The Twins (II)

It Started With a Test-tube Burn (ON HIATUS :< )

"Only if you tell us apart correctly."

The poor child walked away from the twins in defeat.

The twins sat down on one of the benches in the park, watching the other kids play. At 8, they still could not find another playmate. Whenever they headed out to play, they made sure that they had their masks on — a personality mask. Well, technically, only the younger twin needed to put a mask on, since the older twin was already an anti-social person. The twins made sure that they were completely anti-social before heading out. They needed anti-sociable act to play their 'game'.

"We'll play with you if you tell us apart." The twins chorused monotonously. They have been playing this game for years, and although they were getting sick and tired of it, they knew that this was the only game that they would win in, without fail. This time was no exception. The boy who had approached them started walking away.

"My turn!" The twins heard a girl shouted at the twins. "Please ask me that question! I want to play with you!"

The twins looked at the girl and raised their brows before asking the girl.

The girl, hearing the question smiled. "Okay!", she replied and she skipped away from the boys. The boys stared at her as she skipped her way over to two other children, very surprised by her reply.

"She must be quite the idiot," the older twin muttered to the younger twin. The latter nodded.

This scene kept replaying every time the girl met the twins.

"Please ask me that question again! I want to play with you!"

"Can you tell us apart? If you do, we'll play with you."

"Okay!" And the girl once again skipped away.

The older twin smacked his face. "I am 100% positive that that girl is an idiot."

---

A new day arrived, and the girl approached the twins as usual.

"Please ask me that question again! I want to play with you!" she chirped happily. The boys repeated their words the day before, sighing to themselves.

The girl, this time round, did not give an immediate reply. Instead, she squatted down and scanned the twins up and down. After a few moments, the girl jumped up and said "Okay!" once more, and prepared to leave.

"Are you wasting out time?!" The older twin stood up abruptly and shouted at the girl angrily.

"Oi," the younger twin hurriedly tugged at the older twin's sleeve, trying to make him keep his volume down. "don't make a ruckus here!"

"How can you stand this idiot here? It's like she's making a fool of us!"

The girl smiled to herself and turned to look at the boys. She pointed her index finger at the older twin then the younger twin, saying their names as she pointed.

The twins were rendered speechless. For the past few months, this girl had just been coming up to annoy the two of them. They did not even tell her their names, and yet she had managed to beat the twins in their own game.

"How..." the twins managed to utter as they gaped at the smiling girl.

The girl cocked her head to one side and smiled even more brightly than ever. "Play with me, won't you two?"

And at that moment, the sound of metal collapsing rung in the twins' ears.

This girl has managed to do something incredible to them.

 

 

 


 

Hi guys! 

I know that I said that the next update would be after my 'O' levels, but I thought that it would be a little too long for you guys to wait, thus I decided to type out a draft and break it into parts to update while I'm having my exams. SO HERE'S PART II 4 U. :D

This was pre-written, so this didn't hinder my studying sessions hehe.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, 'O' levels is actually pretty stressful. /cries a river from stress/. But the papers so far were pretty manageable (screw Social Studies hahaha the SBQ ), and I hope that my other papers will be as manageable.

JUST 3 MORE WEEKS. I CAN TASTE THE RAINBOW FREEDOM ALREADY. /continues to mug for exams/

Sorry if there're any possible mistakes! I'll correct them again after 'O' levels.

Most importantly, I hope that you guys enjoy it!

Ciao!

-L