassed by 5 thugs on the side walk trying to get lucky. Luhan could smell the alcohol from a far.

   "Let her go you bastards!" Luhan shouted, quickly catching the men's attention. They turned and laughed.

   "Luhan help me!" Jiao called to her boyfriend as she fought against the men holding her.

   "Is this yours?" The tallest man asked. A smug look on his face. He had large broad shoulders and a messy suit. He gestured towards Jiao who was being violently held against a fence. Luhan's eyes darkened. 

   "Let her go. We don't want to fight…just let her go and we'll leave quietly." Luhan could see the fear in Jiao's eyes. She was being eyed hungrily by strange men. Her arm was in pain from being held so roughly. The mans hand was so large it wrapped around her arm completely. 

   "See I can't do that. I've taken a liking to your here. When I see something I like I have to have it and I always get it. Now here's how this is gonna work. Let me have her and you can leave here a free and unharmed man." The man laughed at an odviously frightened Luhan.

   He was pissed off and scared. This is his girl and these guys think they can just man handle her like that. Luhan gained his strength and courage in the blink of an eye.

   "Here's how this is gonna work. You guys are gonna let her go and we'll leave here quietly. We won't call the cops or get you 5 men arrested for those odviously illegal fire arms." Luhan's confidence was shaking. The men barked out harsh laughs.

   "Oh man you're a funny one but sadly we don't have time to stay and chat with you." 

   Things went from bad to worse and by worse…it got devastating.

   Two men scooped Jiao off the ground and onto the floor like she was a rag doll. She screamed loudly.

   "No! Please don't hurt her you can do what ever you want to me just don't hurt her!!" Luhan went to save his love from the hands of the cruel men that tried to harm her. Before he could move he was held back by two large me that seemed to not be putting any effort into restraining him. 

   "Stop!!" Jiao whaled out. Fighting to keep the hands from her body. She knew where this was going once the men tried to remove her pants. Pulling at her shirt and soon the torn piece of clothing was tossed away.

   The largest male moved towards Luhan with the sickest smile and eyes darker then the devil. 

   "She's mine now. You could have taken my offer and none of this would have happened. Now you can sit here and watch." The man smiled in Luhan's face. 

   The smile turned sour when Luhan made a quick and easy head . The male stumbled backwards. Luhan finally got free of the other mans grip and ran quickly towards Jiao.

   "Little !!" 

Loud shots were fired…things moved in slow motion till a scream was heard loud and clear

   "Luhaaaaan!!!" 

   
   Luhan…fell to his knees. He could feel the blood wetting his shirt and falling from his lips. He collapsed to the floor unable to move. Jiao's whales grew louder. All Luhan could hear was an oddly loud ringing and Jiao calling his name. 

   "You bastard!!! You ing monster!!" Jiao screamed at the tall male before spitting directly in his face. He gritted his teeth before a loud slap was heard followed by a yelp. 

Don't hurt her…Mìfēng…please…

   "Strip this ! What the is taking you so long!?" He shouted. He moved over to Luhan. He grabbed a fist full of his hair and pulled his head up violently. 

   "I told you I always get what I want. You can lay here and watch like the helpless you are while I your girl. I bet she's a too. I'll let you know what you missed out on." He whispered to Luhan. One of the men holding Luhan up slightly. Forcing him to watch what was about to unfold before him. 

   As the man go in front of Jiao's now practically body, she screamed and kicked.

   "Please!! Please I'm a please don't do this! Just let us go! We won't talk I swear just let me get him help! Pleaseeee!!! Don't!!" Luhan cried for her. With little strength he had left, he tried weakly to get out of the mans hold to save his precious flower. This only made the man hold him tighter and practically squeeze the life out of him.

   Last thing he could hear clearly was Jiao screaming out at the top of her lungs one last time as the man forced his way into her. His vision was started to get a bit foggy as if his mind didn't want him to what was happening to his once innocent lover.

   He wasn't gentle like she knew Luhan would be. He touched her rough and hard like she was just a toy to him. Nothing compared to Luhan's always soft and sweet caresses. Lips like the inside of a rose was her fantasy that was shattered by a demon who took her with out care. Her fight was from her and her body grew weak and limp. The arms that were forcing him back in a futile attempt to stop him, fell to the ground.  

   Her head turned to the side. Her and Luhan locked in a gaze. Eyes both flooded with tears. The two reached for each other. Fingers reaching out to grab the others hand in search for some kind of comfort through this storm.

   After the hours that felt like an eternity…after all the men that had their way with her. They left…they just left them there in the street to die.

   After a good minute of gathering her strength, Jiao dragged herself over to Luhan's limp body. She pulled his body onto her bruised thighs and gently brushed the hair from his eyes. He was cold. She could feel his shallow breaths but his lips and skin were shaking and blue.

   "Bâobèi…they're gone now…I'll call an ambulance and you'll be just fine just hang in there ok?" She whispered gently. Her hands were trembling with doubt…will he really be ok?

   Luhan's eyes opened. His usual sparkle had disappeared. 

   "Jiao…I have always loved you. I always will. After I'm gone…I want you to find someone that makes you happy…who can protect you better. Can you do that for me?" Jiao began to cry.

   "Luhan don't say that…you're going to be fine please…you…you can't leave. You said we would grow old together. You said we were gonna get married and have a bunch of kids. You can't leave me yet." 

   Luhan smiled weakly at her. Using his last breaths…

   "Its time to let go Jiao…I love you…I love you so much."

   "I love you too Luhan."

   His eyes closed and his breathing stopped. Jiao cried and cried until she couldn't anymore. She held his body close to her chest.

   When the ambulance came…they took them both Luhan and Jiao. It took them 20 minutes to release Luhan from Jiao's grip.


               ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

   Jiao had tested HIV positive after the encounter. She was left with a large scar that runs down her left thigh by the mans blade to keep her still.

   Since she had gone to the hospital immediately, all evidence was still fresh. 

   3 months later, Jiao hand picked all 5 of her attackers from a police line up one by one. The tallest male was last. 

   "Number 3…I'm positive" she told the detective as the looked at the 7 men in white jump suits on the other side of this two way glass. 

   "Number 3 please step forward. The rest exit the room." The detective sent two police officers in to arrest the man. Jiao moved closer to the glass. The man on the other side just smirked.

   "I told you I always get what I want…tell your boyfriend I said hi." He smiled as if he was talked directly to Jiao. He knew she was watching him. 

   She just watched as the officers escorted him out holding back her anger. 

   Luhan was pronounced dead on Friday 10:47 pm. January 14th, 2006. He was 17 years old.

   

 

 

 

Authors Note: I can't lie to you guys, I was shaking while I wrote this chapter. This is the first time I wrote such a tragic scene and I'm sure it won't be the last. I wanted to give you guys a better look at who Luhan is and his character. Maybe this makes it a little more clear as to why Luhan was chosen. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to comment and upvote ^^