CHAPTER TWO

The Deer and the Wolf 사슴과 늑대 [DISCONTINUED]

"LUHAN OPPA~~~~"

 

Sujin's morning call (or rather, shout) rung at one of Luhan's ears. Reluctantly, he got and growled. "What do you want?!"

 

"The mayor's going to pay a visit today! DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT?" Sujin cupped Luhan's face. 

 

"!" Luhan jumped out of his bed and dashed to the bathroom. Sujin, who was left behind, chuckled at her brother and shook her head. "As dorky as always.

 

X X X X X X X X X X

Kitchen

 

"Luhan-ah."

 

"Yes, appa?" Luhan replied as Mr Koo, the owner of the orphanage called him from the back.

 

"You know the mayor's coming, right?" He opened the fridge and handed a bottle of soya milk to Luhan, for the boy is a vegetarian.

 

"Yes..." Luhan opened the bottle with his favourite can-opener key-chain. He sensed a tense atmosphere. "What... happened?"

 

"The Mayor said not just he will be paying a visit, but he will also take the oldest orphan back to serve his son..." He sighed. Luhan froze. I just saw him last night and now I have to see him EVERYDAY?!

 

"So... I have to leave...?" Luhan asked. Quite a stupid question. Who else in the whole Sunny Love Orphanage is older than an 18-year-old boy?

 

"I'm afraid so." Mr Koo put one of his hand on Luhan's shoulder. "Are you ready?"

 

Luhan took a sip from the milk and said nothing. Mr Koo smiled at him and left him alone in the kitchen.

 

Luhan left out a big sigh. "I am, but is Sujin?"

 

X X X X X X X X X X

 

"Welcome, Mr Oh!" Mr Koo offered a handshake to the Mayor, Mr Oh with a big smile on his face. "Come in, let's have a chat. It's been years."

 

"Sure!" the Mayor laughed as he followed Mr Koo in. They had been friends since elementary school and never had a nice, proper conversation since one of them stood up as the Mayor.

 

Luhan peeked out from the windows to see who came along. Bodyguards, bodyguards, bodyguards... and of course,

 

"Oh Sehun." Luhan said to himself.

Shivers sent down his spines when he saw Sehun looking towards his directions. Those eyes, which every mad girl in school calls it the "vampire eyes", looked deadly to him. Luhan had never went to the school prom before, but he heard a lot of girls saying he looked extremely hot when he wore eyeliner. Luhan laughed silently to himself. "Any better than Bacon?"

 

Sehun felt a tickle on his nose and let out a big sneeze. "Was someone talking about me?"

 

Luhan laughed at Sehun's hilarious face when he sneezed, not realizing that his sister was behind him. "Oppa."

Luhan jumped out. He was the type of people who gets startled easily. "WHAT?"

"Appa wants to see you. He's at the dining room now." Sujin pouted and left. She turned back, "Are you looking at guys, oppa?"

 

"SHADDAP." Luhan rolled his eyes and said in his Chinese accent. Luhan was born Chinese, abandoned in Korea because of the China Laws of not having more than one son.

 

Luhan walked to the dining room, where Mr Koo and the Mayor were chatting. Mr Koo spotted the shy boy and gestured him, "Ah, yes, Luhan come over here!"

Luhan slowly went towards the two old men. "Annyeonghaseyo, Mr Oh." He made a 90° bow as the owner talked about Luhan. "He's the oldest here. He's most probably ready to go."

 

"Really? I see..." the Mayor scratched his chin. "How old are you?"

 

"I'm 18, sir."

 

"One year older than Sehun! Perfect," He clapped his hand. "Finally someone to lecture my son."

The words don't sound shocking to the teen. Gossips around the school said that the Mayor's son was a huge badass.

 

"Anson. Call Sehun here. " One of the few bodyguards nodded his head and went out of the room. a few minutes later, he dragged a reluctant boy into the room. Luhan looked up. Their eyes meet and Sehun's eyes grew wider.

 

"He's hired. Yours to order, Sehun." Sehun's eyes grew as wide as they had ever been as he looked at his father. This boy, this catch, is volunteering to tase my bite?

 

The Mayor said nothing, as his son didn't, he assumed that Sehun agreed. He looked back at the orphan and smiled. "Is a day enough to pack, dear? I'll pick you up tomorrow noon. Okay?"

 

Luhan turned his vision back to the mayor and slowly nodded his head. The Mayor stood up. "Then that's it. Shall we sign the contract?"

 

A piece of paper instantly appeared infront of Luhan, with a black pen. Luhan stared at the paper, not knowing what is he doing. He looked at Sehun. It always seems that both have some sort of connection within each other, whenever their eyes always looked into each other at the same time. Luhan wanted to reject, at first, but the longer their eye contact lasted, the more Luhan's hand ignored its owner and traced it's way to the pen and signed on the space. Sehun thought the doorway to heaven creaked open right in front of his eyes as he sees Luhan's hand leave the paper after signing. Amen.

 

X X X X X X X X X X

 

The next day

 

"Promise to visit again, son." Mr Koo hugged Luhan before he leaves the house, probably forever.

 

"I will, appa. Thank you for replacing my father." Luhan smiled and said.

 

"Oppa~~" Sujin cried heavily as everyone stood outside of the house to send their favourite big brother away. "Must you go?"

 

"I didn't want to, " Luhan squatted down and hugged his sister. "But I have to. I promise I'll come back, okay? Not like Hyunmin oppa."

 

"Promise?" Sujin, who is still hiccuping, stuck out her pinky finger.

 

"Promise. Study hard, young lady!" Luhan smiled as he stuck out his right pinky and hooked it on Sujin's.

 

"Time to go, Luhan." Sehun said, feeling disgusted at the cheesiness between the two orphans. it's not like Luhan's going to be a lifetime slave and not coming back.

Luhan looked at Sehun. "Oh... okay. Stop crying, Sujin! You're already ten!" he smiled at Sujin and wiped off the tears on the girls eyes. He finally turned back and followed his new family into the car.

 

As he closed the door, he waved to the children who are standing outside of the house, and also, his best father, Mr Koo. Tears finally formed in his eyes and rushed down his face. It's a new beginning, he said to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A new beginning which the ending could not be accurately predicted.


Cheesy update! ^_^

 

For once I've completely thought of the entire plot, which will have many intersecting bonus chapters.

 

Heyyy~ Can you guess which other two EXO members are the robbers? *evil laugh*

It's not hard~~

 

Thanks for the subscribes and comments everyone! All are much appreciated! ^_^

Bwattttt~ Comment more pweaseee? Tell me how to improve and make y'all read more comfortably. :)

 

'Til the next update, everyone! mani kidaehaejuseyo~