Chapter Seventeen

Love In The Ice

The next morning, Kyuhyun woke up to the feeling of fingertips moving up and down his chest. It was one of the first mornings he wasn’t woken up to an elbow to his gut, a kick, or loud snoring, so it was odd, but enjoyable. Especially the weight that was lying on his shoulder and the warm body curled up to his. He’d never experienced it before, even with Mina, after they did their deed, that was it, the next morning was just a blur of trying to get up and get clothes on and be on their way.

But this. This was something else entirely. And Kyuhyun liked it. He definitely liked it.

His hand came up to run through the head of hair that was resting on his shoulder, feeling the fingers freeze on his chest. He glanced down to see the angel looking up at him, noticing that he was awake now. Yesung smiled softly, it was still a sleepy looking smile, but it was beautiful and almost made Kyuhyun’s heart stop.

“Good morning, Kyuhyun. I didn’t mean to wake you.”

Kyuhyun shrugged with his other shoulder that didn’t have the angel’s head resting on it, yawning, “Eh, that’s fine, I probably should be waking up soon—” he paused to glance at the clock on the bedside table, “Yeah, I definitely should be up by now.”

“But it’s so nice here in bed,” Yesung almost whined, clinging to the man that was currently trying to sit up and get ready for the day, “I think this bed is softer than the one at the other hotel, the blankets are softer and more comfy too.” He wrapped his arm around Kyuhyun’s waist along with his leg entangling around one of the man’s legs in an attempt to keep him in the bed longer.

“Ah, I didn’t notice anything different about the bed, but seriously, we need to get up and get ready for the day. Eunhyuk and Donghae are—”

“They’ve already went out for breakfast, Kyuhyun. They came by the room earlier and asked if we wanted to get breakfast with them, and I told them you were still asleep so Eunhyuk said that they’d bring us something back to eat.”

“What? How long ago?” He paused for a moment, from the leg currently wrapped around his own, he felt that the angel was still , “Please tell me that you didn’t answer the door .”

Yesung shook his head, a confused expression on his face, “No? I wrapped the blanket around me since it was a bit cool in the room, so I wasn’t completely . And they just left about ten minutes ago.”

Kyuhyun sighed in relief, “So I have time to get up and get ready, you need to get dressed as well.”

The angel whined, “But I want to stay in bed all day, don’t you?” His hold around the man tightened as he leaned up to press his lips to Kyuhyun’s neck.

Exhaling sharply, Kyuhyun shook him off, refusing to give in, “No, we have to get ready and move onto the next city. Once we’re there, depending on what time of day it is, we’ll stay in another hotel, alright?”

“But I want you now…” that bottom lip was poked out again in a pout as the angel looked up at him.

Kyuhyun couldn’t stop himself from leaning down and pressing his lips against that pouting mouth. Yesung kissed back eagerly, glad he’d won the battle, his hands coming up to run through the man’s hair as he started to get on top of Kyuhyun. But just as Yesung the man’s lips, wanting entrance, Kyuhyun pushed him back.

“No, no, no, we can’t do this now. We have to get read—mph—” He was cut off again by those lips pressing against his, and he finally decided to give in.

They had about thirty minutes to an hour before Donghae and Eunhyuk returned, he could please the angel and then get ready for the day in that amount of time. He pulled back for a moment to move to lean up against the headboard of the bed, his back coming in contact with the cool wood just as Yesung’s lips pressed back against his. His mouth opening as their tongues met, Yesung straddled his lap, brushing against him as his hands came to rest on the angel’s hips.

He couldn’t get enough of this. They’d already done this so much already and yet he still couldn’t get enough of the feel of the angel around him, those lips pressed against his, the scent of Yesung’s skin, the soft noises leaving those lips as he devoured him, and soft murmurs of his name that he’d catch the angel whimpering every so often. He just couldn’t stop himself from wanting these moments.

How would he go on with yearning for this after the angel was taken away from him? He froze at the thought; he pulled away just as Yesung wrapped his hand around him. He groaned at the contact but quickly pulled Yesung’s hand off him, pushing the angel off him as he stared at the windows, then all around the room. The conversation from last night with his employer was coming back to him.

There were spies watching them now, and who knew if they were already watching them or inside the room hiding or had cameras watching them or maybe they were even peeking out of the vents in the ceiling. They could be watching what he and Yesung were doing and then they would report it back to Mr. Choi. He would have hell to pay and probably a bounty put out on his head if their employer found out about this.

“Kyuhyun? Just once this morning, please?” Yesung asked, still desperate for something between them as he tried to touch the man again.

But the hunter shook him off, slipping out of bed, and trying to ignore the fact that he was already hard, “We can’t, not here. I’ll give you what you want when we get to the next town over, alright? Just chill until then,” he said as he started getting his clothes and was about to walk into the bathroom when he realized, there were no windows in the bathroom, only one vent that he could easily see into, but the rest of the room was closed off aside from the door.

He turned back to see the angel moping as he started to get up from the bed to find some of his clothes. Kyuhyun sighed to himself, surely no spies would be anywhere in the bathroom, right? He was going to press his luck and hope that there weren’t.

“Yesung? Join me in the shower,” the hunter stated, opening the door to the bathroom and entering just as Yesung sprang up from the bed and followed him in, a slight limp already in his walk from last night.

The angel reached into the shower to turn on the water so it’d be a good temperature while he waited for Kyuhyun to step in first, he surprised Kyuhyun when he hesitated about stepping after him, “Do… do we have time? I mean—”

“You’re actually worried about that now? After I’ve already given in to you?” Kyuhyun chuckled.

“Well… I just… I don’t want—”

Kyuhyun pulled the angel into the shower, pressing him up against the wall as the water poured down his back. “Its fine, Yesung. Eunhyuk and Donghae will understand if we’re a little late at getting ready.” He cupped the angel’s cheek, bringing their lips together.

Yesung sighed into the kiss, finally getting to enjoy those lips, but then he pulled back with a question, “If we would be okay with Eunhyuk and Donghae, why couldn’t we do this on the bed?”

The hunter didn’t want to say because there were probably spies watching them and could probably see into the room, so he shrugged, “I like taking you in the shower. You don’t like it?” He murmured as he started kissing down Yesung’s neck, he knew that the angel wasn’t done talking yet, his hands were still on Kyuhyun’s shoulders. Once the angel wanted more kisses, he’d just grab Kyuhyun’s head and bring him back up for more.

“Well… it is different, and I do like it, but the bed was soft,” he said before gasping at the teeth nibbling at his neck.

“Is that all you wanted? The softness of the bed?” Kyuhyun chuckled against Yesung’s neck, feeling the shiver run through the angel.

“It is more convenient.”

Kyuhyun sighed, “The next hotel, I’ll take you on the bed all night long if that’ll make you happy, okay? Now shut up and let’s get on with this before the water turns cold.” He didn’t wait for an answer from the angel as he covered Yesung’s mouth with his own.

 

--

 

“So you’re saying that there are spies watching us now?” Donghae asked once they’d got onto one of the subways to the next town. He looked around the closed space of the subway to try and spot anyone that looked out of place. Kyuhyun had just informed of the conversation with their employer and he was worried now, they never had the employer offer to help me with any missions nor had they ever been spied on by an employer. “Why exactly did he send spies or his men out to help us?”

Kyuhyun sighed, “Because I made the stupid mistake of telling him what happened to Yesung. The night he got grazed by that bullet, I called and asked how to take the necklace off to heal and went into details on what happened.” He rubbed at his temples, throwing a glance back at Yesung, who was currently staring out the window with Eunhyuk beside him. “I guess he’s just making sure that Yesung isn’t hurt anymore.”

Donghae shrugged, he could understand that. Something as valuable as an angel, the employer would want the being heavily guarded and taken care of… even if he was just going to torture the creature once he got him back.

“You are taking extra caution now though, right?” The hunter asked, nodding towards Yesung. “The curtains are drawn and everything at night, yeah?”

Kyuhyun felt his neck and ears heat up, he did not want to talk about this. “We, um, did everything before I called last night and was informed but the curtains were already closed.”

Donghae nodded, “You should be careful now, because Mr. Choi will probably have his men kill you and us for what you’ve been doing and then take off with Yesung.”

“I will.”

“By the way, are you still seriously going to take him back to that man? The man that possibly tortured and him?”

The leader paused for a moment before answering. He had been rethinking his decision, but the outcome on both ends . If he told Yesung the truth, then the angel probably wouldn’t want anything else to do with him, and if he wasn’t wearing the necklace at the time of the confession, he probably wouldn’t live to beg for forgiveness. And if he took the angel back to their employer and left him, then he’d just be tied to the man’s bed and continuous, and Kyuhyun would be left with the guilt of putting the angel through that again. So yeah, he was screwed either way.

“I don’t know. I was reconsidering it but I can’t now that there are spies watching us and that necklace of his has a tracking device and I wouldn’t doubt it that if I tried to take it off again and if Mr. Choi knew my intentions, he probably would fix the necklace to where it couldn’t be taken off. So he’d always know where Yesung was, even if I did run away with him.”

Donghae shook is head, “Well… I think you’re actually screwed on this mission, Kyuhyun.”

“Isn’t that the truth,” he muttered.

“Well, whatever the outcome and whatever decision you make, Eunhyuk and I will stand by you. After all, you’re our leader.”

“Thanks,” Kyuhyun managed to throw a smile at his partner.

Donghae smiled back before leaning over and whispering, “But from my own personal opinion, try to keep Yesung.”

The leader laughed out, “I’ll try. He annoys the hell out of me, but he’s grown on me.”

“Love does that to a person,” Donghae quietly whispered to himself, and luckily Kyuhyun did not hear it.

 

--

 

“Kyuhyun, look, they have a bathhouse here too,” Yesung pointed at the advertisement on the wall of the hotel as they were checking in.

“Yes, that’s nice, Yesung,” he quickly replied before turning back towards the clerk at the counter, “I want the room with the least amount of windows, do you have one available?” When the clerk looked at him oddly, he decided to explain, motioning towards the angel, “My friend has sensitive skin so he doesn’t like to be in the sunlight as much.”

The clerk nodded in understanding and looked through the computer at her desk to find the room that Kyuhyun wanted. After finding one with only two windows in a corner room, she gave him the key to the room, and led them towards it. Once Kyuhyun and Yesung got settled into the room, the angel started spouting off his eagerness for going to the bathhouse.

Kyuhyun waved him off for a moment, focusing on closing the curtains and blinds on the windows then checking all the vents. Yesung watched him for a moment in confusion at the man’s actions but the voices outside their door caught his attention. He opened it to see Donghae and Eunhyuk in bathrobes.

“Oh, hey, Yesung,” Eunhyuk noticed the angel and stopped. “We’re on our way to the bathhouse, are you and Kyuhyun joining us?”

“I want to, but Kyuhyun’s doing weird stuff to the room right now,” the angel replied, moving out of the way to show them that Kyuhyun was currently peeking into one of the air vents in the room.

Eunhyuk stared at the leader in confusion while Donghae chuckled nervously, “Ah, yeah, he’s just being his weird old self. Why don’t you tell him that you’re going to go with us down to the bathhouse and leave him to do his weird things?”

Donghae figured that the man was making sure that there was no way any spies could get into the room or see into the room, maybe even make sure that no one could fit into the air vent to monitor what went on inside the room. He knew that if Yesung stayed there and watched the hunter checking everything that he’d only start to ask more questions and probably even catch onto some things. So that’s why he suggested the angel come with them, to leave Kyuhyun be for the time being.

Yesung walked over to the man, still confused by his actions, “Kyuhyun, I’m going to go to the bathhouse with Donghae and Eunhyuk, okay?”

Kyuhyun hummed, shining his flashlight into another vent, “Mhmm, alright. Be careful and I’ll be down in a few.”

“Okay.”

 

--

 

The three arrived at the bathhouse and Yesung was amazed that it had separate rooms unlike the other one. They picked the one that was empty since Yesung had been clinging to both Donghae and Eunhyuk once they passed the first person in the hallway. The angel was amazed and relieved that the water wasn’t as hot as the hot spring but it still felt warm and just perfect for his aching muscles.

“Ah, you can’t beat a warm bath to end the day with,” Eunhyuk sighed, resting in one of the corners of the bath, his eyes closing as he just lied there.

Donghae laughed then decided to tease the man, “That’s funny because you said something like to me the other night, Eunhyuk. You sure this is the best way to end a day?”

Eunhyuk’s eyes snapped open, raising his hands in defense, “No, no, that was night was definitely the best way to end the day… this is just… the second best. Yeah, nothing can beat being with you, Donghae.”

“I know, I was teasing you,” the man snickered, making his way over to his partner to place a kiss on his cheek.

“I know, babe,” Eunhyuk was about to place a kiss on Donghae’s lips when the voice behind them caused them to move apart. They forgot about the angel being there.

“Watching you two amazes me. You really love each other,” Yesung stated, staring intently at the two with an awed expression.

Donghae shrugged with a smile on his face while Eunhyuk’s cheeks turned red, he didn’t say anything, just slowly turned away from the angel. He was embarrassed that they’d gotten caught by the angel; he completely forgot that he was there. But Donghae simply chuckled at the reaction and moved over to sit beside the angel.

“It took a little while for us to realize it, but we really do love each other, Yesung,” the man said, throwing a glance over at Eunhyuk to see that he’d closed his eyes again as he tried to relax.

Yesung was quiet for a moment, looking between Donghae and Eunhyuk, then he asked, “What does love feel like?”

Donghae looked at him in confusion for a moment, seeing the curious face of the angel, “Well… it’s like wanting to protect that person from all harm, and just wanting to be with them forever. You can be apart but they’d still be on your mind, running through your thoughts, you even start to wonder if they’re thinking about you just as much as you are. And, for me, every time I look at Eunhyuk and when he looks back at me, I get this warm feeling in my chest, and I just… I just want to hold him, put my arms around him and just hold him to me, just to know he’s there.”

Yesung slowly nodded as he tried to process everything the man said, “Oh…”

“Why do you ask?” Donghae asked, slyly, as he already could tell that the angel felt something for their leader, the way Yesung looked at Kyuhyun, it was obvious. And though it was hard to tell at first, he knew that Kyuhyun had already started feeling something for the angel.

“I… I was just curious,” the angel mumbled, looking down at the ripples in the water.

“Are you sure it was just curiosity? Whatever it is, you can tell me, Yesung, and I’ll keep it a secret,” he replied, then asked with a teasing smile on his face, “Is it about Kyuhyun?”

Yesung’s head snapped up, his eyes wide as he looked at Donghae, he was about to shake his head and object but he saw the knowing look in the man’s eyes. He sighed, “Yeah… but I don’t know. I’ve never felt this way about someone before. That man from my past always said things to me that made me feel so good, calling me beautiful and stuff, and I liked it… before he turned into a monster. But with Kyuhyun, it’s just… I don’t know.”

“Well, how do you feel around him?”

“Um… well, lately, I can’t resist him, I just want to touch him, feel him touching me…” he froze, his cheeks darkening in color when he realized how that sounded. He quickly tried to brush it off, “I, um, we, uh, um—”

“You’ve been together, slept together, I know that much, Yesung,” Donghae informed him with a small chuckle at the speechless angel.

“H-How did you know? Did he tell you?”

Well, yeah, Kyuhyun did admit to it later on, but Donghae already knew beforehand, and he didn’t want the angel to know that Kyuhyun had already told him. It’d probably embarrass him. “I could tell. The first morning when you asked for a shirt, I saw the marks on your neck and the way you were holding yourself said quite a lot.”

“Oh… part of that makes me wondering if I’m just letting my mind get clouded by lust. I can’t refuse him and I can’t keep myself from wanting to be with him.”

“Are you sure it’s just lust or just the closeness that you want from him and the only way you can get it is through that?” Donghae asked, shocking Yesung.

Was that the reason why he loved being with Kyuhyun? Just for that closeness? It was usually after the two did that that the man wrapped his arms around him and held him. “M-Maybe. He does hold me after it… and I feel so… amazing when his arms are wrapped around me. I know he’s my protector and it’s his job that I feel safe around him, but I feel like nothing in the world could harm me while I’m in his arms. And I’d love for so much in the world to be able to have my powers and wings back so I could just wrap my wings around us both and keep us safe. Especially with those hunters that are after me.”

Donghae nodded, listening to the angel as he tried to bite back a grin that wanted to cross his face, he knew Yesung had felt something for Kyuhyun, and vice versa. “To be honest, that’s almost as the same way that I feel about Eunhyuk. That’s why I begged you to spare his life when we first met. I was so scared that you were going to kill him.”

“Ah, Donghae, I’m still sorry about that…” Yesung trailed off, gloomily looking down at the water.

“Yesung, you’re missing the point,” the man chuckled, drawing the angel’s attention back to him, his expression turning into confusion. “I think, and it’s really up to you on how you feel about him, but I’m just saying that I think you may be falling for Kyuhyun.”

The angel’s eyes widened as he stared at Donghae, “Wha-what?”

“I’ve seen the way you look at him, and I’ve seen the way that he looks at you… it doesn’t take a genius to put two and two together. There’s something between you two and I don’t believe it’s just .”

Yesung was quiet for a moment, his thoughts rushing through his head, and he was trying to keep up with everything but the one thing that keep going through his head was that he loved Kyuhyun. He loved him. He wanted nothing more than to be with the man. To hold him, to be held by him, to kiss him, to be kissed by him, to feel him beside him always, to hold his hand, to hear that voice saying his name, or to just hear his voice talking to him. Even if it’s just to tell him to shut up.

“I love Kyuhyun,” he said aloud, not realizing it until he heard Donghae’s chuckle.

“I think you do, and I think he loves you too. But he’s probably too much of a coward to say anything.”

“Why is that?”

Donghae glanced over at the angel, “Kyuhyun’s first love almost killed him. Literally.”

Yesung slowly nodded, his eyes wide, then he realized who it probably was. “Mina?”

The man turned to him in confusion, “Has he already told you about her?”

“No,” he shook his head, “He says her name sometimes when he’s sleeping. It’s usually when he’s having a nightmare. What happened between them?”

“Well, I’d rather him tell you, but to give you a heads up on why he might never actually tell you what he feels for you, she betrayed him—”

Yesung quickly spoke up, “I’d never do that to Kyuhyun.”

“I know you wouldn’t, Yesung, but that’s why he wouldn’t easily say what he felt towards you,” Donghae replied, leaving out the part where it’d probably be Kyuhyun betraying Yesung’s trust in the end. He knew he didn’t anything to worry about with the angel, because it was Yesung, the angel couldn’t hurt a fly unless he was provoked or felt threatened. But depending on Kyuhyun’s decision, it could result in the angel getting hurt in the end. He hated to think of their leader in that way, but he almost reminded him of Mina, despite the fact that he actually felt something for the angel and it wasn’t all lies.

“So I shouldn’t say anything to him about this just yet?” Yesung’s question pulled him from his thoughts.

“Probably not, at least, not until you’ve talked to each other—” Donghae was cut off at the sound of the door to the room opening.

Standing in the doorway was Kyuhyun; he wasn’t dressed like he was going to join them, still in his clothes from earlier. But from the small smirk on the leader’s face, Donghae could see that he had other intentions that didn’t include him and Eunhyuk being in the same room. He shook his head as he slowly moved away from Yesung and joined Eunhyuk on the other side of the tub as he leaned back against the side of the tub, quietly watching the two.

“Kyuhyun? Are you finally coming to join us?” The angel asked, happily to finally see the man arrive.

Kyuhyun shook his head, “No, I’ve decided to skip the bath for tonight, but I came down to see if you wanted to go back to the room now.”

Yesung whined, “But I’m still enjoying the bath.”

The hunter rolled his eyes, “I’m aware, but I did promise you something else while we were in the other town this morning. Don’t you want me to fulfill that promise to you now?”

The angel’s head titled to the side in confusion, “What did you promise me?”

Donghae saw Kyuhyun start to glance towards him and Eunhyuk so he quickly closed his eyes; much like Eunhyuk was with his relaxing. Although he believed his lover had already fallen asleep due to the stillness of him. But he still heard their conversation, since it seemed like Kyuhyun believed that the two were too relaxed to pay any more attention to their conversation.

“You know, the softness of the bed, wanting to stay there all day. What you wanted this morning,” Kyuhyun hinted towards the angel, hoping he didn’t have to spell it out for Yesung to catch on.

The light bulb went off in Yesung’s head when he finally understood what Kyuhyun was implying, “Oh! That! Have you sat on the bed yet, is it soft as the one in the other hotel or even softer?”

Rolling his eyes again, Kyuhyun held out his hand to the angel, “I was waiting for you. Let’s go find out.”

Donghae peeked an eye open at the two as Yesung got out of the water and quickly wrapped a robe around himself, and then the two were out the door faster than anything. He chuckled to himself, he knew what they were going to be doing for the rest of the night. He just hoped that Kyuhyun had secured the room; it was evident that the man hadn’t told Yesung about the spies, and he doubted that the man even would, but he hoped that nothing bad would come out the situation. Kyuhyun was usually cautious under pressure anyway, so hopefully all would end well.

He leaned his head back and closed his eyes to relax as he heard the quiet snore coming from Eunhyuk as he tried to clear his mind of everything. But what he and Yesung talked about was still going through his head. The angel loved Kyuhyun, and it was evident that Kyuhyun felt the same, or had very strong feelings for the angel. He just hoped that all would end well for the two, even though it did seem unlikely.