The Twins (I)

It Started With a Test-tube Burn (ON HIATUS :< )

On the 4th of July, 199x, two twin boys were born into a loving family. The boys grew up in an environment where they were treated like princes. They never had to worry about not having enough food on their table,and they had everything they wanted. Well, almost everything. What they had always wanted and longed for was a playmate. A playmate that was sincere towards them, not because of their social status. A playmate that could tell the both of them apart at one glance.

Both boys, although twins, had contrasting personalities that were only shown to people whom they were close to. The older twin was an arrogant little boy that was very cold to others that he doesn't like; the younger twin had a personality that was like sunshine — bubbly and carefree. The younger twin loved his brother dearly, and so did the older twin. They were inseparable. There was almost never a moment where they were ever apart.

The life of being a twin in school was difficult. The boys often get mistaken for each other, which made them disappointed and angry at the same time. At first, they were fine with it, until one day the teacher started reprimanding the younger twin for what the older twin had done, thinking that it was the older twin. Obviously, the younger twin was utterly confused, and he started to cry. Since the twins were almost never apart, the older twin stepped in to protect his brother.

"I'm the one you wanted to find, not him," the older boy told the teacher sternly while patting him younger brother's head. "Please apologise."

The teacher's face started to turn red from embarassment. Trying to defend herself, she put the blame on the younger twin.

"Well, he should had said that it wasn't him! How would I know that he isn't you?" The teacher retorted.

"Please apologise to my brother," the older twin repeated. "You scolded him for something he hasn't done,so you must say that you're sorry."

"Rather than that," the teacher continued, ignoring the older twin's request. "why did you punch Andrew? And why didn't you apologise?"

"I punched Andrew because he insulted you in class the other day, saying that you were a horrible teacher. My brother told him that he shouldn't do that, and he tried to kick him in the shin. Trying to protect my younger brother, I punched him in the face." The older brother explained. "I didn't apologise because I was merely defending my brother. Andrew attacked first, so he should apologise first." The older twin paused. "So, please apologise to my younger brother, because you were in the wrong."

"I do not see a reason for me to apologise.Get out of the staff room now." The teacher swivelled her chair to face her desk and continued to mark her work.

The older twin gave an annoyed smirk. "Now I know why Andrew said those words that day."

The teacher turned her head to face the twins. "What?"

The older twin looked up from the floor and gave the teacher a menacing glare that made the teacher's hairs stand on its ends. "Teachers are just a bunch of people who put their pride above anything else. Miss Su is probably one of the best examples." The older twin gave the teacher a soft smile that had a hint of evil. "Please pack your desk by tonight, Miss Su."

"I wish you luck. Because you'll be needing a lot of it from tomorrow onwards." The twins chorused as the left the staff room together. Standing at the door, they gave Miss Su a genuine smile that caused all the teachers in the staff room to freeze before trotting away down the corridor.

And the next day, Miss Su was fired. From the twins' knowledge, the female teacher had trouble finding a new job in the education sector after months for offending the twins. Left with no choice, they heard that she has decided to enter ion after being driven into a corner.

Served her right, thought the twins.

The twins decided to erect an additional barricade in their hearts, in addition to the sealed gates that only the ones they trusted could open, to prevent them from trusting anyone anymore.

 

 


 

Hi guys! 

I know that I said that the next update would be after my 'O' levels, but I thought that it would be a little too long for you guys to wait, thus I decided to type out a draft and break it into parts to update while I'm having my exams.

This was pre-written, so this didn't hinder my studying sessions hehe.

Sorry if there're any possible mistakes! I'll correct them again after 'O' levels.

And I'm SO SORRY about my punctuations. I'm not accustomed to typing with a space after a punctuation and I don't get affected by it when I read, so I didn't realise how annoying it was for you guys. Biannae, readers /bows/ .

Also, I'm sorry for hiding this chapter multiple times. I was checking to make sure that the logic in the story plot does not crash. If you get what I mean.

Most importantly, I hope that you guys enjoy it!

Ciao!

-L