The Twins (V)

It Started With a Test-tube Burn (ON HIATUS :< )

 

"You did WHAT?!" The younger twin pinned his brother to the floor. "HOW COULD YOU? DIDN'T YOU REGARD HER AS YOUR PRECIOUS TREASURE? HOW CAN YOU BREAK WHAT YOU LOVE SO EASILY LIKE THAT?! YOU...!"

"I was drunk! I didn't expect it to happen, either!" The older twin struggled under the weight of his brother. "Did you actually think that I wanted it to happen?"

"WHY WERE YOU DRINKING IN THE FIRST PLACE?! WE'RE UNDERAGE, FOR GOD'S SAKE." The younger twin went berserk.

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW. THE PARTY I WENT TO ONLY SERVED ALCOHOL."

"THEN WHY DID YOU EVEN GO THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

"FOR WORK, OBVIOUSLY. MY MANAGER HAD ME GO THERE."

"YOU IDIOT." The younger twin screamed before punching his brother's face. "THEN HEAD HOME IMMEDIATELY! WHY DIDN'T YOU DO SO?!"

The older twin stopped squirming and relaxed his body. His eyebrows were knitted, and his eyes were showing guilt. "I...don't know. I just wanted to see her."

The younger twin had also managed to calm himself down. "Why?"

"Manager...found out. She...told me to break it off."

"Then?"

"She...told me that she liked me..."

"What? Is she trying to hit on a 1—"

"...and if I don't break it with her, manager will ruin my career."

"So you went over and tried to break with her by doing such a despicable thing?"

"I just...wanted her to remember me for the rest of her life."

The younger brother, although understanding his twin's reason, sighed with disappointment. The twin he had loved dearly had finally done it.

"You..." the younger brother uttered, clearly hurt, disappointed and disgusted beyond words by his brother's impulsive action.

"...just ing die already."

 


 

Take picked up the photo sitting by his bedside and sighed while looking at it. Yes, he still resented his brother for hurting the girl he loved and he still has not forgiven him, but he still loved him. After all, they were twins, born from the same egg, bound together by blood.

"You know, if you weren't such a jerk that day, I wouldn't had said those nasty things. I wouldn't had asked you to go and die, knowing that you would do as you were told. You were such an idiot, taking your my words so seriously."

"Sorry for taking it seriously," Jun replied, leaning against Take's wardrobe. 

"Apology accepted," Take turned to look at Jun. "...not."

Jun chuckled. "Well, at least she isn't avoiding other boys anymore, seeing that that Kris guy is hanging around her."

"She wouldn't had avoided boys in the first place if not for you, you basket."

Jun looked up at the plain ceiling. "That Kris dude is pretty smart."

"Not like SOMEONE that I know who tried to undo the situation by doing something even more despicable, then listening to what I said and died in an accident."

Jun looked at Take before looking sadly at the floor.

"You regret it,don't you?" Take sighed.

"I honestly...wanted her to remember me the other time..."

"She still remembers you, and she's avoiding me like crazy."

Jun his chin. "Don't you think that it's kind of funny?"

"What is?"

"How she could tell us apart when we were younger even if our backs were facing her...."

"Not surprising. It's Jacklyn, after all."

"...but she still doesn't realise that you're Take and not me."

Take cocked his head to one side, analysing what his twin had just said. "Now that you mention it..."

Jun walked towards Take and put his hands on Take's shoulder. "Well, she's an idiot anyway. But please, do whatever you can, okay?"

Take swept his brother's hands away. "Got it.Don't touch me, you bastard ghost."

Jun smiled. "That's what I am. You're a bastard too, that is, if you haven't realised. By the way,you're pretty idiotic as well."

Take rolled his eyes at Jun before making his way towards his study desk and pulling out a diary and writing in it.

Today,Kris found out.

"I know I'm idiotic for pretending to be you. And I was so stupid for not snatching her away from you two years ago," Take slammed the diary shut and cupped his face, sighing even more deeply than before. "If I had, none of this would had happened."

Jun scratched his head and nodded. After that, there was a long pause before Take started to speak.

"You know, Ju-"

But Jun was already gone.

Take cursed Jun loudly before swivelling his chair to face the huge photo frame hung in his room.

It was the portrait of him, Jun and Jacklyn when they were younger and more innocent.

 

 

 

 


 

Hi guys! 

This is the last part to the twins' past! I'll be continuing with the main story after this!

I still haven't completed the next chapter yet, so please wait! :P

Sorry if there're any possible mistakes! I'll correct them again next time!

Most importantly, I hope that you guys enjoy it!

Ciao!

-L