Discovered

It Started With a Test-tube Burn (ON HIATUS :< )

I ran as fast and as far as my stick-like legs could take me, without even stopping to catch my breath. I needed to catch something even more important to me first. I blinked away the tears in my eyes and wiped it away with my arm to clear my vision.

"Oi, don't just dash out of the house like that and not closing the door," Kris shouted from behind me, but I didn't turn around and give him a response. I didn't have time.

"Oi," a hand grabbed my arm and stopped me in my tracks. Reluctantly, I turned my head to face Kris to throw him a death glare. Ignoring my expression, he continued.

"Taking the taxi would be faster. You know his address, right? Come." Kris dragged me toward the main road and flagged down a taxi. Hurriedly hopping on, I told the driver the address of our destination and drove off.

Please let Teppei be safe.

 

 


 

 

"Open up,you ," I banged loudly at the door repeatedly, and Kris pressed the doorbell for me continuously. "I know you're in there with Teppei!" The door swung open and there stood Jun, cradling a sleeping Teppei in his arms.

"Shh..." Jun placed a finger on his lips. "The child is sleeping."

"Give him to me," I hissed as I snatched the sleeping Teppei away from Jun. Turning to Kris, I gestured him to leave with me.

"Jac...Jac? Is that you?" A voice belonging to an old lady called out to me and I turned around. There stood Jun's grandmother, her arm trembling as she gripped hard on her walking stick. "Jac?"

"Grandma..." I hurried over to her to support her after getting Kris to carry Teppei.

"You haven't been coming...I missed you and 'Pei a lot," Grandma spoke. "Sorry that I got Take to bring Teppei home. I really wanted to see your face again."

"Ah ma," Jun clucked his tongue. "I'm Jun, not Take lah."

"Come," Grandma tugged on my arm and led me into the house, ignoring Jun. "Jun must had missed you in heaven." After lighting a few joss-sticks and blowing out the flame, she handed them to me. Unable to reject, I took the joss-sticks and paid my respects to Take.

Take, Grandma's memory is getting bad. She thinks that you're Jun and Jun is you. Please look over her in heaven so that she doesn't forget her way home next time. You're missed by all. See you again.

I passed my joss-sticks to Grandma, who smiled at me as she placed the joss-sticks on the altar for me. Grandma's smile was warm but painful, and it pierced my heart. To have lost a wonderful grandson in an accident must had been devastating for a widow whose daughter and son-in-law abandoned her and her grandsons. It was cruel.

"Grandma, I have to leave now," I greeted goodbye. "I promise that I will visit you when I'm free," Grandma looked at me with disappointed eyes and nodded.

"Kris, let's go," I called.Kris passed Teppei back to me.

"You go ahead. I want to talk to Jun for a moment," Kris replied and I widened my eyes at him. Seeing my expression, Kris gave my head a soft pat. "Don't worry,we're not going to fight."

I eyed at both Jun and Kris suspiciously before leaving them.

 

I wonder what Kris and Jun are going to talk about.

 

 


 

 

"Kris, let's go," Jacklyn called out to me and I passed Teppei back to her.

"You go ahead. I want to talk to Jun for a moment," I gave her a reply, only to find her giving me an incredulous stare. I assured her with a soft pat on her head. "Don't worry, we're not going to fight." Jacklyn nodded, and only when she left, I spoke to the man in front of me.

"So,Take," I spoke coolly. "what are you doing?"

Take glared at me. "I'm Jun, not Take. Take is over," he pointed to the altar. "there."

I gave a small chuckle before continuing. "You can't lie to me like how you like to Jacklyn. I did a background check on you. You're Take, the younger twin of Jun. You managed to fool everyone at school and your brother's agency, making them believe that the one dead was you and not Jun. You live just like Jun, right down to the most minute details. You even adopted his personality, which is the complete opposite of yours. You did all you could to be Jun, but what I cannot understand is," I pinned Take to the wall. "why you are doing all this."

"Damn you..." Take cursed me.

"Right back at you, for lying to Jacklyn. It's okay if you lied to the whole world, but you lied to Jacklyn. She believed that Jun was alive. Even though we all know that she hates him on the surface, she actually still harbour feelings for him despite what he did. So," I placed my face closer to Take's. "why?"

"I did it...for Jacklyn." Take said slowly. I smirked before putting on a stern expression again.

"So,why..?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I'm so sorry for the lack of updates >< The term was HECTIC and I literally breezed through everyday like nobody's business.My prelim exams took so much toll on me that I was completely exhausted by the time prelims finally ended,and then I had to continue mugging for my upcoming 'O' level exams.My schedules are so busy ugh ugh ugh T_T National exams are so stressful asdfghjkl.

P.s. My 'O' levels are starting in 1 week's time,beginning with science practicals.

UGH SCHOOL BUT I'M GRADUATING FROM MY SECONDARY SCHOOL TOMORROW HOORAYYYYYYYYY.NO MORE SCHOOL FOR THE YEAR.(jk I have to go back school to consult teachers and .)

Anyway,I have to apologise to my subscribers for making them wait so long for a short chapter that only link things up.Sigh.I sincerely apologise *kowtows*

I won't be updating this story anymore,until my last paper is over.I don't want to risk going to ITE.I want to at least make it to MI,even if I don't qualify for JC.Therefore,you awesome subscribers will have to wait until after November 11 (in Singapore) before receiving a new update.

I know.Another month of waiting.I feel you.I hate waiting for new chapters to come out.BUT I REALLY HAVE TO PUSH IT BACK :( 

Okay,see you guys in my next update (in a month's time) ;)

 

-L