Before it began

It Started With a Test-tube Burn (ON HIATUS :< )

I slammed my manga shut and sighed to myself. Adorable male manga characters are the definition of perfect. Tall, blessed with a flawless appearance, have outstanding personalities (even those with horrible attitudes at the beginning of the story, because they become nicer as the story progresses) and have talents.

Most importantly, they are not total jerks. Unlike real-life guys.

I looked dreamily out of the window and created a world of fantasy in my head. What if I was a bishoujo in a manga and my boyfriend was this super hot bishounen and we have a happy ending? Or or or, maybe a perfect bishounen can jump out of the book and propose to me. I imagined getting proposed to by Shiimizu from 'La Corda D'Oro'.

"Jacklyn," Shiimizu knelt down in front of me and looking at me with those cute and sleepy eyes. Holding up a ring made from a freshly plucked purple lilac, he popped the question.

"Marry me, won't you?"

"OH MY GOD," I covered my mouth with my hands, in shock."Yes, I do. I DO!"

Someone snickered, and then I heard people erupt into laughter. I snapped out of my imagination and realised that I turned my imagination into action and accidentally acted it out. My ears started to burn and my face felt hot. I hurriedly sat down and covered my face with the math textbook set in front of me.

The chatters and giggles continued and I felt myself turning redder as time passes. Mentally slapping myself, I wondered how the hell did I lose myself in the world of my imagination.

"Hey, ever since she got dumped by that teenage star a year ago, she's been really into those Japanese comics with those male characters, right?" I heard someone ask a fellow classmate.

"Keep your voice down!" I heard the other person reply. "She'll hear you!"

"Whatever, I don't care anyway," The first person spoke in an even louder voice that before. "It's better that she hears it anyway. She's so ugly, it's no wonder why Jun broke up with her." Chatters started to die down and I felt stares piercing through my thick textbook and pointing at me fiercely. "Jun deserves better, like his new girlfriend. That hot babe... What was her name again? Ah yes, that pretty girl from 4-1, Sakura."

I swallowed hard and tried to ignore whatever that girl said.

"You're crossing the line, Aurora," I heard Jovonne stand up for me. "Maybe you should go get some breath fresheners because your mouth reeks the smell of bull."

"Aurora, BURN!" Some male classmates jeered at Aurora and I sneaked a glance at her. hung opened and she just stared at Jovonne as Jovonne walked towards me and grabbed my wrist. "Let's go for recess."

"O.. Oh okay," I answered timidly as I was being dragged out by Jovonne. I smiled to myself. Thank god for Jovonne.

"Ignore what Aurora said, she just loves to make people's lives miserable. Jovonne handed me a bag of my favourite fruits and I gladly accepted it. We sat down and ate in silence. While eating, I started to fantasise about going out with manga characters. Just as I was reaching the best part, I felt a knock on my head.

"Ouch!" I yelped and placed my hands over my head in pain, dropping the bag of fruits on the tray. "What was that for?"

"Stop it with your pointless fantasies, you idiot," Jovonne scolded. "Start opening your eyes and look for better guys. It's time for you to move on from Jun," Jovonne paused before continuing. "It's his loss for dumping you. If you wallow in self-pity by immersing yourself in your crazy fantasies, you won't be able to meet a great guy."

"Guys ," I replied Jovonne bluntly.

"Who ?" I heard a male voice from behind me and I tensed up. The voice chuckled and the owner of the voice knocked my head.

"Ow!" I yelped again, this time in annoyance and turned around."Stupid Chanyeol, not you too!"

Chanyeol frowned. "Too? You mean..." Chanyeol pointed a finger at Jovonne. "You knocked her head as well?" Jovonne gave a giggle and I glared at her. Chanyeol gave a small laugh and settled down beside Jovonne.

"Sorry I haven't been able to join you guys," Chanyeol apologised. "The volleyball tournaments are coming up, so we need to train as much as possible."

"Forget it, chanyeol," Jovonne waved a hand at Chanyeol, signalling him to go away, jokingly. "Me and Jacklyn no longer consider you as a friend anymore. Just go. Our 9-year friendship ends here." Chanyeol pouted at Jovonne like a puppy begging for a doggy treat. Both me and Jovonne giggled at Chanyeol and we both clonked Chanyeol's head simultaneously.

That's right, the only guy I can't bring myself to hate is Chanyeol. He is different from other guys. He protected me and Jovonne when we were young, and he still protects us now. Chanyeol took care of me when I became sick after Jun dumped me and refused to take responsibility, and he stopped Jovonne from committing a crime because of me being sick after a traumatising break-up.

You probably know what Jovonne tried to do.

The discipline master blew his whistle loudly, signalling us to go back to class. Chanyeol gave me and Jovonne a peck on our foreheads and ruffling our hair before running off to his class. Jovonne tsked at Chanyeol and tidied her hair, whereas I wiped my forehead before tidying my bangs.

"That Chanyeol," Jovonne grumbled. "he always treats us like children." I giggled.

"Jo, what's the next lesson?" I casually asked.

"I think it's chemistry," Jovonne answered me as she looked at the time-table in her wallet. "Yup. We have a lab session today, so let's hurry up and go prepare for lab session."

"Mmm!" I replied enthusiastically and skipped off with Jovonne.

 


 

Sorry for this awkward chapter and my awkward English.

T_T